Home

Madden's aging fanbase

This is a discussion on Madden's aging fanbase within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden's aging fanbase

47yrs old and I simply don’t have the time, nor is video gaming that important in my life to waste time squabbling about what Madden is or isn’t.

Some gamers that’s all they do is turn the console on on a daily bases and like anything you consistently spend a lot of time with, eventually it becomes difficult to hold your attention and you keep looking for that next thing to fulfill being excited and still interested.

Back in the day, video gaming was just a temporary escape for a moment, but now games have become so ingrained in gamers lives on a daily bases that now there’s this concept of a “Professional” video gamer where hours upon hours spent playing a game on a daily bases is considered worthy dedication by some.

Crazy how the idea about playing a video games has changed over time.

The pure definition of “old” I guess.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:40 PM   #18
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
47yrs old and I simply don’t have the time, nor is video gaming that important in my life to waste time squabbling about what Madden is or isn’t.

Some gamers that’s all they do is turn the console on on a daily bases and like anything you consistently spend a lot of time with, eventually it becomes difficult to hold your attention and you keep looking for that next thing to fulfill being excited and still interested.

Back in the day, video gaming was just a temporary escape for a moment, but now games have become so ingrained in gamers lives on a daily bases that now there’s this concept of a “Professional” video gamer where hours upon hours spent playing a game on a daily bases is considered worthy dedication by some.

Crazy how the idea about playing a video games has changed over time.

The pure definition of “old” I guess.
I never...ever thought I would see the day when people would get paid for playing video games. Im amazed and bewildered at the same time that dudes playing in the NBA 2k League makes more money in a few months than I do a year at tye police department. Something about that doesn't seem right. But I cant be mad with the guys who take advantage of it. How many people would turn down making 50-60k for six months to play NBA 2k?? Times have def vhanged since I git my first Atari console.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #19
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
On PC you can actually mod this for Madden 19. I actually have it slower than default Madden, but you can speed it up faster if you like. Just one reason of many why Madden on PC is King. Madden 20 will be right up your alley then with no walk up.
I don't see why they can't have these options on the console versions.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:00 PM   #20
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Its not something EA is doing or giving, its the modding community on PC and these things just aren't possible on console.

Playing:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:27 PM   #21
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Largely because the hundreds of options people would say the same thing about aren't free to add.

To the overall topic, competitive gaming is the focus in the current landscape, and most of us are no longer in the primary demographic for many games. I'm OK with that, and if a game doesn't appeal to me then I move on. I still get plenty from Madden, so I haven't.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-28-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 12:44 AM   #22
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden's aging fanbase

Just turned 48.

Madden gamer since early 2000s (joined OS around same time)...2k fanboy for a few years but alas...back to madden. Actually really enjoying M19...

...1 kid...teenager...more into friends lately so I’m settling back into gaming a bit more these days compared to 5-10 years ago (Battlefront 2 being the other game)

Wonder if i’ll be gaming in my 60s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 21

63...classic teams is what I create and play with. Love seeing the players and the teams I watched in the 60's and 70's.

C
Old 05-29-2019, 07:56 AM   #24
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm 34. I have been playing Madden hardcore since whichever version had Eddie George on it. I dont know if its a function of age or what, but I'm at a point where I just want to enjoy gaming. I have spent more time playing Mega Man and Rayman Legends than I have 2K this month. Me and my son have been on Gears 4 since school ended.

I no longer feel compelled to "fix" games. M19 is a game I simply cant enjoy. I redownloaded M19 a few weeks back after the M20 news dropped to put fresh eyes on it; I just cant get with it. Between the dark lighting, stiff animations, bad tackles and terrible telegraphed blocked kicks I just cant, man. I'm still optimistic about M20, though.

When it comes to sports games on the presentation front, I want to see what I see on TV. Options are always good, I like The Shows presentation options. I havent seen how removing the walking to the line animation impacts the presentation so I'll wait on that. But when I game, I'm not looking to shorten my game time. I'll play 5 (or 3) min quarters if I dont have much time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »