Home

Afraid of patches

This is a discussion on Afraid of patches within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Afraid of patches

I am probably in the minority but I am so afraid they will patch the running game to make it easier with all the complaints that are coming out. I for one love the challenge this year. I also hope they don’t patch the WR catches causing I am digging the drops and everything else. This is the first time I feel like I have to “work” to win a game in CFM in a very long time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Afraid of patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
I am probably in the minority but I am so afraid they will patch the running game to make it easier with all the complaints that are coming out. I for one love the challenge this year. I also hope they don’t patch the WR catches causing I am digging the drops and everything else. This is the first time I feel like I have to “work” to win a game in CFM in a very long time
Yep, 100% on the money. Its almost scary reading some other things that ppl are complaining about as well. Get ready for the 15 yrd runs every play... Im already unhooked from the internet until I know for sure what the next patch is going to do. EA really needs to let us choose what patch we want to play with offline. Not sure how this isnt a thing already in this day in age of sports titles.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:25 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

They do need to patch the cpu run game though. It's pretty horrible.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:32 AM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
They do need to patch the cpu run game though. It's pretty horrible.
Maybe, Most of the problems im reading & seeing video is on all pro. Im not having the issue on All Madden at the moment. Maybe the ai boosting is making them above the nonsense seen on all pro. They just need to tweak the logic which is fine, but if I know EA its one extreme of the spectrum to the way other side of the spectrum when it comes to patches.That makes me nervous.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-16-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:58 AM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm curious to see what they do with the run game because even upping how effective run block is won't drastically help the CPU. It'd definitely help the user which can be seen by upping the RBK slider but the CPU's biggest issue is how it handles RPM and just overall ball carrier logic. Too many hard cuts with space right in front of them. Too many jukes or spins that cost them yards as well. I've played ~20 games on All-Madden and the CPU isn't even averaging 3 YPC and pretty much every game I end up with 10+ TFL's. You can give them wide open lanes all day and but if they continue to just juke into defenders and turn 15+ yard runs into 2 yards it won't help.

With All-Madden they have be really careful patching it now to not completely throw off competitive as well. I'm really hoping defense doesn't get nerfed too hard, this year has been really refreshing compared to all the years we've had of wide open, high scoring action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 01:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

OVR: 0

Since early access beta i hope they fix this:

Fix CPU running game. It's ridiculous that a guy like Lynch is invisible on the field and makes no impact for the CPU team.

Second i hope they fix scrambling QB's...rarely i see fast QB's who scramble like Vick. And if they scramble, maximum 1 or maybe 2 (maybe 3! lol) atts in a game.

Third are the awful kicks and punts when there is wind....very buggy

I'm not afraid of patches

Last edited by Fredette; 08-16-2018 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:49 AM   #7
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

The cpu running is my biggest complaint. Earlier tonight I tried a test of juicing up the cpu O-line by upping all of their starters run blocking. This with my tackle slider at 30 and cpu run blocking at 100 yielded a whopping 90 yards on 20 carries for Todd Gurley. I upped everything just to see if the cpu could cheat to run, I didn't even care. But even then the cpu could get to 100 yards with one of the best backs in the game. I was playing a heavy pass defense most of the game too. I just don't get it. I really don't think there is any edit currently available that can fix this.

This desperately needs to be patched if you're playing on all pro vs the cpu.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:50 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

played KC last night, Hunt 23 att -8 yards ...

my defence isnt that good, 300+ lbs DE hitting him before he hits the los in a standard dice dive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »