Home

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Updates Scheduled to Arrive in Mid-November (First of 3 Updates)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Franchise Updates Scheduled to Arrive in Mid-November (First of 3 Updates) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #25
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Latest Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I don't to overreact here but, mid november? And out of what was listed which will be in this mid november update? If this is the first update when are updates two and three going to be out? I get they want madden as a live service but if you're going to make a live service game, then why I am spending 60 bucks to play something with features I won't have access to for close to 3 months after launch.

I know some people are enjoying the game and I would not want to take that enjoyment from them but this just keeps pushing me from caring about playing madden.
Welcome to gaming in 2020. Most games are live services now with roadmaps.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #26
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

A reminder to folks that Madden's biggest selling season post launch week is genrally Thanksgiving/Christmas window. This goes for multiple sports games. Plus, next-gen should be around then.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #27
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

We've waited 8 -9 years to have franchise get some major focus again. Whats 2 more months?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #28
Rookie

Per one of the Good Morning Madden shows earlier this week, the hosts noted that they would be releasing this Franchise roadmap next week. I think the patch notes on Monday said the same or similar.

EA Sports is clearly in a full-court press of publicity this week. Patch notes 10 days early. Free codes all over Twitter. Today’s vague press release. And now this Franchise news earlier than they were indicating just days ago. Was it because of yet another new hashtag today? I really have never seen this heavy of a PR push from the Madden team in the week after release.

I haven’t even gotten to looking at the franchise news itself yet.

Edit: November? Lol, ok. They better have those playoff/super bowl presentation updates before the playoffs actually begin.

As long as they are able to get staff management in next year, I’ll be satisfied. Still not planning on buying this year. M20 modded in PC is good enough for what I need. Whether I buy 22 or not depends on if they keep their word on staff management.

Last edited by YabaDaba; 09-03-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:33 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
We've waited 8 -9 years to have franchise get some major focus again. Whats 2 more months?

This is major focus?
Old 09-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #30
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hshaw810
This is major focus?
Maybe not in most peoples eyes but ea hasnt put any focus in cfm for 4 years at all. I would say them adding in a commited timelime and updates for cfm is major for them.

Is it enough to save face? time will tell.

Heck im just happy to see career teams on the stat page included... lol.

The bar is pretty low.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

None of those things that were announced really move the needle for me in Franchise. I guess they are nice to have, but they just don't amount to much. They aren't going to make Franchise feel new or fresh or play any differently. They are just kind of cosmetic in nature, other than the customization of the abilities.

I mean am I really supposed to get that excited about them adding a screen the pops up with no real context and probably no other dialog that shows the playoffs teams and then likely goes away forever until next season?

Also, all that stuff can't possibly take that much time to code. They are clearly just finding things they can squeeze in with some extra development hours.

I agree with whoever else said they are adding them in time for Next-Gen as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 05:02 PM   #32
MVP

The fact that we went almost a decade without such basic information being on player cards is pretty embarrassing (especially since team names were already on Main Menu player cards), but I'll be very happy to have all of that back.

I really hope we're allowed to edit Superstar abilities and X-Factors via the Main Menu as well. But, everything I've read so far makes it seem like that will only be possible within Franchise.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »