Home

Sacks are an issue on Madden 20?

This is a discussion on Sacks are an issue on Madden 20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2019, 11:51 PM   #81
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sacks are an issue on Madden 20?

Fumbles are just as much of an issue as sacks imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 12:18 AM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hopefully people read the whole post and not the first few lines.

Pass rush is good, "realistic" in terms of video games. But this cause too many sacks because the Root cause, is the QB AI. I think we all know that by now.

What EA needs to do is to get the QB AI to play more realistic, in order to avoid having 4sacks avg per game.

It can be done, they just need to really want to fix this. Because every now and then the QB AI do what they are suppose to do when rush.

But unfortunately we have this more often

That first clip you put up is pretty much exactly what I hope we can see more of with some tuning. Hope they don’t tune the pass rush at all, it makes the good pass rushers feel valuable like they are in real life and makes offense a lot harder than previous maddens, just hope they can tune the ai qbs to respond to it more like he did there
Old 08-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #83
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hopefully people read the whole post and not the first few lines.

Pass rush is good, "realistic" in terms of video games. But this cause too many sacks because the Root cause, is the QB AI. I think we all know that by now.

What EA needs to do is to get the QB AI to play more realistic, in order to avoid having 4sacks avg per game.

It can be done, they just need to really want to fix this. Because every now and then the QB AI do what they are suppose to do when rush.

But unfortunately we have this more often

Not only that it might help if we saw better play calling. Had Seahawks on their 1 yard line and called a blitz to get the safety. Seahawk run a play action pass. Couldn't have been easier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #84
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't know if there is a title for this issue, but here is a exchange between Clint and a Twitter account:

There are a couple major bugs (unsackable QB & kicking meter disappears)that I know many leagues are waiting to start for the patch to be released. Trying to see how long we need should to start leagues

I can’t comment on when our title updates drop. But I can say the QB thing you mentioned was addressed during an update during the access period.

I'm not sure if Unsackable QB is what you are showing/talking about.

Also, there are people on Twitter begging not to change the pass rush:

https://twitter.com/SmittyD1981/stat...08604228038658

Last edited by roadman; 08-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
What quarter lengths is everyone playing on? I'm on all pro 8 minutes. Thru week 14, Von Miller leads the league with 15 sacks. Khalil Mack has 12. Everything looks fine for me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I play 15

Sent from my SM-J737V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Not only that it might help if we saw better play calling. Had Seahawks on their 1 yard line and called a blitz to get the safety. Seahawk run a play action pass. Couldn't have been easier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Sounds realistic coming from the Seahawks lol

But for real, I'm fine with the pass rush. I'd be down for better playcalling from the CPU and better CPU QB play. Both of which have been big issues for years

I've gotten tons of sacks myself just because the cpu QB stays running backwards instead of simply throwing the ball away. Not sure I've even seen one throwaway this year

Old 08-08-2019, 08:02 PM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by squadron supreme
It needs to be looked at because there is really no way to double team or chip the defensive ends. You can slide the line put a tight end over on that side and have a back into block but it still results in a one on one matchup the vast majority of the time when the ball is snapped.

The only thing I can think that might change it is using the tight end check and release and just let him not get released into a route.
This really shines light on the issue. I love the introduction of X Factor players because it adds an additional layer of strategy to the game. However, we need to have counters in place to at least somewhat account for them. Even when I hot my TE to block or block and release and slide my protection towards his side, I do not get the triggered animation of both my tackle and TE doubling the DE. My TE ends up 1 on 1 with him and that's never gonna go well...

Having said that, I rarely take sacks because I get the ball out quick. However, playing as the Cowboys, Demarcus Lawerence, whom I do not user, is a beast.

I don't want the pass rush nerfed at all. I want to see the O line regarding both user and CPU be able to adjust in order to double team the X Factor rusher.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #88
Pro

I think another issue may be, why dont any offensive lineman have x factor abilities? Would that not help counter some at least?

I think some olineman just have regular superstar abilities

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »