Home

New Player Ratings Spread

This is a discussion on New Player Ratings Spread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 02:48 AM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: New Player Ratings Spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectD4rk
These ratings are nothing like what was talked about before this beta with dev blogs. You guys talked up the new ratings and how spread out it would be and told us not to be shocked if we are seeing starters in the mid 50s. It sounded great and I can speak for allot of people who were most excited about the spreading out of ratings you guys told us about.

I don't see any starters in the mid 50s at all or even mid 60s. Which means everyone at EA is full of bs. Go dive into CFM and all the dev blogs the last few months. Your CFM in beta seems to be missing everyting talked about as well.

I get your saying these rosters are not final and not what we will see in release. But what you really mean is you might tinker with some ratings alittle bit. I have bought Madden since 1990. I am no dummy. This is the rating system for the year we are looking at in beta. It's not going to be completley different in the next 45 days. And it for sure is not going to be anything like you guys talked it up to be thats for sure.
The ratings for all the non-rookies in the beta are nearly identical to the final roster update of Madden NFL 19 and almost certainly used that data as a base. As an example: I have both the Madden 20 beta and Madden 19 on in front of me and I just spot-checked Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb. Between the two games, Rodgers ratings are nearly identical, and Cobb's ratings are exactly identical.

The rookies in the M20 beta (and also veterans who were not present in the final M19 roster update such as Jason Witten and Kareem Hunt) are all nonfactor placeholder ratings. Kyler Murray will almost certainly not be an OVR 61 rookie QB in the final game (relative to many current NFL backup QBs exceeding that OVR rating in the beta).

More importantly than any of this investigation, you also have literally the guy who makes the ratings telling us the ratings in the beta are not final and you are actively rejecting that statement and suggesting he is misleading people. That is skirting the line very close to an attack against a forum VIP, which is explicitly forbidden by the forum terms of service.

You can drop the crusade now because you are simply wrong. As a forum moderator, I strongly advise that you do so.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-15-2019 at 02:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2019, 06:27 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
This is an exceptionally disappointing screenshot if the final product pans out the way it looks. I too was hopeful the actual ratings/attributes themselves would be more spread out and not just the overalls.
Ratings are still too high. Tom Brady doesn't have 95 throw power...no way in hell. His throw power should be more of a 75-80.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
Ratings are still too high. Tom Brady doesn't have 95 throw power...no way in hell. His throw power should be more of a 75-80.

LOL at 75-80 you wouldn't even be able to put him on the field.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
False, go watch The Franchise Guy video on his roster overhaul. Brady, while smart, accurate and knowledgeable of defenses and his offense, he's not known for having a HUGE gun. In my franchise in madden 19, Brady has 73 throw power and he's still one of the best QB's in the game. Led the league in passing.

The ratings are too high and not accurate to the real life players.....

Old 06-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
That's kind of the point in this supposed new ratings system. It was supposed to SPREAD out the ratings. Not every QB has a rocket arm. Like you said the way it is now you need 90+ arm strength to be effective. What is the difference from a 93 and a 97? If TB had a 75 arm I would hope there would be a difference from a 95 arm.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The ratings for all the non-rookies in the beta are nearly identical to the final roster update of Madden NFL 19 and almost certainly used that data as a base. As an example: I have both the Madden 20 beta and Madden 19 on in front of me and I just spot-checked Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb. Between the two games, Rodgers ratings are nearly identical, and Cobb's ratings are exactly identical.

The rookies in the M20 beta (and also veterans who were not present in the final M19 roster update such as Jason Witten and Kareem Hunt) are all nonfactor placeholder ratings. Kyler Murray will almost certainly not be an OVR 61 rookie QB in the final game (relative to many current NFL backup QBs exceeding that OVR rating in the beta).

More importantly than any of this investigation, you also have literally the guy who makes the ratings telling us the ratings in the beta are not final and you are actively rejecting that statement and suggesting he is misleading people. That is skirting the line very close to an attack against a forum VIP, which is explicitly forbidden by the forum terms of service.

You can drop the crusade now because you are simply wrong. As a forum moderator, I strongly advise that you do so.
My question is that if these ratings are all wrong for the beta and they will be vastly different in the real game will that not effect gameplay? If he's a 75 now but in the real game will be a 60 does he still play the same? I thought these new ratings were supposed to change how players feel. So this beta is not usufull at all in testing this new feature. Will the game be totally different when the real ratings get put in?
Old 06-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #31
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking11
My question is that if these ratings are all wrong for the beta and they will be vastly different in the real game will that not effect gameplay? If he's a 75 now but in the real game will be a 60 does he still play the same? I thought these new ratings were supposed to change how players feel. So this beta is not usufull at all in testing this new feature. Will the game be totally different when the real ratings get put in?

Sim your franchise forward maybe 10 years , it has been stated that generated rookies ratings adhere to the spread ratings philosophy, so this should give you the gameplay experience of the release day rosters
Old 06-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Sim your franchise forward maybe 10 years , it has been stated that generated rookies ratings adhere to the spread ratings philosophy, so this should give you the gameplay experience of the release day rosters
Are you saying this NEW rating scale is already in madden 19? If so that's all I need to hear.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »