Home

Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

This is a discussion on Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #41
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

So I am a huge Mlb the show guy but also love Madden just as much. These are the two games i play year round. So there is no way Madden will ever come close to the show with there presentation or commentary. The show does a amazing job on letting you know what is going on with stats and how players are doing throughout the year in every game you play. I mean they just told me one of my pitchers is have a terrible year in the last game I played. So freaking awesome.

But I do believe Madden 19 did a much better job with there presentation last year. They did at least talk about the last game you played and they did tell you if you had a Wr or Rb leading the league or close to the top on yards. The halftime show at least gave us a little look around the league. All of those things hopefully are a stepping stone to better preparation.

But we should never expect a major difference from year to year. It has always been baby steps for Madden. I wish Ea would get of there *** and really give us what we want but as long as the game play improves I think we will have a very good game with Madden 20.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #42
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Why is Madden the Only EA Sports Game Without an Official Broadcast Package?

Those who remember the original NFL 2k all the way to NFL 2k5, remember the two unknown generic announcers they had for years. Generic, but still solid and they could do so much if they could KEEP going with that generic crew yearly. Some guys want big names in the booth, but they are just limited because they're busy and when they had generic voices, that were pretty good I thought, you could continue to work with then make the broadcast presentation amazing in just a few years time . I was amazed how good the broadcast was on the original NFL 2k on the dreamcast. Again, no known commentators, but arguably, they did a better job than what EA could do because they couldn't constantly ask the old commentators to come back regularly to keep the presentation fresh.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Those who remember the original NFL 2k all the way to NFL 2k5, remember the two unknown generic announcers they had for years. Generic, but still solid and they could do so much if they could KEEP going with that generic crew yearly. Some guys want big names in the booth, but they are just limited because they're busy and when they had generic voices, that were pretty good I thought, you could continue to work with then make the broadcast presentation amazing in just a few years time . I was amazed how good the broadcast was on the original NFL 2k on the dreamcast. Again, no known commentators, but arguably, they did a better job than what EA could do because they couldn't constantly ask the old commentators to come back regularly to keep the presentation fresh.
I agree with you, they should have just regular guys, regular voice actors, instead of getting big names. But then this is Madden so even if they did you'd have people saying "Can you believe EA with all their money don't even have any real announcers for their Madden game??"

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincesVictims
So I am a huge Mlb the show guy but also love Madden just as much. These are the two games i play year round. So there is no way Madden will ever come close to the show with there presentation or commentary. The show does a amazing job on letting you know what is going on with stats and how players are doing throughout the year in every game you play. I mean they just told me one of my pitchers is have a terrible year in the last game I played. So freaking awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
That's what I want for Madden. Commentary needs to do a better job of stat tracking. I always felt like that CFM games felt like exhibition games. Where I feel it is geared towards H2H not solo. I want to hear that player X had a great game or a bad game. They have the scenario engime. They should incorporate commentary connected to it. That is how you build off of that scenario engine. It has to feel like it is more than glorified game goals.
Gaudin and Davis hace been able to record additional commentary throughout season. But yeah, I could care less about having real announcers. As long as the commentary flows nicely with flow of game, that is all that matters.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
That is essentially what Madden did with the new team. They were not generic actors, but they were not names. The primary benefit they had was being local and available all season long to add in more commentary, and fix old commentary. EA is doing the same with its NHL series now, too.

I think the this latest Madden team is as good or better than the old 2K guys. And as someone that plays primarily Play Now games, their updated commentary is pretty much what I always wanted in a sports game. Presentation-wise, Play Now games are now the best way to play Madden. And since MUT is essentially play now in all its modes, it carries over well to that, too.

Franchise, in all modes, is a long ways from being as dynamic as we want. But since consoles went to being nearly 100% online, it has allowed devs to update what used too be the most glaringly static part of the game.

I'm excited to hear the new NHL broadcast. I was bummed about Thorne leaving the NHL series, as he was good. The issues with NHL's commentary was not the voices, but the writing and the process they used. Emmert's style should have been an obvious poor fit, but he was also a huge name to add to the back of the box. I think grabbing local talent and taking more time with the feature will make for a much better experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #46
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I just think it's always a low priority for EA. Suck resources with very minimal returns on the bottom line. Would this bring in a new crowd of gamers or bring old Madden fans back? Probably unlikely at a clip that EA would like to see. Even the hardcore sim guys skip the presentation elements after a few times. EA is its own brand and doesn't seem interested in anyone elses for Madden.
This is kind of a catch-22. Most people start skipping the presentation elements because they're sloppily done and don't emulate real life very well. So EA takes that to mean that people aren't interested in them, so they don't put in any work to improve them, or in worst cases, remove them altogether.

Personally, I think the goal of every sports game should be to mimic what we see on TV. From camera cuts to watermarks to scorebugs, everything should be emulating a real-life broadcast. I understand if they can't get actual broadcast commentary teams in the studio as often as they want, and going with an in-house team makes sense for that, but the rest shouldn't be an issue.

Generic broadcast packages shouldn't be a thing anymore in 2019. EA Sports and the 2K Sports networks need to go away in favor of real network branding.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:34 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
This is kind of a catch-22. Most people start skipping the presentation elements because they're sloppily done and don't emulate real life very well. So EA takes that to mean that people aren't interested in them, so they don't put in any work to improve them, or in worst cases, remove them altogether.

Personally, I think the goal of every sports game should be to mimic what we see on TV. From camera cuts to watermarks to scorebugs, everything should be emulating a real-life broadcast. I understand if they can't get actual broadcast commentary teams in the studio as often as they want, and going with an in-house team makes sense for that, but the rest shouldn't be an issue.

Generic broadcast packages shouldn't be a thing anymore in 2019. EA Sports and the 2K Sports networks need to go away in favor of real network branding.
I understand if there is great presentation(nba2k) people may want to hear and see it all the time, but after a few times, I'm button pressing all the way through even with 2K. Some people have more time than others to watch all the presentation and cut scenes, and some don't.

And I also understand the presentation elements are limited in Madden.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #48
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

The more I think about it, the more a lack of presentation blog bothers me. If everything except of cut scenes not showing a coach everytime, the new scoreboard (which I like) and few other tweaks in Madden 20 is the same as in M19, especially game intros, it would be pretty disappointing.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »