Home

Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Gridiron Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Gridiron Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2021, 12:09 PM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Gridiron Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Nope, nope, nope... but buying it. Here is my biggest issue with below. When you play Madden 21, every game you will get a "boost" for, say, calling cover 2 defense or against inside runs or whatever.

But when you are actually playing the game, do you really FEEL that boost? I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I don't. This seems, to me, a bit cosmetic. It's a nice in concept but when you are actually playing the game, you're really not going to FEEL this concept.

Sorry that I am always the negative one, but I am very suspicious about this.

"The Offensive Gameplan would be very similar to the Defensive Gameplan in how it looks and how it is set up. However, instead of looking for a way to slow down an opponent’s strength as you did for your Defensive Gameplan, you can look to choose a focus and attack an area that is more susceptible. For example, one of the Offensive focuses is Run Inside, and when you look at the Bucs’ defensive stats from last year for this, you will see that they were excellent at stopping the inside run. Because of that, you would want to shift your focus onto something that they are not as effective against. Their team stats can also help point us in a good direction by informing us that they were among the league’s best in sacking the quarterback, but they were below average in pass yards allowed. With that in mind, we can key on the Throw It Short Gameplan Focus to get the ball out of your quarterback’s hands quickly to slow down their defensive pass rush.

The Offensive Gameplan Focuses are:

Run Inside
Run Outside
Throw It short
Throw It medium
Throw It Deep
Blitz Counter"

I’m not sure how to measure all of that myself honestly, but I will say based on the beta, that you definitely can feel the momentum and home field advantage which to me is more important than some random ratings “boosts”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2021, 12:41 PM   #10
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Glad to see regression has some tuning and has more variables now. If i had to guess there might be a coach skill where you can revert regression for a player or reduce the impact of it so we could theoretically see higher rated older players such as Larry Fitzgerald or even a Tom Brady.

All in all its good stuff but the part I liked the best is that last gen gets everything except for individual breakdowns from next gen stats but it's not a deal breaker at all. Hopefully gameplay has seen some love for us last gen folks and I think it'll be a very enjoyable year of Madden for me.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2021, 12:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Nope, nope, nope... but buying it. Here is my biggest issue with below. When you play Madden 21, every game you will get a "boost" for, say, calling cover 2 defense or against inside runs or whatever.

But when you are actually playing the game, do you really FEEL that boost? I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I don't. This seems, to me, a bit cosmetic. It's a nice in concept but when you are actually playing the game, you're really not going to FEEL this concept.

Sorry that I am always the negative one, but I am very suspicious about this.

"The Offensive Gameplan would be very similar to the Defensive Gameplan in how it looks and how it is set up. However, instead of looking for a way to slow down an opponent’s strength as you did for your Defensive Gameplan, you can look to choose a focus and attack an area that is more susceptible. For example, one of the Offensive focuses is Run Inside, and when you look at the Bucs’ defensive stats from last year for this, you will see that they were excellent at stopping the inside run. Because of that, you would want to shift your focus onto something that they are not as effective against. Their team stats can also help point us in a good direction by informing us that they were among the league’s best in sacking the quarterback, but they were below average in pass yards allowed. With that in mind, we can key on the Throw It Short Gameplan Focus to get the ball out of your quarterback’s hands quickly to slow down their defensive pass rush.

The Offensive Gameplan Focuses are:

Run Inside
Run Outside
Throw It short
Throw It medium
Throw It Deep
Blitz Counter"
I got the same feeling as JP. It did seem to have an impact. It is also different form last years gameplanning in the fact depending on what your focus is it can have a negative impact in other areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Glad to see regression has some tuning and has more variables now. If i had to guess there might be a coach skill where you can revert regression for a player or reduce the impact of it so we could theoretically see higher rated older players such as Larry Fitzgerald or even a Tom Brady.

All in all its good stuff but the part I liked the best is that last gen gets everything except for individual breakdowns from next gen stats but it's not a deal breaker at all. Hopefully gameplay has seen some love for us last gen folks and I think it'll be a very enjoyable year of Madden for me.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
There definitely are regression skills in the coaching tree, it was mentioned in one of the podcast.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Operation Sports mobile app

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

It was nice to see that we will be able to hire HCs to Coordinators and vice-versa, even if it's only in one specific off-season phase. I know a fair amount of people, myself included, were concerned about that!
Old 06-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #14
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Since Scouting is a significant structural overhaul and fundamental piece of the Franchise experience, there will be a Live Service update targeted for September. This will require players to restart their Franchise in Madden NFL 22 after downloading the Title Update.
ugh, that's ugly any way you slice it.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:53 PM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
A lot to look forward to digging into this year.

Something about the staff stuff still feels like a placeholder to me, probably from my hope that the feature will be replaced by something bigger in 23 when they're also shipping a college game.
It seems like a starting point. I don't think it will be removed, but maybe they'll add some scheme related stuff and have a CPU team snipe your coordinators if you develop them too much (and presumably for multiplayer franchises, too). But who knows what direction that will be taken.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2021, 02:50 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Don't do that.
Don't give me hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »