Home

Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

This is a discussion on Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murrayís Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #1
MVP
 
Rayzaa's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

*If Title still wrong ,Mods please fix. Meant Eric Rayweather.*

Eric Rayweather on YouTube gives insight on questions asked and Rex's answers to what was happening at EA.

https://youtu.be/PGpR9zUaQKs

Last edited by Rayzaa; 04-12-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Rayzaa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #2
Madden 20
 
DaReal Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,139
Re: Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

Alteast 90% of ppl in the Madden forums need to hear this and realize why things are the way they are. Like we're Madden appolgists, no we just understand what's going on with the big picture. Especially, the ones that have called the devs lazy. I would honestly rather listen to the podcast and hear it from Rex. This dude kinda made it confusing by adding his own two cents after everything imo.

Here's the actual interview. I would listen to the whole interview.

https://m.soundcloud.com/dubdot-dubb...episode-24-rex

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 04-11-2019 at 08:28 PM.
DaReal Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #3
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 23,863
Re: Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

I only needed to hear the first 30 minutes of the podcast.

I wonder if people that take potshots at the developers will really listen to this podcast. If they do, then there should be no more shots taken at the developers. If they continue to take shots at them, then we will know they didn't listen to one second of the podcast.

This is the same info I received from Ian several years ago, marketing and the Executive Producers dictate what goes into the game. This was not a shocker or surprise for me.

Protak is implemented one year and taken out the next because it was already marketed and they need something new to market.

Like xtreme mentioned several days ago in the other thread, the game is targeted towards the MUT and Competitive market.

And something should be crystal clear to everyone, marketing and the Executive Producers will produce the game they want to the most revenue in, no one will change their mind. If Creative Developers can't change their minds, no one on the outside will either. They will not change their business plan that makes them revenue.
__________________
Hot Takes Before Game Release

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new

Last edited by roadman; 04-11-2019 at 08:52 PM.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie
 
GoJags904's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Basically after watching, only way to make the suits listen is hitting their pockets. Bad news is, i dont think we have enough core sim gamers to make a dent even if we all did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
__________________
PSN: SELLURGAMEUSUCK

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA


MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
GoJags904 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
MVP
 
Rayzaa's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Alteast 90% of ppl in the Madden forums need to hear this and realize why things are the way they are. Like we're Madden appolgists, no we just understand what's going on with the big picture. Especially, the ones that have called the devs lazy. I would honestly rather listen to the podcast and hear it from Rex. This dude kinda made it confusing by adding his own two cents after everything imo.

Here's the actual interview. I would listen to the whole interview.

https://m.soundcloud.com/dubdot-dubb...episode-24-rex
Thanks, I didn't hear the actual podcast
Rayzaa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #6
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Basically after watching, only way to make the suits listen is hitting their pockets. Bad news is, i dont think we have enough core sim gamers to make a dent even if we all did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Yeah, the really big shame here is that back of the box features donít really sell more copies or Ďmanyí more copies. I really think if they concentrated on gameplay and made a truly amazing realistic football game, THAT would sell. Through word of mouth, alone. The hardcore sim community would be talking about how realistic it is. The game reviewers would talk about how realistic it is. That would get casuals interested as well.

Pro Tak didnít sell more copies to casuals. Aggressive catch mechanics didnít sell more to casuals. RPM didnít sell more to casuals. Itís possible that Longshot appealed to some casuals, but I still imagine thatís a minimal fan base addition for the work required for that Ďback of the boxí feature.

Itís always a shame when money gets involved into artistic expression. Instead of letting the artists create, theyíre forced to create whatever sells the most. But, again, itís truly a shame in this case, because I really donít think theyíre selling more units because of these features. So, theyíre really screwing themselves and the community.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Any yearly video game should always tout tighter gameplay mechanics. Whether itís a shooter, rpg, or sports game. Whether you can add that as a back of the box feature shouldnít matter. It should be an intrinsic part of creating any yearly title.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #8
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 23,863
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, the really big shame here is that back of the box features donít really sell more copies or Ďmanyí more copies. I really think if they concentrated on gameplay and made a truly amazing realistic football game, THAT would sell. Through word of mouth, alone. The hardcore sim community would be talking about how realistic it is. The game reviewers would talk about how realistic it is. That would get casuals interested as well.

Pro Tak didnít sell more copies to casuals. Aggressive catch mechanics didnít sell more to casuals. RPM didnít sell more to casuals. Itís possible that Longshot appealed to some casuals, but I still imagine thatís a minimal fan base addition for the work required for that Ďback of the boxí feature.

Itís always a shame when money gets involved into artistic expression. Instead of letting the artists create, theyíre forced to create whatever sells the most. But, again, itís truly a shame in this case, because I really donít think theyíre selling more units because of these features. So, theyíre really screwing themselves and the community.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can say that back of the box features don't sell the game, but they have all the metrics and data to back it all up.

I loved the part where one Executive Producer came in and said his nephew loves how aggressive catch is working.

That is the market, folks.
__________________
Hot Takes Before Game Release

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Top -