Home

Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise Mode Details Coming Prior to Release

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise Mode Details Coming Prior to Release within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 02:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
They're two different games, so yes you'd be able to play both, since they're referring to it as dual entitlement and not an upgrade program, no reason to think you would lose access to the original.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Are you sure? I thought it was pure speculation but most seem to think it’s a port of X1/PS4 for next gen. And if that’s the case, Microsoft has stated that you get upgraded to the best possible version. They don’t say anything about staying on the original version.

I think the question you’re replying to is an interesting one. I want to say there has been a couple Maddens where the last gen was a better experience than the initial release on the next gen.

I’m confused by the whole cross gen/smart delivery marketing?
Old 07-11-2020, 03:35 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 21 Reverting Truck Stick Controls After Beta Feedback, More Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Are you sure? I thought it was pure speculation but most seem to think it’s a port of X1/PS4 for next gen. And if that’s the case, Microsoft has stated that you get upgraded to the best possible version. They don’t say anything about staying on the original version.

I think the question you’re replying to is an interesting one. I want to say there has been a couple Maddens where the last gen was a better experience than the initial release on the next gen.

I’m confused by the whole cross gen/smart delivery marketing?
It is a port, but they are still two different games. If you buy Madden 21 for the Xbox One, then when you get the new Xbox you will have the ability to download Madden 21 for that console for free. You can always return to your Xbox One if that's the version you want to play.

Smart delivery is rather straight forward. You buy a game on the Xbox One and you have access to that game on the new Xbox. It doesn't take your Xbox One copy away from you, you just get the next gen version of the game for free.

― Plato
Old 07-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
For a person that’s been using the truck stick for 15 years the change was very jarring for me. I would be fine if there was an option but I so rarely use hurdle it might as well not even be in the game*
Old 07-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I think people want to somehow have the possibility of playing the unaltered last gen version on the next gen console, but I'm 99% sure that isn't going to be possible.

My guess is that they won't talk about the new Franchise details until mid August. Another one or two #FixFranchise trends should rightfully happen again if they wait that long. If Graddy does any more interviews every interviewer should ask several questions about it, but they may not because they will probably be afraid of losing access in the future.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:28 PM   #21
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I didn't mind the truck stick change, but did anyone else struggle with L2 now being the high-step/celebration button? I fumbled like 5 times because I pressed that instinctively while trying to juke, and doing a high step instead.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think people want to somehow have the possibility of playing the unaltered last gen version on the next gen console, but I'm 99% sure that isn't going to be possible.

My guess is that they won't talk about the new Franchise details until mid August. Another one or two #FixFranchise trends should rightfully happen again if they wait that long. If Graddy does any more interviews every interviewer should ask several questions about it, but they may not because they will probably be afraid of losing access in the future.
All the Maddens on Xbox One should be compatible to play on the Series X. Should be the case with the PS5 but they've hedged a bit on compatibility so wouldn't assume.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #23
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It is a port, but they are still two different games. If you buy Madden 21 for the Xbox One, then when you get the new Xbox you will have the ability to download Madden 21 for that console for free. You can always return to your Xbox One if that's the version you want to play.

Smart delivery is rather straight forward. You buy a game on the Xbox One and you have access to that game on the new Xbox. It doesn't take your Xbox One copy away from you, you just get the next gen version of the game for free.
I’m pretty sure if you upgrade your digital current gen version to next gen, there is no going back. I’ll try to find a source but it makes sense, EA isn’t giving you 2 games for the price of one.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #24
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I’m pretty sure if you upgrade your digital current gen version to next gen, there is no going back. I’ll try to find a source but it makes sense, EA isn’t giving you 2 games for the price of one.
I think that's exactly what they're doing (2 games for 1). It's called dual entitlement for a reason, not a trade in program.

edit: from the terms...
If you buy a digital copy of Madden NFL 21 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, your copy of Madden NFL 21 on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X will be bundled with the PlayStation 4 copy, and you’ll be able to download and play Madden NFL 21 from the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store at no extra cost once it releases later this year.
https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ement-info-faq

Same goes for the physical edition, you'll just need the disc in the drive to play the next gen version (that's your DRM).

Last edited by mestevo; 07-11-2020 at 06:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »