Home

EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on EA Provides More Details & Commitments to Madden NFL 21 & Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: New Madden NFL 21 franchise mode update

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer, but most of those aren’t features or anything that shouldn’t already be there. Tweaking retirement logic, draft logic, stat pages, etc. those are tuning items that we get every year. Every single year it talks about that.

The problem with franchise isn’t tuning, it’s missing features. Coach carousel, relocation, rule changes, player personality, etc.

To me, that list reads as behind the scenes logic tweaking and improvement, which he’s, would improve franchise. But those aren’t the major pain points that impact immersion.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
However, the major pain points didn't have enough time for implementation for Madden 21.

Were people really expecting major pain points to be put in the game in a month or less?
Old 08-03-2020, 07:20 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 0

Can finally see what team a guy played for. Cool. All we can do is stay on them to try and continue to push things forward
Old 08-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #75
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Two things I would love is expansion and start in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #76
MVP

EA better give me what Deuce Douglas proposed to color me impressed. They have a lot to make up for.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #77
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Whatever updates we end up getting in Madden 21, I really hope those updates don't require a new game save to use into the mode. The way the addition of new X-Factors into Franchise was handled in Madden 20 was a debacle. I do not want to have to restart my online league again, and I don't think my expecting no disruption is an unreasonable expectation. Beyond that, as an online franchise player who always plays franchise with my friends, I welcome basically every single idea presented here.

I do remain concerned for solo franchise players. In my opinion, while solo players will certainly benefit from what's here as well (especially with respect to expanding game mechanics), none of the stuff presented is going to do a whole lot to liven up the rather dry single-player experience of the mode. Madden franchise doesn't do a good job of dynamic story telling, and none of these changes will do much to address that.

CM or anyone with programming background.. explain why scenario Engine update is being pushed to M22..? Since it was Introduced M20..why isn’t it being build upon this year? Is it due to new console?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #78
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

"CAREERS STATS UI - Improved UI showing historical player performances. More immersion and depth on how players have progressed in your Franchise."

Not really sure what this could mean but it sounds interesting. I wish the blog wasn't so vague.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
However, the major pain points didn't have enough time for implementation for Madden 21.

Were people really expecting major pain points to be put in the game in a month or less?
I wasn't expecting anything more than what we are getting for 21, but I was definitely expecting more for 22. The list of improvements is fluid, I get that, but I expected a bit more to be in the potential roadmap if franchise mode was going to become a major focus.

Part of that is my own fault, though. Why would I expect anything more from a series that is notorious for adding so little each year? Obviously they were never going to add as much as other games add and I should have expected that. Still, I can't read that blog and not be disappointed, or at least sad. It drives it home that EA is truly lost and does not really have a real idea on how to give the fans the franchise mode they want and I'm not sure what is the cause of the series feeling so lost, but something is really wrong with Madden on the franchise side of things.

― Plato
Old 08-03-2020, 08:10 PM   #80
Rookie

Saying that big changes will take time and planning and can't be added this year means that they weren't doing ANYTHING before the crap hit the fan.

Yet he still says that Franchise is critically important and that they're all franchise buffs. RIIIIIIGHT. How can anyone actually not laugh derisively when reading that?!

Also, crawling slowly towards what Franchise used to be in, say, 2007 is nothing to be proud of. Come to think of it, it will be nowhere NEAR as robust as it was in 2007 (ps2, that is).

This is the clincher for me. I will NOT purchase this year. Not that it will matter, since EA will continue to reap tens of millions from MUT lemmings.

And if SDS doesn't get THEIR franchise crap together, the Show's a no-buy for me next year, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »