Home

Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide

This is a discussion on Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2019, 01:17 AM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 | Underrated Player Guide

Hey guys,

Newbie to Madden since about 2015 so will have excuse my inexperience. Loving this list and the work that has been done. I'm really late to the party but im looking to upgrade my CB's. Can anyone confirm with the new rosters that Stephen Denmark and DJ Reed are still reliable options. I currently have Kendall Sheffield as a back up. Any advice?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #210
Rookie

Troy Apke develops pretty well, traded for him in my Dolphins Franchise.

He started as a 66 i think and earned Star Dev and in year 3 is now a 76, great zone Safety (moved him to SS)
Old 10-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #211
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris_Celtic
Hey guys,

Newbie to Madden since about 2015 so will have excuse my inexperience. Loving this list and the work that has been done. I'm really late to the party but im looking to upgrade my CB's. Can anyone confirm with the new rosters that Stephen Denmark and DJ Reed are still reliable options. I currently have Kendall Sheffield as a back up. Any advice?

In a roster update a couple of versions ago Stephen Denmark lost his Star progression and is now just Normal. At a 60 OVR I just can't seem to find a spot to put him on the field. He may be able to convert over to a safety due to his size.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 10:03 PM   #212
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Chris board at olb is a great coverage type fast guy.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-17-2019, 10:06 PM   #213
Rookie

Cheers heaps for the replies everyone. Much appreciated! I'm starting a franchise with the Steelers (my team). Basically a whole rebuild focusing on youth. Similar to the Bills scenario posted by another user. I have been using this thread to scout Talent. I'm pretty sold on Tyree Jackson as the QB - does anyone he if still develops well with the roster update? I'm going to focus on the run game - probably a West Coast Power Run or Multiple Run Scheme.

These are some of the players I'm currently looking at and there positions.

QB - Tyree Jackson

HB James Connor/Ballage

FB - I need a good blocking fullback - I'm hoping and wondering if I could switch Ballage to this position. I plan to use Connor/Ballage heavily. Will have to check it out.

WR - Juju, Boykin, Butler, Hall and Debo Samuel

TE - I plan to use my TE as mainly a blocker.

Anyone have any recommendations for a primary blocking TE?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #214
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Parry Nickerson is a good underrated CB. He’s got like 95 speed and decent man coverage ratings. He can run with basically anyone. He’s young and can develop. He’s a FA but the Jags just signed him IRL so he’ll be on their roster soon I presume.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:05 PM   #215
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Parry Nickerson is a good underrated CB. He’s got like 95 speed and decent man coverage ratings. He can run with basically anyone. He’s young and can develop. He’s a FA but the Jags just signed him IRL so he’ll be on their roster soon I presume.

I usually pick up Parry for that very reason. I haven't played with him enough to see him really produce and in my current situation in a Base 4-3 my CB scheme is zone which he doesn't fit.

One guy I am seeing some positive results from is Ben Benikwere. His speed, agi, and acc are all in the high 80's and he doesn't look all that impressive based on that, but with my Dolphins fire sale team he is good enough to put in the slot and he performs not only in CPU vs CPU watch, but also in sim. I am going to keep my eyes on him for a bit to see if I can really recommend him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #216
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris_Celtic
Cheers heaps for the replies everyone. Much appreciated! I'm starting a franchise with the Steelers (my team). Basically a whole rebuild focusing on youth. Similar to the Bills scenario posted by another user. I have been using this thread to scout Talent. I'm pretty sold on Tyree Jackson as the QB - does anyone he if still develops well with the roster update? I'm going to focus on the run game - probably a West Coast Power Run or Multiple Run Scheme.

These are some of the players I'm currently looking at and there positions.

QB - Tyree Jackson

HB James Connor/Ballage

FB - I need a good blocking fullback - I'm hoping and wondering if I could switch Ballage to this position. I plan to use Connor/Ballage heavily. Will have to check it out.

WR - Juju, Boykin, Butler, Hall and Debo Samuel

TE - I plan to use my TE as mainly a blocker.

Anyone have any recommendations for a primary blocking TE?

I think your potential FB is already on your roster with Jaylen Samuels. He can do it all from that position, be your goal line/power back, catch out of the back field, and he can block.

As for Tyree Jackson he will post decent numbers in simulation. If you look at an earlier post of mine I showed you what he can do on a team completely devoid of any real pass catching options. If you CPU vs CPU with him his accuracy issues really show. He will miss wide open guys often. He'll toss a lot of picks as well at times. One thing he will do is take off and run and he uses this tool often. Sometimes he runs into problems when doing it and will run himself into a sack, other times he will take off and cruise for 20+ yards. You don't need a scheme with designed QB runs for him to do it either, it is just one of his traits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »