Home

Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

This is a discussion on Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #9
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

18 had better game balance IMO for online play. RPM only seems to apply to offensive. The defensive is at a huge advantage.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 11-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #10
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

OVR: 0

The animations are a big factor also. Watching players run in M19 is outright cringey at times. Everything is just more fluid in M18. Screen Passes are a perfect example. They are dead in M19. Your RB will literally run into their own lineman or hesitate on the route meaning you’re sacked before you even have time to look up. I’m expecting big changes for M20 but then again, I’m not expecting anything to change.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #11
Banned

Dittohead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Dont have M18 but i have M17 and havent played it since i got M19 but im sure i will like that it doesnt have the One Cut. Not a fan of that and hate the Stamina thing being so up and down. And yes even after updates the players still run funny in M19.

Stamina is a killer for me. I understand the theory, but it's absolutely horrible in practice. Like, totally awful. Seeing guys slow down to a crawl or just fall to their knees because they broke 2 tackles or because I pressed the button not enough times or too many times...gotta go. Scrap it. Scrap it now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Folks, I'm not saying the glitchy RB RPM isn't there, it is and it needs to be cleaned up.

In my experiences inside of my user vs cpu cfm, I'm not seeing the glitchy RPM RB moves more than twice per game.(YMMV depending on variables, but it's something that is coded into the game and needs to be reduced or eradicated) In my experiences, it's been minimized on my end.

Speed parity, accelerated clock on or off, fast, normal, fatigue, all are tied into how much you see the glitchyness. It's an issue and it's been a issue since release and worst at release and it's needs cleaning up.

As I mentioned above, YMMV.

I've heard that when FIFA introduced RPM last year, it was glitchy for them too and took about a year to straighten it out.

Last edited by roadman; 11-11-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #13
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Totally agree about screen passes being poor this year. Another item that breaks the game balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 11-11-2018, 11:55 PM   #14
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel like aside from its few wonky RPM quirks, I actually prefer '19. And I really enjoyed '18 a lot.

Here's my breakdown based on playing on default or slightly adjusted All-Madden:

'17= Most addictive gameplay of this gen. I feel like the CPU AI was really well designed for '17.

'18= Best graphics/lighting of this gen. I also think presentation was really on-point in '18 in terms of commentary. The gameplay improvements that were made didn't wreck the game. But I feel like sometimes I had to really mess with sliders just to get a playable experience on All-Madden, especially on defense and running the ball.

'19= All-Madden is about as fair/playable on the default setting as it has ever been. I think RPM was a necessary push forward. I think player models and textures look good. I think lighting took a slight step backwards in terms of 1 pm daylight games. There are some really wonky moments sometimes but I feel gameplay is really balanced aside from those moments. Certainly some weird looking animations but that's any sports game.

To me, '17 and '19 are very close gameplay wise. I'd give '17 AI an edge but '19's overall gameplay feel an edge. I want the '19 player models and halftime show with '18's daytime lighting. Throw all of this together with a few improvements and I'd be ecstatic.

I'm already pretty happy though. That's just me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 11-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

17 and 18 can surely stand on their own.

If EA fixes the RB issue of ignoring daylight and swerving back into pursuit, and tightens up sideline and end zone awareness I think it can surpass both.

Oh yeah...and why does False Start seem to be hard coded into the game when you are between the 5 yard line and goal line?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #16
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Loving 19 wayyyyyyy more than 18 or 17. Gameplay isn't perfect, but it's really nice. The CFM progression change and the updated salary demands from players are what separates 19 from the previous ones. Again, not perfect for sure but it's a lot better and the gameplay is sooooo smooth

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »