Home

Is this the year we finally get a Carousel?

This is a discussion on Is this the year we finally get a Carousel? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2021, 08:26 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Is this the year we finally get a Carousel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
This 1000%. I'm fine with fake coordinators if you can't get the real ones as long as they are editable and their attribute bonuses are editable(IE + 5 Pass Blocking) just like Superstar X Factors are, it can work. Along side this I'd like to see Create A Coach added where we can create coaches that would appear as Free Agents in the offseason. Being able to create Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule, Jim Harbaugh or a HOF Coach like Joe Gibbs, John Madden, unofficially put Bill Belichick in the game lol.

I didn't buy Madden 21 and carrying on with my real life CFM that got thrown a loop due to all the roster rule changes but with 17 games coming on the horizon, I'll probably only be able to keep my real CFM on Madden 20 going for one more year if the NFL delays 17 games until 2022. So hopefully Madden 22 gives me a reason to move on and start a new real life CFM on there.
How many people will complain if someone like Ed Donnell and Pete Carmichael isn't in the game. If you aren't a fan of those teams, you wouldn't know that was the Denver DC and the Saints OC. Which is the point that it wouldn't be a big deal if we had fictional coordinators. If we had the ability to edit them, I don't think there would be any ligation issues as long as you can't replicate their likeness.

I want to want to buy Madden. I'm a bigger football fan than other sports. I would be more interested in doing a full franchise mode than I would with NBA 2k. But with Madden, I'm not forcing myself too. I wanted to buy Madden since M18, but every year it's not enough for me to warrant a purchase. With this being the first full year of development for the new generation, Madden 22 will have higher expectations. This is the year they need to have a foundation to build the rest of the generation on. Madden 21 current gen felt like a game you could truly say it was a .5 game. Outside of the Yard and FoTF, you could say it was Madden 20.5. I didn't have a problem with that because it was the last major year for the previous gen. But outside of the overall feel, Madden 21 next gen was a prettier version of current gen. I didn't even bother renting Madden at all this year. Least last several years I rented it for a month or so. I want to have the desire to buy Madden 22. Sports games are games I can spend the whole year playing if it is good enough. I'm not the biggest BBall fan, but I can get a good 5-6 months out of NBA 2k because it is good enough

If we're talking about Coach Carousel, I always wondered if we would ever get a GM mode for Madden. I think a GM mode would be great for a football fan. I would have more interest in a GM mode than a Owner mode. It would be cool to hire a HC/staff. Hire a full scouting staff and delegate responsibilities. Have a mini front office staff. A GM mode would be a good experience in Madden if done right
Old 02-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Not a chance. Franchise will essentially be the same with about 80% or less of thst of things they said they’d put in. In addition, something we like will be removed, just like calling of edited names was removed (along with adding a ludicrous word filter).

Here is the bottom line: in order to get the football game we want, we’re going to have to start funding one of these independent studios so they can hire quality animators, designers and programmers familiar with sports game engines. And pray that they allow maximum customization.
That’s not even necessary. 2K already has the resources. For the life of me I don’t understand why they think gamers want arcade football with real players as opposed to franchise football with generic players.

When I think of non sim game, it’s either going to be an NFL blitz kind of game or The Yard king of game. Either way, it’s stupid and I’m not touching it
Old 02-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
That’s not even necessary. 2K already has the resources. For the life of me I don’t understand why they think gamers want arcade football with real players as opposed to franchise football with generic players.

When I think of non sim game, it’s either going to be an NFL blitz kind of game or The Yard king of game. Either way, it’s stupid and I’m not touching it
Because sales show that the casual crowd much prefers real players over generic players.

People here on OS may be absolutely fine with generic rosters if it meant they got the most authentic experience on the field with a deep franchise mode. The average person that makes up the bulk of EAs sales would rather have Patrick Mahomes in their game throwing for 400 yards each time they play.

If generic sports games would sell as well as some OS think they would, then those games would be getting made as well. Those games don't get made for a reason, the money isn't seen to be there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 02-25-2021, 11:45 AM   #20
Rookie

Sadly I fully expect EA NCAA football to be a complete shell of its former self, and I don't expect Madden to get a Carousel because EA wont even put Coordinators into the game to begin with. That would involve effort in something that they can't monetize and that's not going to happen.

If they could give us a decent creation system and just give us generic coordinators that we could edit that would be something at least.

Last edited by webbjay82; 02-25-2021 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added more to it.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:16 AM   #21
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Because sales show that the casual crowd much prefers real players over generic players.

People here on OS may be absolutely fine with generic rosters if it meant they got the most authentic experience on the field with a deep franchise mode. The average person that makes up the bulk of EAs sales would rather have Patrick Mahomes in their game throwing for 400 yards each time they play.

If generic sports games would sell as well as some OS think they would, then those games would be getting made as well. Those games don't get made for a reason, the money isn't seen to be there.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:

On the surface that makes sense. But look at what we are talking about:

Canuck Play-- They tried. They just don't have the resources to make a solid game
Backbreaker-- I don't know who signed off on the player models that look like robots
APF-- No franchise mode.

2k has the resources. I am willing to bet my life savings of $104.86 that 2ks "Non sim" game is not going to be a hit. Non sim can be anything between NFL Head Coach and NFL Blitz. Is that the game you REALLY want to play?
Old 03-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It's definitely being teased now. If the feature was always planned, this year or next make the most sense when looking at the broader picture.

― Plato
Old 03-03-2021, 02:14 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
It's definitely being teased now. If the feature was always planned, this year or next make the most sense when looking at the broader picture.

It would make sense. It's a feature that has most likely has been on the top of community requests for years. But, they wanted to focus on Longshot and FoTF the last 4 years. So the main community requests they focused on for franchise were ones that could be realistically implemented in a cycle or two that didn't take away from Longshot and FoTF.
Going by that picture, it looks to be fictional coordinators. Which I have ZERO issues with. They aren't apart of the coaches association and unless they were all apart of a single entity that could be negotiated with, there isn't a huge need to have real coaches where you had to individually negotiate with every one.

Last edited by illwill10; 03-03-2021 at 02:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »