Home

Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise Mode Details Coming Prior to Release

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise Mode Details Coming Prior to Release within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 12:39 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise

This change was for a particular voice that unfortunately once again dictates what the entire Madden gamer must adhere to.

To use the Beta that consisted of a small amount of gamers to decide to revert back before the game got into the mass for a much more clearer meta, again tells me there’s a catering to a select few voices and I would wager they’re mainly from the Tourney group.

If it was faulty or had a bug I can understand, but to revert it with no option based on a select few, is why Madden is the way it is at this point.

Still KING after many years as the least customizable sports game in the genre.
Some consistency there at least.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't you just go to settings on your Xbox and change right stick up to Y? Or is it just right click to Y up?
Old 07-11-2020, 04:57 AM   #11
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise

Still not buying whatsoever there will be any significant changes to Franchise.

He's already hedging his bets by saying they'll keep updating franchise once the game is released. I'm sure it'll just be new commentary like past years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 05:44 AM   #12
Rookie

A little sidestep here, but what if you upgrade to the NG version, and graphics aside, the game sucks? Can you revert back to the CG version?
I can't imagine the NG version will be the same as the CG version, but with a nicer coat of paint on top of it.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #13
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I don’t believe franchise will see any significant improvements.

Crazy how EA is basically taking Madden and making it a “live service” game. Those games basically release with very little content and have roadmaps that seem to be forever changing. Will madden end up being a good live service game like Destiny or a horrible one like Anthem?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #14
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I didn’t get to play the beta, so not sure how the difference would’ve felt for the truck stick, but speaking as someone who likes to have power backs and likes to truck stick, I was def upset at the initial change. There’s just something about using the stick specifically for that. It’s like you’re pushing your body forward and laying into someone. Just like the hitstick. This actually sort of mimics ‘real life’ momentum, imo.

And, I’m not sure how others play, but I’ve only hurdled about 5 times in the past 5 years, because hurdling is sort of an awkward timed thing that u don’t really see coming quickly, whereas a truck attempt is normally obvious as you’re about to run into a defender and u want to lower your shoulder into them. So, my ‘Y’ button on offense has rarely been touched, so I’d rather keep it that way.

I really wish they would remove spinning from the right stick as that happens too often by accident when trying to do multiple jukes.

I think the original scheme makes more sense. All of the stick moves were sort of momentum related. Juking left/right and trucking forward or back juking are all momentum changers. The buttons are more for specific situation finesse moves by a running back. It makes perfectly fine sense to press a button to specifically spin or hurdle or dive. I’m glad they reverted. I don’t think I would’ve been happy pressing a button to truck every play. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #15
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I don’t believe franchise will see any significant improvements.

Crazy how EA is basically taking Madden and making it a “live service” game. Those games basically release with very little content and have roadmaps that seem to be forever changing. Will madden end up being a good live service game like Destiny or a horrible one like Anthem?

I'm a bit surprised they didn't go to that format years ago. I'd rather pay a yearly subscription price than have to buy a new game every year. It also allows the developer team to continually improve the game without having to release a new game every cycle.

I'd love for them to go to that format. I think it can free up the development team more and maintain a consistent improvement roadmap for all features of the game. Each year would be the new rosters with new rookies.

The drawback is we would lose the ability to have a snapshot of a Madden game in time like we currently do with the yearly release cycle.

And then there is franchise mode which has been left in the dust and it still looks bleak to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #16
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
A little sidestep here, but what if you upgrade to the NG version, and graphics aside, the game sucks? Can you revert back to the CG version?
I can't imagine the NG version will be the same as the CG version, but with a nicer coat of paint on top of it.
They're two different games, so yes you'd be able to play both, since they're referring to it as dual entitlement and not an upgrade program, no reason to think you would lose access to the original.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »