Home

GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

This is a discussion on GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #33
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Is it safe to say that what has been revealed is all of the new additions for franchise this year? Any chance of OC/DC additions? Improved scouting/drafting? Improved injury system? Historical stat tracking?

I can probably answer my own question but still have to ask.
I know in an earlier post I believe it was T4verts that had alluded to there being some changes we would be happy about that he wasn't sure would make the blog or the stream. I'm not sure what those are or if they ended up being covered. As far as OC/DC additions I feel like those would already have been covered if they were getting them in because that's been a highly asked for feature and would be a great selling point for this years franchise mode. I guess it's still possible that they get coordinators in the game and just want to save that info for a little bit but who knows.

As far as an improved injury system that's something we need. I would love to see a more progressive injury system where players show wear and tear on their body over the course of a career. And historical stat tracking I'm not sure why they can't get that in the game, maybe that's something that they've added and haven't mentioned yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Shosum13; 05-04-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:12 PM   #34
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree the blame is on marketing and the suits on the direction of the game.

I agree somewhat about your assessment of not placing blame on the consumer, but I feel the consumer should know that the game is marketed towards the casual market.
What I am about to say is going to make me as popular as Donald Trump at a Democratic convention. However it’s not the developers fault, or even the marketing department fault. The suits is the one pushing the direction of the game but it’s still not their fault. It’s the majority of the Madden audience that is at fault. Just like with any other forms of entertainment or pop culture you have trends and fads. Video games are no exception. The days of pure simulation style sports games are dying fast. The vast majority doesn’t want to spend hours upon hours working on offseason moves just to watch the CPU play each other.

They want fast games, with big hits and lots of big offensive plays. The over dramatic story career modes, and RPG elements like progression and leveling up is what players what nowadays. EA is a corporation and like any other corporation their goal is to make money. And if their research tells them that this is what most players want. They are going to do it. I for one is choosing to embrace the new features and have fun.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Redneck
What I am about to say is going to make me as popular as Donald Trump at a Democratic convention. However it’s not the developers fault, or even the marketing department fault. The suits is the one pushing the direction of the game but it’s still not their fault. It’s the majority of the Madden audience that is at fault. Just like with any other forms of entertainment or pop culture you have trends and fads. Video games are no exception. The days of pure simulation style sports games are dying fast. The vast majority doesn’t want to spend hours upon hours working on offseason moves just to watch the CPU play each other.

They want fast games, with big hits and lots of big offensive plays. The over dramatic story career modes, and RPG elements like progression and leveling up is what players what nowadays. EA is a corporation and like any other corporation their goal is to make money. And if their research tells them that this is what most players want. They are going to do it. I for one is choosing to embrace the new features and have fun.

Maybe, but theres more and more research coming out showing social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit really don't represent the majority of audiences for nearly everything from consumer products to political platforms. The Twitter and YouTube crowds may show the analytics that Madden should cater more to the casual crowd, but who knows how accurate that really is.

Analytics can be very misleading even with tons of info. Look at how Madden's analytics showed for years people didn't play Franchise mode that much. EA seemed to take that as a notice that people don't care about the mode. The real truth was most people saw the mode as a joke compared to other sports games and didn't waste time playing it.

Basing all of your decisions off of analytical data from social media platforms is the big trend the last 5 or so years, but it is becoming apparent that it isnt nearly as accurate for representing consumer interests as many thought.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #36
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

They just continue to make ti clear that authentic NFL football is not the priority. You'll never see a fracnhise blog from 2k talking about boss battles, and terms like that.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-05-2019, 02:30 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Maybe, but theres more and more research coming out showing social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit really don't represent the majority of audiences for nearly everything from consumer products to political platforms. The Twitter and YouTube crowds may show the analytics that Madden should cater more to the casual crowd, but who knows how accurate that really is.

Analytics can be very misleading even with tons of info. Look at how Madden's analytics showed for years people didn't play Franchise mode that much. EA seemed to take that as a notice that people don't care about the mode. The real truth was most people saw the mode as a joke compared to other sports games and didn't waste time playing it.

Basing all of your decisions off of analytical data from social media platforms is the big trend the last 5 or so years, but it is becoming apparent that it isnt nearly as accurate for representing consumer interests as many thought.
I agree with you on the fact that analytics can be misleading. There is a large portion of Madden players that aren’t represented on the social media platforms. However those consumer like us aren’t as vocal and more importantly we don’t generate as much cash as the consumers that the analytics account for. Us hardcore old school sim guys are one once a year customers, and many wait until the final season roster and a few patches to hit before they even buy the game. The guys doing mut will buy the more expensive Mut editions plus buy the mut cards year round. Plus EA is cashing in on the popularity surrounding the Madden tournaments and events.

So yea the analytics data might be a little off but the sales numbers aren’t. This is what sports gaming has come to because this is what people want.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
They just continue to make ti clear that authentic NFL football is not the priority. You'll never see a fracnhise blog from 2k talking about boss battles, and terms like that.

So it’s not authentic NFL football for a top O lineman to go up against a top D lineman and the announcers talk about it? I’m Dallas fan and out O line gets talk about a lot. DB/WR battles are talk about. People are dumping on this feature because they called it Boss battle.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Redneck
So it’s not authentic NFL football for a top O lineman to go up against a top D lineman and the announcers talk about it? I’m Dallas fan and out O line gets talk about a lot. DB/WR battles are talk about. People are dumping on this feature because they called it Boss battle.
So an owner choosing between either 400 yds passing or no sacks over the boss battle and getting extra experience points to spend on a player if they achieve that goal is NFL authentic? People are dumping on the feature because it is an arcade implementation instead of an authentic, realistic NFL implementation.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
So an owner choosing between either 400 yds passing or no sacks over the boss battle and getting extra experience points to spend on a player if they achieve that goal is NFL authentic? People are dumping on the feature because it is an arcade implementation instead of an authentic, realistic NFL implementation.
I get what you are saying and you are right. But Madden is a video game not a coaching simulator. It just seems like the same people that said Madden’s franchise mode was dull are now bashing the developers for trying to breath life back into the mode while still trying to keep their bosses happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »