Home

The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans

This is a discussion on The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #41
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans

This thread is beating a dead horse. I get the sense that the devs dont listen to the community and instead just try to make EA's profit margin as high as they possibly can. They know people will buy regardless, so why put time resources and money into making the best product they possibly can? In my opinion that is what's happening with the EA games, not just Madden, but Live, NHL, and Fifa as well. I hope they prove me wrong but I have my doubts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 12-19-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #42
Rookie

SaundCo87's Arena

I'm a little late to this discussion but have had some thoughts on it for a while and I think a lot of this is a much larger issue, not just in gaming, but life.

I enjoy playing online franchises. I like the competition with 31 other users to build a team and compete with that team. I was also born in 1987 and have been playing "franchise/season mode" since they officially put it in (madden 95? 96?, hell Tecmo Bowl you had a code that let you keep playing your season). This is the environment that I have enjoyed my entire madden-gaming life.

What I am trying to say is this. Most of us who like sim, franchise football, like to take a team and build it over the course of multiple seasons. That is just not how our culture works anymore and especially in the gaming world with younger madden players, most of who have grown up in this fantasy football, build-your-own-team world. They just flat don't want to play multiple seasons with the same teams/same players. Madden had to adjust to this.

We are old thinking now (or old guys, depending on age ). Madden has moved on from what exactly we like. Time to acknowledge that and accept Madden for what it is. Or don't play. These constant posts of why Madden isn't great are just the same, over and over and over.

I hope all of that made sense lol.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #43
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaundCo87
I'm a little late to this discussion but have had some thoughts on it for a while and I think a lot of this is a much larger issue, not just in gaming, but life.

I enjoy playing online franchises. I like the competition with 31 other users to build a team and compete with that team. I was also born in 1987 and have been playing "franchise/season mode" since they officially put it in (madden 95? 96?, hell Tecmo Bowl you had a code that let you keep playing your season). This is the environment that I have enjoyed my entire madden-gaming life.

What I am trying to say is this. Most of us who like sim, franchise football, like to take a team and build it over the course of multiple seasons. That is just not how our culture works anymore and especially in the gaming world with younger madden players, most of who have grown up in this fantasy football, build-your-own-team world. They just flat don't want to play multiple seasons with the same teams/same players. Madden had to adjust to this.

We are old thinking now (or old guys, depending on age ). Madden has moved on from what exactly we like. Time to acknowledge that and accept Madden for what it is. Or don't play. These constant posts of why Madden isn't great are just the same, over and over and over.

I could understand that line of thought, IF the gameplay wasn't trash every year. This year is absolutely positively the worst gameplay I have experienced in ANY sports game I have ever played. It is that bad, and obnoxiously unrealistic. If i wasn't a mainstay in 3 franchises, and an admin in 2 of them, I would not be playing Madden. I literally do it out of habit, and I have no idea why. If franchise is not their focus, then please for all that is holy, give us a crisp, non glitch filled, realistic gameplay experience.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 12-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #44
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I could understand that line of thought, IF the gameplay wasn't trash every year. This year is absolutely positively the worst gameplay I have experienced in ANY sports game I have ever played. It is that bad, and obnoxiously unrealistic. If i wasn't a mainstay in 3 franchises, and an admin in 2 of them, I would not be playing Madden. I literally do it out of habit, and I have no idea why. If franchise is not their focus, then please for all that is holy, give us a crisp, non glitch filled, realistic gameplay experience.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!!
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 12-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:

This should be stickied *everywhere* Madden is discussed on line. Well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12

Have to wholeheartedly disagree with you, this years game warts and all is still by far the best playing version of the game for playing sim football in a h2h league environment
Old 12-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I respect your opinion but disagree. If the quality is there I think that there are more people that would sink themselves into it regardless of age. That’s not say there isn’t a lot of gamers out there that don’t care about franchise regardless of how good it is.

And my last point, give me another sim based nfl game and I’ll stop with my complaints about the Madden franchise.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Have to wholeheartedly disagree with you, this years game warts and all is still by far the best playing version of the game for playing sim football in a h2h league environment
This. Although, having just played my first game ever on Simulation mode, I can say that I now understand some of the warping complaints. Players don't warp any where near as bad on competitive, but the corollary of this is that SPD kills so it's sort of a pick your poison situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »