Home

Washington Football Team

This is a discussion on Washington Football Team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Washington Football Team

Let's just wait for Snyder to sell the team and let the new owners decide. Regardless of the name, Snyder has to go.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:53 PM   #18
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Let's just wait for Snyder to sell the team and let the new owners decide. Regardless of the name, Snyder has to go.
If only ......
Old 08-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #19
Rookie

packers96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
I would go with warriors or red tails. Part of the reason I didn’t buy 21 is because I still like the old team name and playoff system. I guess it will take me a little more time to get used to it.
I'm not trying to take advantage of your idea but I also thought of the name "Warriors" and also because the current emblem is the letter "W".
Old 08-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #20
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I always thought they should lean into the pig theme that their fans had for a while. The Warthogs has good alliteration and the Pigskins keeps a little bit of the name.

Also from a fan of a team that had to dump a racist mascot - you'll get over it quickly
Old 08-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #21
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
I would go with warriors or red tails. Part of the reason I didn’t buy 21 is because I still like the old team name and playoff system. I guess it will take me a little more time to get used to it.
If you wanna keep the Redskins name in Madden 21 just buy a disc copy and don't update it. Of course you're gonna have to deal with a buggy mess but if its that important there you go.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 07:53 PM   #22
MVP

What I find sad about Washington losing the face logo is that it was designed by Walter Wetzel a Blackfoot who fought for native rights. The logo was never meant to be offensive, but instead serve as a symbol of pride among the indigenous tribes. Wetzel's family is quite upset with the removal of the logo.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:25 PM   #23
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
What I find sad about Washington losing the face logo is that it was designed by Walter Wetzel a Blackfoot who fought for native rights. The logo was never meant to be offensive, but instead serve as a symbol of pride among the indigenous tribes. Wetzel's family is quite upset with the removal of the logo.

Many native Americans/ indians are i believe but the name change was never merely a PC thing or it would have gone long ago .... it was forced by minority owners using financial and PR means ( WP articles etc) who have ulterior motives .... attempting to get Snyder to sell or the other owners in the NFL to force his hand
Old 08-30-2020, 10:47 PM   #24
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I don’t think anything was wrong with the logo. That’s the sad part of the Washington franchise organization is they (and by they I mean Snyder family) have zero idea on how to engage the community and the Native American Indian tribal affiliations to come to a common ground. The logo was fine and wetzl could have lived in just fine, all Snyder had to do was find a better identity for that logo than “redskins”. The real winner could have been Washington “adopting” a tribal affiliation and using their names and culture as part of the rebranding and contribute a nice percentage of the income to the tribal advancement of that affiliation. Great public outreach and message of making a difference on and off the field. But alas, Snyder And his goons are bit by the bug, that once infected, drains all common sense and decency from a man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »