Home

Removed game speeds?

This is a discussion on Removed game speeds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Removed game speeds?

Maybe it will be so they completley sync this game back up. The RB stuck in mud glitch on game speeds other than normal were a real struggle. Stemming back to NCAA 14 as well.

Regardless, of course, still don't agree with removal of options - especially since a good majority can't play on normal speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #66
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

When game speed was introduced nearly over a decade ago, I typically played on very slow. Again, 1 step forward, 2 steps back. It’s a pretty big deal to me . I’m again very saddened by this
Old 05-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #67
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
I’ve tried playing Madden 19 on Normal speed recently. In preparation for madden 20...I just can’t do it, I like the feel of the game on very slow. I feel that I can see the plays better the interaction between the players seems much better. I’m gutted, but looks like I’m gonna stick with Madden 19 in stead of buying Madden 20. I’m just not feeling the game on Normal speed...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
It would take some getting used to and I can see maybe it wouldn't work for you. I played a game today on slow(I play on normal) and it was different but not so much that I couldn't get used to it. And I might add it played with no flaws
Now on very slow, in wouldn't like that so I get it.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 05-16-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #68
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

How in the world does anyone play on ‘very slow’? Lol

To each his own. But, when they first introduced game speeds in 13, I had to play on fast because normal didn’t feel like ‘football speed’ to me. Every game after that, normal has felt fine to me and felt like ‘football speed’. I totally get the fact that everyone’s different and I think they should keep the different speeds to appeal to everyone and as others have mentioned, removing things is always bad. But, seriously, slow is too slow and very slow feels nothing like ‘football speed’ to me. I’m sure the animations look smoother or something, but I just can’t imagine playing the game on that speed. Again, to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 10:03 PM   #69
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
How in the world does anyone play on ‘very slow’? Lol

To each his own. But, when they first introduced game speeds in 13, I had to play on fast because normal didn’t feel like ‘football speed’ to me. Every game after that, normal has felt fine to me and felt like ‘football speed’. I totally get the fact that everyone’s different and I think they should keep the different speeds to appeal to everyone and as others have mentioned, removing things is always bad. But, seriously, slow is too slow and very slow feels nothing like ‘football speed’ to me. I’m sure the animations look smoother or something, but I just can’t imagine playing the game on that speed. Again, to each his own.

Same can be said about normal speed, I still can't see how anyone can play on normal speed or above. Animations & movements are so herky jerky & unrealistic imo on these speeds. I don't mind the speed of the game faster, it's just a trainwreck when it comes together imo. Only benefit on faster speeds imo it can hide a lot of warts. Maybe that's EA's plan, hide them instead of fixing them. Like you said to each their own. Point is EA is making everyone play a certain way, if you like normal great it won't be an issue for you. Its no different then EA making everyone play without Defensive holding. The sim community lost out on that one and certain players are losing out playing on different speeds that they actually enjoy. Personally, the things on my enjoyment list is fading from being removed & being out weighed with the things I can't stand.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-16-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:49 PM   #70
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Same can be said about normal speed, I still can't see how anyone can play on normal speed or above. Animations & movements are so herky jerky & unrealistic imo on these speeds. I don't mind the speed of the game faster, it's just a trainwreck when it comes together imo. Only benefit on faster speeds imo it can hide a lot of warts. Maybe that's EA's plan, hide them instead of fixing them. Like you said to each their own. Point is EA is making everyone play a certain way, if you like normal great it won't be an issue for you. Its no different then EA making everyone play without Defensive holding. The sim community lost out on that one and certain players are losing out playing on different speeds that they actually enjoy. Personally, the things on my enjoyment list is fading from being removed & being out weighed with the things I can't stand.
True ive never seen a defensive holding but I've seen plenty of PI's and facemask calls. Both result in first downs so I'm ok with not seeing D holding.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:39 AM   #71
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318boy
Removing game speeds does sound horrible but I am a offline-player so if I have 2 I will globally reduce speed, agility and acceleration. Ooo this is coming from a slow and at one point very-slow-speed offline gamer.
I've tried this on 19 as far as lowering speed & acceleration on normal and the movement gets really strange. I think it has to do with RPM (if we can even call it that at this pt, not sure what it is exactly tbh). I actually hope they scrap the whole RPM thing & go back to how it was in 18. The players all get lurched & hunched over and it's like a weird odd looking movement with awful looking strides. Like to to hear about your ideas for 20 though, if it comes to it.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-17-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2019, 01:54 AM   #72
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket

Right on. Yeah, I’m coming from a strictly ‘football speed’ argument, here. That’s the reason I could never play on slow. Football is such a quick twitch fast paced 7 seconds of intensity type sport compared to most others. So, I want that speed.

I was playing nba 2k19 with my nephews the other night. They cranked up the speed on that game without me knowing it, and I was just like, ‘wth is going on here? These players are moving way too fast. That’s not basketball. That’s not realistic.’ Lol. So, I’ve seen it from both sides in 2 different sports, I suppose.

But yeah, they probably could’ve lived with keeping separate game speeds with some glitchiness. What I don’t understand is how the different speeds cause the glitches, u know? I know video games are complex, but simply speeding up or slowing down when/how things happens shouldn’t cause that. Especially slowing down things. Like, i could see speeding things up causing a bigger problem computationally speaking. Maybe, a calculation or 2 don’t fire properly and the cpu can’t make a ‘decision’ where to run or something and so he stands in place. But, if u go on slow speed, the game would have more time to calculate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »