Home

Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #89
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Classic case of being heavy handed at the top and not doing enough to make the average players more average. You can make the Elite players stand out by making the average and mediocre more average and more mediocre...and that way the Elite players won't be made cheese.

I also hate the fact that the Elite LB's will still have the ability to make the BS INT's. Everybody will be trying to play with the Bears, Jaguars and Panthers. Forgive me, but I'm still irked off of that because of an Online League I played in and this fool who played with Chicago set the NFL record for INT's with Roquan Smith.
Oh yea, I've seen 30 ints in 1 season by a MLB. It's crazy how easy it is for a user that knows what they're doing to take away almost the entire middle of the field with a LB. I'm glad that they are doing something to fix this by adjusting trajectories and cutting down on LBs making ridiculous ints. Unfortunately though the biggest cause of this problem is the ballhawk feature.

Let's hope that the adjustments that they made to trajectories is enough to combat this feature. On several occasions I've seen a guy covering a WR underneath with their BACK TURNED to the QB jump up and make a pick without even looking on a ball intended for a WR 10-15 yards further downfield. They need to have better pass trajectories that allow people to try and fit the ball in to tighter coverage windows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Totally agree. Don't know what they are thinking with Brady having a Superstar trait makes his OL suddenly block better. And Mahomie can either throw it 80 yards or he can't. IMO these are stupid additions and they aren't real things.
I agree with u partially. I do like what EA is trying for but the boosted skill and triggers are so important to get right for the success of the feature.

It is true that a lineman will look like a different person with a different QB under center. Maybe one QB is better at spoting the blitz so the lineman is aligned correctly from the start. Improper alignment will simply make the lineman look worse to the viewer. Or maybe the QB pump fakes better and cause d-lineman to jump and stops their pass rush momentum. Or maybe the QB is doing such a good job of getting the ball out that it is crushing the spirit of the dLine to spend so much energy rushing when they seemingly have no chance.

Maybe better than just a better OLine would be if Brady's skill was faster reads and getting the ball out quicker so the DLine's job gets tougher.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #91
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Oh yea, I've seen 30 ints in 1 season by a MLB. It's crazy how easy it is for a user that knows what they're doing to take away almost the entire middle of the field with a LB. I'm glad that they are doing something to fix this by adjusting trajectories and cutting down on LBs making ridiculous ints. Unfortunately though the biggest cause of this problem is the ballhawk feature.

Let's hope that the adjustments that they made to trajectories is enough to combat this feature. On several occasions I've seen a guy covering a WR underneath with their BACK TURNED to the QB jump up and make a pick without even looking on a ball intended for a WR 10-15 yards further downfield. They need to have better pass trajectories that allow people to try and fit the ball in to tighter coverage windows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Or...if your player is in a position that makes it unrealistic for him to pick off a pass(i.e. back turned to the QB and doesnt know where the football is...only allow for the Swat or Raise Hand/Bat Ball down animation to play out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #92
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent89
The game speed removal bothers me. *I play on Slow because it’s the more accurate representation of the sport, and the blocking is horrendous on anything faster. *If they don’t at least slow down the default game speed, Madden is permanently going to be unplayable for me

This is definitely a personal preference kind of thing, and it’s a shame for u and others that prefer to change the speed. But, for me, slow is not more ‘accurate’. Football is a high intensity extremely fast paced sport. Back when they first introduced the speeds in madden 13, I believe, I changed from normal to fast because normal looked like football being played in slow motion.

I can imagine the animations look better, but at the cost of the realism of fast twitch muscle memory for a sport like football.

As always, to each his own, but I don’t understand how anyone can play a fast paced sport like football on slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #93
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

So far things sound like an improvement but wont really know till it comes out. Presentation is also a big deal. Hope they change that too along with scouting and the draft which is boring as hell.

Im not even interested in next weeks video from EA as its about MUT. I dont care about MUT and what they are doing with it.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #94
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That schedule is from Madden 19’s info release schedule. It does look like there will be another Franchise blog though, and that the first blog we got was mainly for FOTF QB1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really interested in reading the franchise deep dive when it comes out. The fact they are having a deep dive blog has me hopeful they looked into and improved some areas of franchise that wasn’t in the first blog.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #95
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I disagree. There are definitely games where Brady is great and games when he is not so great and never gets comfortable. You can even break that down by quarters.

Take super bowl against Atlanta as an example. Brady was not good for 3 quarters and then he caught fire, got confident, and torched Atlanta in the end.
Meh, I don't know if Brady suddenly got confident. They sucked in the 1st half. In the second half, ATL got conservative, the Pats caught some breaks (Edelman catch) and started playing better. That could play out in a video game (or old fashioned dice rolling simulation game) with out a magical X-Factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I hope the counters are effective and balanced. I don't like the idea of 100% guarantee something will occur. I would rather heard higher percentage.
Especially when it comes to Enforcer. I'm still imagine you are going to still have to time it correctly. But I don't like that there won't be broken hit sticks regardless of weight and momentum. I hope there is a offensive counter. I shouldn't be able to create a 5'7 170 DB and equip him with Enforcer and be able to hitstick Derrick Henry(6'3 247) with 100% success

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »