Home

Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #41
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 - Why Refs Were Removed, Equipment News (via SportsGamerOnline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
They really need to STOP removing things. Unreal what we football fans have to put up with in madden every year. Add to what you have, stop taking things out and reintroducing them as selling points for future games.

I get the sentiment, i really do. As a fifa fan that has 4 save slots in Fifa 19 compared to 10 in Fifa 17, I totally get that.

But in this case, the gameplay is sooooo smooth and they're saying that removing refs helped make that possible and that is 100% worth it to me. I know Mili said this earlier, but i can't think of a better way to say it- you couldn't pay me to play Madden 19 after playing 20, and i put over 500 hours into that game and I really enjoyed it. I do get people not wanting to spend the money, but i'm obsessed with football. I listen to 15 hours of football podcasts every week and watch football from 1:00-11:30pm every sunday during football season. If there's good, solid improvements then the game is worth it to me and this game is 100% worth it to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #42
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
Huge overhauls do happen year to year for sports games. Even Madden has overhauls every 1 to 2 years. Madden's problem is that the overhauls don't always get build upon the years after that. We've had locomotion, infinity engine, ignite, frostbite, real players motion, etc... That's a lot of overhauls. More than any other sports game that I can think of off the top of my head. And contrary to popular belief, Madden adds a lot of smaller features each year as well. But it's so "add 15, remove 10, add 12, remove 7" each and every year to the point where the game ends up feeling 'the same'. Unfortunately for most people, they won't have the glorious PC modders that will turn Madden into a simulation football game. They just have to trust EA's patching, which takes a helluva lot of trust lol
I really wouldn't call those huge overhauls more like fancy marketing besides Frostbite. When I used to buy 2K & MLB I didn't notice much either from yr to yr. Heck one yr MLB big thing was ball trajectories & better looking beards & hair. Not much that they took out from last yr that I noticed so far besides the refs this yr. Tackle battle, but I disabled that last yr.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-28-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:29 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I really wouldn't call those huge overhauls more like fancy marketing besides Frostbite. When I used to buy 2K & MLB I didn't notice much either from yr to yr. Heck one yr MLB big thing was ball trajectories & better looking beards & hair. Not much that they took out from last yr that I noticed so far besides the refs this yr. Tackle battle, but I disabled that last yr.
I can't speak for any game other than NBA2K and WWE2K, but they add big things every single year, though it's not always gameplay related. The neighborhood, create a player, create a team, player dna, myLeague, Play Now Online, myTeam, and myPlayer have all gone through huge changes just within the last three games. Madden just hasn't done anything like that outside of Longshot/FoF mode imo.

Having said that, Madden 20 is a solid game imo. They didn't remove as many things that were good additions in Madden 19, and they were able to add new things that are welcomed additions. Sure, I think they could've kept pass targeting from Madden 18 as an option and left referees and the walkup to the line in the game, but overall they took a whole step forward imo. Hopefully the new consoles eradicate the "lack of memory and resources" stuff that we've heard every year from EA and 2K year after year.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I get the sentiment, i really do. As a fifa fan that has 4 save slots in Fifa 19 compared to 10 in Fifa 17, I totally get that.

But in this case, the gameplay is sooooo smooth and they're saying that removing refs helped make that possible and that is 100% worth it to me. I know Mili said this earlier, but i can't think of a better way to say it- you couldn't pay me to play Madden 19 after playing 20, and i put over 500 hours into that game and I really enjoyed it. I do get people not wanting to spend the money, but i'm obsessed with football. I listen to 15 hours of football podcasts every week and watch football from 1:00-11:30pm every sunday during football season. If there's good, solid improvements then the game is worth it to me and this game is 100% worth it to me.
When did they say that removing the refs made the game smoother? I thought that only applied to the sidelines? I refuse to believe that removing the refs is the reason why Madden 20 feels so good. If it were that simple, they would've never had refs in the game to start with.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:13 PM   #45
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I can't speak for any game other than NBA2K and WWE2K, but they add big things every single year, though it's not always gameplay related. The neighborhood, create a player, create a team, player dna, myLeague, Play Now Online, myTeam, and myPlayer have all gone through huge changes just within the last three games. Madden just hasn't done anything like that outside of Longshot/FoF mode imo.

Having said that, Madden 20 is a solid game imo. They didn't remove as many things that were good additions in Madden 19, and they were able to add new things that are welcomed additions. Sure, I think they could've kept pass targeting from Madden 18 as an option and left referees and the walkup to the line in the game, but overall they took a whole step forward imo. Hopefully the new consoles eradicate the "lack of memory and resources" stuff that we've heard every year from EA and 2K year after year.
Agree, they did take a step forward, but they needed to take three steps forward for me. I get the anual loyal players who buy it every year, i do. But they are also kind of excuse makers.

DaReal Milticket is correct in the game play is much better so no argument from me. It is smooth and the run game is better which is big but what about everything else?

I was told EA has had Dueces blueprint and wanted to hire him as they liked what he did and we have nothing from his ideas added to this game. When i was complaining i was sorta brushed off like these things were coming(not like the poster worked for EA that said that) but they havent. Its been two years and nothing added, the presentation is untouched.

Dont get me wrong i had fun with 2019and sure i would with 2020 but its just not enough when considering what we lost over the years. However i will wait till the official release and comments from those playing to see if anything changes from now to then.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 07-28-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 04:39 PM   #46
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Thats your opinion & it's fine. I think it's far superior in every way from Madden 19 (my opinion). The run game is excellent on All Madden. I've only seen complaints on All pro, but I could never play on all pro default. Game is tuned on All Madden. Coverage issues they already said there going to be fixed & I've yet to notice any personally. I stay away from all the bug & just negative to be negative threads mostly.

If your looking for huge overhauls from yr to yr that doesn't exist in yearly sports games. Franchise is worth it for my money/time & I don't care about relocation.

I've playing the game since Wednesday & think it's great. 95% of gripes are going to be fixed by the PC modding community as far as gameplay in the near future.
Great but only what....maybe 10% of people play on PC?

And im not looking for huge overhauls but this game does need one. Its a shell of itself from 10 year ago though the gameplay in 2020 is very good now. Guess we can blame the NFL for a lot of it which brings us back to no competition never brings out the best in things.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #47
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Great but only what....maybe 10% of people play on PC?

And im not looking for huge overhauls but this game does need one. Its a shell of itself from 10 year ago though the gameplay in 2020 is very good now. Guess we can blame the NFL for a lot of it which brings us back to no competition never brings out the best in things.
Probably more than that actually, but maybe 10% get involved in modding. If anyone has a PC its a no brainer for Madden. I'm playing it now with no mods and enjoying it.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-28-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:40 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Off topic, younger people are exponentially more likely to want to watch videos than older people.

That's true, I hate watching videos, I'm 49

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »