Home

Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

This is a discussion on Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #57
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
You mean if EA lets them be what they do best but that hasnt been happening.
^^ True... It is too bad that some leaders/executives lose sight and focus on what is ultimately best for a consumer group, and which would ultimately increase profits over the long term. Maybe a change in incentives should be considered?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #58
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

It’s too bad sounds like the core engine will never be fixed and the idea of taking a year off to focus on it will never happen. Those dang EA suits...
Old 04-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I just don't like EA forcing them their developers to use Frostbite. I understand it makes it easier to "resolve" issues if the development teams are using the same engine. But it shouldn't be used if it doesn't fit the game. Madden hasn't had a issue with visuals. Despite having same preset faces since last gen. I don't understand why they never tried to reimplement face scan. They had it briefly for last gen. I'd imagine face scans would look good on Frostbite, as long as they don't do what they did for Live 19, which took a step back from Live 18
Old 04-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #60
Rookie

Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

At this point would take a CFL video game with better gameplay from EA. By better gameplay I mean, make this a game that solely focuses on gameplay. Focus on getting the little stuff right and build a solid foundation for Madden to be built on. Allow it to be the building blocks for the future Maddens games.

Because this isn’t the cash cow this could be released every two years or simply let it be a game sold once and charge for downloadable upgrades/patches. No more putting something in and taken it out next year. Add something that builds of of the foundation and work on it until it’s damn near perfect and works smooth with what’s going on, on the field.

I’m freaking desperate for a GREAT football game man, absolutely no reason with the gaming systems we have today we can’t have one.

Let the people who are more interested in back of the box features, MUT, or simply because it’s a football game with “NFL” logo keep spending their money ever year (we all know they will) while building the real football game in the background with a CFL video game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by UpNorthCatsFan; 04-14-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:57 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthCatsFan
At this point would take a CFL video game with better gameplay from EA. By better gameplay I mean, make this a game that solely focuses on gameplay. Focus on getting the little stuff right and build a solid foundation for Madden to be built on. Allow it to be the building blocks for the future Maddens games.

Because this isn’t the cash cow this could be released every two years or simply let it be a game sold once and charge for downloadable upgrades/patches. No more putting something in and taken it out next year. Add something that builds of of the foundation and work on it until it’s damn near perfect and works smooth with what’s going on, on the field.

I’m freaking desperate for a GREAT football game man, absolutely no reason with the gaming systems we have today we can’t have one.

Let the people who are more interested in back of the box features, MUT, or simply because it’s a football game with “NFL” logo keep spending their money ever year (we all know they will) while building the real football game in the background with a CFL video game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They could do the same once NCAA is back in the fold, too.

If the CFL game has more profit vs overhead, would be nice to pull off. It's a big if, though...

Plus, based on the fact they recently laid people off, it would need to be profitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #62
Rookie

DallasFan39's Arena

This interview as well as other videos and discussions That is going around this forum and social media seems to give justification to what a lot of people were already saying. In my frustration over how quickly the Madden franchise has gone downhill and my slightly bitterness over my favorite football game ( NCAA14) being discounted I put a lot of misplaced blame on the devs.

No I don’t think they should be let off the hook completely but it does seem as if their hands are tied when it comes to certain aspects of the game. I don’t think things like fixing the gameplay or improving on and adding to the franchise mood would force them to take away from mut. Rex kinda opened our eyes and showed up the way Madden is headed. What do us sim offline guys do now?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Good discussion here. Honestly, the best thing that I did was sell Madden in October of last year. I had no desire to play the game again due to the direction. Hearing these things mentioned just reinforce what many of us were feeling with the game.

The game is going in a different direction, thus making my decision easy. I can be the first to enjoy MUT-type of games, but if the franchise and gameplay are not meeting my expectations, I just move away. EA then loses my purchase and my $ contributions to MUT. Hopefully, these type of modes dry up sooner than later. Glad to say that I did not spend any money on MUT this year when I sold the game. The game is just lifeless.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

You had me all the way up to the game is lifeless.

Not saying your opinion is wrong, just saying a lot of folks around here are getting great games from user vs cpu and enjoying Madden 19. I've heard the user vs user mode isn't as a good as the user vs cpu mode. And a majority of us don't spend a penny on MUT. I don't wish MUT dry up because who am I to say just because I don't spend any time with MUT and don't spend any dollars on it, get rid of it. There are enough people that use it and enjoy it and it won't go away anytime soon.(unless forced out which is a different thread)

I do agree in general, if you are not happy with the direction the game is headed, speak with your wallet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »