Home

Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #49
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

It's also kinda funny to think about how this is just an updated version of the Home Field Advantage that was found in the NCAA games. Only there it was actually adaptable to teams and how they were performing as of late. You had to turn your school into a powerhouse that was dominant for a while before the stadium became jam packed and could be used to your advantage.

Yet here as recently discussed these will all be static traits. I'm sure Seattle faithful will always go out to the home games but would you really expect to feel the 12th Man if they won 6 or less games for 3 or 4 years? I think the answer would be no but Madden won't reflect that.

Everything in Madden just seems so... static and anchored in concrete. Like it'll never have an experience tailored to what you're actually seeing as the game progresses.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #50
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I'm really not a fan of some of these. Some of them are great, but some of them are just complete immersion breakers.

Or would be if I paid attention to them. The Bengals getting faster to the line in hurry up? Come on. That's dumb. Not a huge fan of the Cowboys' one either.

Basically, home field advantage is universally related to either the crowd and the stadium/weather/timezone.

You have either road kickers not used to swirling winds, loud crowds/audio engineering of stadiums, thin air due to altitude, freezing or wet weather that the home team is more used to, field/turf conditions that the home team is used to, or simply players having to play during a time that their bio-clocks are not used to. Otherwise, there aren't many home field advantages, and I don't feel there should be these video-gamey additions.

If the next gen update was for PC, that'd be one of the first things I'd spend my time trying to fix.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #51

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I wish they'd simply give us a long list of HFA options that we can assign to any team we want so we can at least customize things to a more realistic level.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2021, 09:32 PM   #52
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I wish they'd simply give us a long list of HFA options that we can assign to any team we want so we can at least customize things to a more realistic level.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Ugh, you're going to get me ranting on PC again, since there's a 100% chance if modding were possible for the NG version, someone would mod realistic HFAs.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:30 AM   #53
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Ugh, you're going to get me ranting on PC again, since there's a 100% chance if modding were possible for the NG version, someone would mod realistic HFAs.
I'm curious about relocation teams. Do they get one? Do they just adopt the old cities HFA? I think it would be pretty neat to have a team in Ireland for example and have a jet lag HFA.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »