Home

Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1?

This is a discussion on Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 03:09 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I understand where people like you are coming from with regards to saying let's try this out and see how it goes, this is just step one, etc., but that's just not where I am coming from and that explains why my disappointment in the feature is greater than yours.

All I see with Madden is a game that is marketed as a AAA title made by a AAA developer sold at a AAA price. All I do is take that information and hold the game to AAA standards. I don't care what EA's track record is. I won't ever lower my standards specifically for EA. As long as this is a AAA game made by a AAA developer sold at a AAA price I will always hold it to AAA standards. For me, their step 1 with the scenario does not meet AAA standards. That is why I am displeased with the implementation.

I truly understand where you are coming from and don't have a problem with your approach to this year's version of the scenario engine. I hope you can understand why I have the expectations I do and will only be disappointed in the implementation of the scenario engine even if it works out great for the users this year and is not done poorly in that regard.
I think both of us would be quite happy if Madden had a competitor. Cuz that’s really where we’re disagreeing. We both have the same feelings about the feature, but differ in our approach to voicing those feelings. Purchasing the competitor’s game would voice those feelings pretty strongly, haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #42
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in

It seems the only viable solution, canes, is to control all 32 teams.

Reading through this thread, though, it seems that the problem is the EA used to cater to NFL fans, but about a decade ago they started catering to guys who like to laugh with their homies while playing a video game that has NFL logos in it.

Somewhere along the way the Madden fanbase changed from diehard football fans to people new to football learning football from the game. If I recall correctly a couple people who’ve posted in this thread have said they experienced that. So what happens when the fanbase changes from NFL fans to casual people who watch the Super Bowl but otherwise only care about football as it pertains to the video game they and their homies like to play? You get a game that focuses entirely on the social and competiive aspect of the game and much less on the simulation of the NFL that it used to aim for.

Back when John Madden and Pat Summerall were feautured in the game, it was about emulating the NFL. Since there was so much less social connection with video games, the developers were allowed to focus on football. Now, due to the albatross of social media hybridization with video games, the game is all about emulating Call of Duty and Fortnight.

So now, because the target audience of the game would prefer laughing with their homies while playing rather than playing after getting hyped after reading the season preview for their favorite NFL team, the only way to play Franchise mode and have an experience that maximizes an NFL simulation experience is to control all 32 teams.

I don’t see this changing any time soon.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #43
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

*Fortnite, rather
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I never said anything to dispute that. I only called the implementation poor in my opinion and I view their addition of it this way as a band aid. I don't see what is unfair about that.
I can respect that you'd rather have the feature in fully vs just the user.

I just would rather have something better than nothing from a ask after the beta.

I didn't think it would be put in initially after the beta.

To each their own.

At very least, at least 5th year contracts are out in the open, now, and should be improved going forward.

I think we can agree on that one. lol

Is the game out, yet?lol

Last edited by roadman; 07-22-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #45
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
It will be Madden 2025 and the same people will give EA the benefit of the doubt while other companies with considerably less resources do more in the same amount of time.

Im in 100% agreement with Cane and while luckily it won't effect me I feel for people that will have a half hearted scenario engine that only effects 1 of 32 teams. If I was a single player guy I would prefer it wasn't there at all as well.
The only mode I play on Madden is single-player CFM franchise. It's all I've ever played since as long as I can remember.

I definitely would rather it be in as a user-only scenario than not at all. It kinda sucks that the CPU can't use it, but somehow I'll muddle through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #46
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Maybe I am in the minority but I am pretty thankful they didn't add the scenario engine to the cpu teams. The cpu has a hard enough time managing their roster as it is. Adding in potential scenarios like 5th year options for them at this point would be counterproductive. We has users have the ability to review our roster and cap situation and determine if player X should be cut so we can extend player Y. The cpu still doesn't have this logic built in, at least not that I have seen. So I would want improved roster management for the CPU way before I would care about them having the scenario engine.

Just my opinion though.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 1
Are fifth year options there for everyone on a rookie contract, or just users in QB1?

Quote:
I don't think my complaints with the addition would cause EA to be dissuaded from doing anything like it again. My complaints are that I love these types of additions... if they affect the entire league like they should. I'm all about having the scenario engine in the game and using it once it impacts the entire league and not just the User. This isn't some situation where EA can never win. I'd be right here applauding EA's efforts and propping them up if the scenario engine impacted every team, User or CPU. I'd be happy if the 5th-year options were being implemented in a better way.

My issues are not with what they are trying to add to CFM. My issues are with how they are implementing these additions.

I haven't been in this discussion, but I just had a thought that might be a potential workaround to get cpu teams to use it.

If we do 32 team control, then the scenario engine would be activated for every team, right?Theoretically, if we then set all of the franchise options for the other 31 teams to "cpu" instead of user, then won't that force the cpu to basically sim past the scenario, generating an outcome of some kind? Keep in mind, I didn't play the beta so I haven't seen the scenario engine in action, but my assumption would be that the cpu would then treat it as it does the "Big Decisions" section. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a thought...

Although, if nobody who has played the beta has thought of this already, then I'm probably way off the mark. Setting up 32 team control is a pain in the tukus, and is something we shouldn't have to do, but maybe it's worth a shot.

Edit: ForUntoOblivionSoar beat me to it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

Last edited by therealsmallville; 07-22-2019 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I can respect that you'd rather have the feature in fully vs just the user.

I just would rather have something better than nothing from a ask after the beta.

I didn't think it would be put in initially after the beta.

To each their own.

At very least, at least 5th year contracts are out in the open, now, and should be improved going forward.

I think we can agree on that one. lol

Is the game out, yet?lol

Just to chime in but I just don't agree with people saying that something is better than nothing.

And I'm not talking about JUST madden specifically. It goes for any video game, heck, even any product in general for consumers. But I don't see how (again, not talking about madden specifically) adding some half baked feature is better than having nothing.

Just my point of view. I'm okay with waiting for the next iteration if I know it'll be done properly by then.

Obviously madden can't please everyone and it makes most sense for them to go towards where the video game industry is at but at the same time CFM has been stale the last few years and I don't believe the scenario engine or the user only 5th year option is good enough to say it's an "upgrade".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »