Home

How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 09:20 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 20 Edition

Started off my Rams CFM 0-2, losing a soul numbing 5-6 game against the Panthers to open the season. Like Kuechly forced three fumbles on three consecutive drives, including my final drive where I was in field goal range.

Lost my second game to the Saints. Could not generate any offense at all.

After my second loss in a row I bumped the quarter length up from 6 minutes (20 accl clock) to 9 minutes (20 accl clock). The game was just flying by at 6 minutes and it felt like I had one possession per quarter, leading to some absolutely pitiful games.

After switching to 9 minute quarters I knocked off the Browns 24-14 on the road and then handled the Bucs 31-13 featuring a fumble return to the house by Aaron Donald.

I have had Todd Gurley for all of FOUR snaps throughout the four pre season games and four regular season games.

He dislocated his hip in pre season week 1 on his third carry. He returned in week 4 against the Bucs and lasted one carry for 7 yards which resulted in broken ribs, which was the opening play of the game.

I am not sure if this is some cruel joke by the devs, or just a string of bad luck. If it happens again he’s going to the block for draft picks. Had enough.

Luckily Henderson has been a reliable backup and I’ve got his OVR up to 73. However, his snaps played has been stuck at 42 out of 500. Not sure if this is a bug, or if I’m doing something wrong, but he’s been my starter for 8 total games and has more carries tracked than snaps played.

Got the divisional opener against the 2-2 Seahawks next. I’m sure Wagner is going to force at least four fumbles. The 49ers are currently 4-0 and the Cards are 3-0. Crazy start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 09:45 PM   #66
Rookie

StoneWallace17's Arena

OVR: 1

On hold because of the rookie dev trait glitching. 4 games and it still says 0 snaps played
Old 07-31-2019, 10:37 PM   #67
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

So, I planned to use the Bucs, but then started watching All or Nothing on Amazon Prime featuring the Panthers. Hopefully get Cam, whose one of my favorite players, a super bowl ring.

Playing on All-Pro using Armor and Sword's slider

Pre-Season:

Signed Eric Berry. I really felt like the secondary needed some leadership. Eric Reid is okay, but I can't rely on him to make every play.

Surprise Stars - NONE. The depth is my biggest focus in the off-season. Scarlett is heavily splitting time at 2nd string with Artis-Payne though.

I am at the Week 10 mark and boy has this team been fun!!

Record 10-0. I like to play a game then sim then play, just to encounter adversities.

Cam Newton - 1,855 Yards 147/201 13 TD 4 INT
29th in NFL Passing, 21st Passing TDs and 10th PAsser Rating
Christian McCaffrey 171 Attempts 945 Yards 5.5 Avg 9 TD
1st in everything!!
Cam Newton - 23 ATT 41 Yards 5 TD
Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 PM   #68
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Finally got back to .500 after beating the Bengals 32-31.

Now sitting at 5-5 w/ the Raiders. AB is just too damn good in this game. CPU QB continue to be nearly flawless against me. Can't tell if it's because the Raiders secondary is so bad or the sliders need to be tweaked. Can't wait for SABO's mod to come out to tweak the loose zones.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:56 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 2

Bears dominate the saints 44-29. It was big play after big play in this one. Allen Robinson had 4 catches for over 200 yards and 2 TDs. Trey Burton caught a 53 yard touch down pass. Trubisky threw for over 300 yards 3 TD and 1 INT. Drew Brees threw for over 400 yards 2TD and 1 INT but also had a fumble returned for a TD that changed the game. Mike Davis had 98 yards on the ground with 1 TD and rookie David Montgomery had 50+ yards and continues to impress in limited duty. Bears do suffer a major blow on defense as they lose Roquan Smith for 5 weeks who leads the team in tackles. Kwiatkowski who subbed in for Roquan had the INT off Brees. Khalil Mack just flat out dominate and should run away with defensive player of the year if he stays healthy. Onto the Chargers (2-5)

Sent from my SM-J737V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I introduced my new coach to the team and got into the off-season.

I love the adjustments to contract demands. That made re-signings and FA much more realistic.

I was unable to keep Hudson for financial reasons. He spurned my $11M/YR over 3 years offer, and his franchise tag was $14.3M, which I was unwilling to pay for a C. He is now a Jet, along with Osemele.

My FA was limited, due to cap constraints. My highest-rated signing was Emmanuel Ogbah, whom I signed to pair with Ferrell as my bookends. Both can rush and stop the run, so I'm hoping that helps improve my front-four play.

Other than that, I signed a couple of filler guys. I really want the rookie class from last year to play and develop, so I didn't want to block them.

I loved the new scaling for drafted players.

I nabbed a hidden development G @ 7, which was the Bears' pick. He came in as a 77, which is awesome for these new classes. He'll start right away as a replacement for the retired Incognito.

I then traded up from 32 to 13 to nab a coverage LB who came in as hidden dev and 74 OVR. He'll start right away and will help me transition into the 43 Cover 3 scheme I'll be running.

After that, I beat the draft true value-wise with my next several picks, which came in at 67-69. If you get guys within this range in the middle rounds, you're doing alright. I nabbed a G, a TE, and a FB in those spots.

My 6th and 7th rounds were a wash, as they should be.

After retirements and the departure of Hudson, my team OVR dipped from 75 to 72. We're basically entering a rebuilding phase.

I'd like to find a way to move on from Carr after this season, and the same for AB. There were no viable options in the draft or FA for replacements, so I'll deal with their contracts for one more year and then move on. I'm hoping the next draft has a larger stock of Improviser QBs--there were zero in my last class.

All in all, season one and post-season one were a blast. I'm looking forward to finally seeing Josh Jacobs's development trait, which wasn't revealed in year one because injury shortened his playing time.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Now 2-8 w/ MIA and down 28-3 at the half against CLE thanks to 3 1st OBJ TDs and a scoop and score by Myles Garrett...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2019, 09:09 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

2-9 w/ MIA

Madden NFL 20 8_1_2019 9_07_18 AM.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »