Home

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2021, 08:40 PM   #57
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details

Even though I didn't buy Madden 21, I wanted to check out what was going to be in these Franchise Mode updates throughout the year. Hopefully they continue this route in Madden 22 but get the patches out sooner, like Franchise Mode Update 1 will be a Day 1 patch in August with two other updates in October & December just as we get to make or break time for the playoffs.

Very odd how they said they tuned it where it will cost way more picks and players for stars but didn't mention expanding the number of trade slots. It should at least be 7 trade slots which should be enough to account for the real life trades with the star players we see. Also nice little tease with the coaching carousel in the background, I hope these are editable coaches so those who want the real coordinators can change the names to reflect. With 17 games on the horizon, I hope EA gives me a reason to upgrade to Madden 22 but am worried following what we have seen with MLB The Show and NBA2K, that EA would put the Franchise Mode improvements specifically Coaching Carousel as a Next Gen exclusive.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 03-03-2021 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #58
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Mode Update (3 of 3) Arrives on March 4 - Full Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It hasn't been talked about here at all, but EA seems to have undergone a philosophical shift in the last several months. The decision to let Bioware remove the multiplayer aspect from Dragon Age and just be a single player game was huge, and the statements from the CSO in several articles a few days ago were quite interesting, some excerpts:

Now we know that MUT isn't going anywhere of course, but IMO a heavy investment in Franchise mode starting with 22 and then continuing every year without a year being skipped would show this to not just be PR speak.
This would be a godsend, but I just don’t feel comfortable holding my breath waiting.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:39 PM   #59
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Looks like I can finally start a CFM this weekend!
Old 03-03-2021, 11:01 PM   #60
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm just guessing of course, but I imagine that the UI work and all the additional logic needed to add more than 3 trade slots for this year would have been too time intensive to do for M21.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:06 PM   #61
Banned

ManyFacedMod's Arena

I’m looking forward to starting a new franchise.

I hope this talk of EA doing more for offline franchise for next year’s Madden is really true. For the love of God and the Spaghetti Monster, please do something about the 3 lame uniforms per city when relocating - which have not changed since 2012... 2012!

It’s hard to believe they will start improving and updating franchise mode after a decade of neglect on EA’s part. We’ll see.

Anywho... nice patch tho!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2021, 01:12 AM   #62
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I hope all works as said. And it might be a game to hold us over til M22. I hope this patch wrks and doesn't mess up something gameplay related. If these patches wrk this will hold us over..
Old 03-04-2021, 01:57 AM   #63
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Must be really frustrating to learn that people are capable of thinking for themselves.

Quite the opposite. I've seen it constantly getting trashed. I just wanted to know if people were still actually playing. Swing and a miss with the snark...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 03-04-2021, 02:15 AM   #64
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
Quite the opposite. I've seen it constantly getting trashed. I just wanted to know if people were still actually playing. Swing and a miss with the snark...
Its a game a lot of people trash but even more play. Its the only NFL game which helps. It has its moments but you have to find fun in this game sometimes but there's some really talented slider makers and roster makers that make it pretty fun sometimes. But it's definitely not lived up to its potential much less its namesake in recent years especially where franchise is concerned.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »