Home

Sacks are an issue on Madden 20?

This is a discussion on Sacks are an issue on Madden 20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #89
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sacks are an issue on Madden 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Fumbles are just as much of an issue as sacks imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Agree.

but that is a completely different story. I think it even worst since that's a turnover, while sacks are a pain and hurt it won't change the outcome of the game as drastic as a turn over.

The problem is that EA keep saying their data shows less than 1fumble per game. Anyway this might need to go on a different thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Not only that it might help if we saw better play calling. Had Seahawks on their 1 yard line and called a blitz to get the safety. Seahawk run a play action pass. Couldn't have been easier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
I believe this is kinda a legacy issue, Many of the sacks i have happens when QB is inside the 10yds/Goal line and on vertical/curls. When they don't see anyone opened or rush they just freeze. I believe that playcalling logic will help a lot, but the root is still the QB Behavior, until they fix that, if they stand still or drop back, this will still happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know if there is a title for this issue, but here is a exchange between Clint and a Twitter account:

There are a couple major bugs (unsackable QB & kicking meter disappears)that I know many leagues are waiting to start for the patch to be released. Trying to see how long we need should to start leagues

I can’t comment on when our title updates drop. But I can say the QB thing you mentioned was addressed during an update during the access period.

I'm not sure if Unsackable QB is what you are showing/talking about.

Also, there are people on Twitter begging not to change the pass rush:

https://twitter.com/SmittyD1981/stat...08604228038658
I'm not asking for them to change the pass rush, i just want them to get less sacks, there are other ways to get the user to get less sacks without having to change the pass rush speed. Sacks numbers are not a correlation to pass rush, you may pass rush and disrupt the QB without having to sack him. Same the other way you can have 5 sacks but the 55 downs never get to the qb at all.

Note:I'm not sure why people are so happy with pass rush, i still don't like it, the Pocket is none exist and the QB very rarely step in the pocket. The LG/RG lose way to often compared to RT/LT. IRL most rushes come from the outside, in Madden is the other way. At the same time, the game award the player to keep dropping back instead of stepping in the pocket. That being said the pass rush speed is much better than last years, but that's all i can think of an improvement. QB are still way to immobile in the pocket.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
I play 15

Sent from my SM-J737V using Operation Sports mobile app

It's not about quarter length, its about Plays. If you combined 120play is ok. Sim stats are around 120-130 same as real nfl game 120-130. You can play 8 min without acc clock and get that number same as you can play 15 with 15acc clock and still get the same amount of plays. And all combination in between.

About sacks, it's not about leaders sacks, it about the whole defense. Go to team stats sort by Sacks and most probably your team will be top 5 or so no matter who they are.

Last edited by booker21; 08-08-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:01 AM   #90
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0

People need to learn how to use the tools given to them instead of crying for the game to be patched. Too many fumbles? Cover the ball. Too many sacks? Get the ball out quicker. I’m sacked 1-2 times at most during every game, online and offline, and maybe I see a fumble every 2-3 games. People want sim but cry and whine when they can’t handle it.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 08-09-2019, 01:13 AM   #91
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
People need to learn how to use the tools given to them instead of crying for the game to be patched. Too many fumbles? Cover the ball. Too many sacks? Get the ball out quicker. I’m sacked 1-2 times at most during every game, online and offline, and maybe I see a fumble every 2-3 games. People want sim but cry and whine when they can’t handle it.

This is true but only in head to head. I have a linebacker with enforcer ability and he forces 3-4 fumbles a game. There's no tool in the game to fix that. I can't make the CPU hold R1 and I cant make them run out of bounds. I ended the season with 33 forced fumbles which is just dumb and unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 01:39 AM   #92
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
and some people need to learn read

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21

Note: These sacks are my Defense, My team sacks by CPU Teammates, i don't control them. I'm saying this just to avoid those responses as "learn to pass or don't hold the ball to much etc".
I was the redskins.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:41 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Run Cover 2 Man as your main defense while having an X-Factor edge rusher and you'll quickly see how bad the sack problem is.

My friend and I just reached the playoffs of our online franchise. He's the Cowboys and I'm the Bears. We play on default All Pro. He went 14-2 and I was 13-3.

Khalil Mack led the league with 54.5 sacks without even stepping on the field in Week 17. I do not control him.

Demarcus Lawrence finished with 43.5 sacks from my friend. He does not control him.

There's a definite problem, here. My team finished with just shy of 100 sacks on the season and my friend was in the 80s.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:05 AM   #94
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

Khalis Mack is the new Sack machine with Bosa and broke every Sack - record in CFM easy. And fast QB's stopped scrambling.

Hope this will patched out fast. I'm not hardcore sim guy, but normal player statistics (No arcade tackle festival with overpowered players) would be nice and scrambling QB's.

Last edited by Fredette; 08-09-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:26 AM   #95
Rookie

I've pretty much only played User vs User exhibition match and haven't had a sack nor a fumble problem. I'd say we were averaging about 4 sack per games (both teams combined) and definitely less than a fumble per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #96
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
This is true but only in head to head. I have a linebacker with enforcer ability and he forces 3-4 fumbles a game. There's no tool in the game to fix that. I can't make the CPU hold R1 and I cant make them run out of bounds. I ended the season with 33 forced fumbles which is just dumb and unrealistic.
Turn the fumble slider down, not up. That causes less fumbles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »