Home

Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide

This is a discussion on Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-30-2019, 11:45 AM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
This would be interesting, but presents problems for AI. How is the computer going to determine who to play? They need some kind of metric to be able to make thst decision.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

They could still calculate the OVR "under the hood" for CPU decision making and for the sim engine if it helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 12:26 PM   #202
Just started!

Gonna do a Bills rebuild imagining that their current owner dies and I ship them off to London. In addition anyone over the age of 24 will be executed and by executed I mean traded away. I want a baby team. So this is my current roster

LT: Jordan Mailata (Age 22)
LG: Quenton Nelson (Age 23)
C: ?
RG: Martinas Rankin (Age 24)
RT: ?
QB: Josh Allen (Age 23)
HB: Saquon Barkley (Age 22)
WR1: John Ross III (Age 23)
WR2: DJ Chark (Age 23)
WR3: Juwann Winfree (Age 23)
WR4: Hakeem Butler (Age 23)
TE1: Temuchin Hodges (Age 24)
TE2: Bug Howard (Age 24)

LE: Maxx Crosby (Age 22)
DT: Ed Oliver (Age 21)
RE: Quinton Bell (Age 23)
LOLB: Shaquem Griffin (Age 24)
MLB1: Devin Bush (Age 21)
MLB2: Devin White (Age 21)
ROLB: Blake Cashman (Age 23)
SS: Juan Thornhill (Age 23)
FS: Montae Nicholson (Age 23)
CB1: D.J Reed (Age 22)
CB2: Troy Apke (Age 24)

The issues I would like help on is

1. More OLs, they don't have to be underrated but I doubt i can trade for many more highly rated players (at least 1 T and 1 G)
2. More S/CBs, I need way more depth here.
3. Special Teams, good K/P and KR/PR. I just kinda take whatever RN but a good kicker is really underrated.

Is it better to swap one of the Devins to OLB and keep Cashman as MLB or vice versa?
Old 10-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #203
Rookie

I want to second an earlier poster on Corey Grant being a great FA pickup. I like to use him for kick/punt returns and as a change of pace back running out of shotgun. I love seeing lineman and LBs wiffing when they try to tackle him. I also like to motion him out and cause mismatches for both LB and CBs. His only drawback is that he has bricks for hands.

I don't have his stats on me but ign has the following. I think is acceptable is actually higher

Name Team SPD ACC OVR
Corey Grant FA 96 90 75
Old 10-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #204
Rookie

Schibling's Arena

OVR: 1

Jaylen Samuels is my full back of choice. Move him there and make him my 3rd down back.

Green Bay Packers
Milwaukee Brewers
Philadelphia 76ers
Michigan State Spartans Basketball
Old 10-16-2019, 03:27 AM   #205
Rookie

I am in the process of doing a complete Raiders rebuild, moving them to London, and becoming the new coach. I stripped the team down of players that were 80+ and even some high 70's that I just didn't want anymore and turned them into players (MLB David White & CF Stephen Murphey-Bunting) and draft picks.

This team is pretty devoid of talent and I revamped the offense and defense to fit the players I had since W-L didn't matter to a tanking team. I decided to roll with Tyree Jackson as my QB in a Vertical Power Run scheme. I simulated all the games and while he didn't set the world on fire he posted good enough numbers to win ROY honors and the raiders with talent on the level of the Dolphins SOMEHOW went 6-10.

Distributing the ball to the "Awesome" collection of Marcell Ateman; who is good but obviously not a #1 WR, Zay Jones, Hunter Renfro, and TE Darren Waller and behind a garbage OL he tossed for 3.400 yards, 20TD 13INT, 69 comp%, and a RAT of 95.9. Considering his OVR ranks him as the 48th best QB in the NFL I think those are pretty good numbers.

I write this also to let all his Madden Cult fans know that he was just drafted into the XFL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #206
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgedMinnesotanBrie
Gonna do a Bills rebuild imagining that their current owner dies and I ship them off to London. In addition anyone over the age of 24 will be executed and by executed I mean traded away. I want a baby team. So this is my current roster

1. More OLs, they don't have to be underrated but I doubt i can trade for many more highly rated players (at least 1 T and 1 G)
3. Special Teams, good K/P and KR/PR. I just kinda take whatever RN but a good kicker is really underrated.

Is it better to swap one of the Devins to OLB and keep Cashman as MLB or vice versa?

First of all, keep your MLB tandem. It will be important especially in the sub packages. That way you keep your really good MLB on the field when your other one assumes the pass coverage responsibility.

For kicker I would suggest Slye. I think he is 23 and has a 99KPW and 80ACC. That should be good enough to make almost anything user. For CPU that accuracy might hurt him some.

KR/PR I would suggest RB: K. Muhammed. He's also a pretty good option for a 3rd down scat back.

Finding good OL is a trick. Don't know of any centers or tackles off the top of my head that fit your age requirement.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #207
Rookie

Also not sure what your overall limit is for these players but if you want some good OL here are some options:

RT: Orlando Brown: Baltimore Ravens; he is BIG, strong, and almost always a Pro Bowl choice.

RT: Braden Smith: Indianapolis Colts; another strong guy

C: James Daniels: Chicago Bears
C: Erik McCoy: New Orleans Saints
C: Frank Ragnow: Detroit Lions: Unlike the previous two with mid 80's STR, this guy has 93 STR

CB: Sean Murphy-Bunting: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
S: Josh Jones: (FA)

P: John Townsend: FA: He's got 95KPW and horrible accuracy, but even when the CPU uses him he will boom the kicks and coffin corner reasonably well. Don't see him kicking it out of bounds too often.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #208
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgedMinnesotanBrie

Not sure what it would take to get him but Buddha Baker is great, he got 7 picks and 5 sacks for me without usering him. Big playmaker at safety

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »