Home

Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2021, 06:47 AM   #17
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
They said that they specifically gave teams that don't have a real life home field advantage worse boosts to reflect accurately. Nobody is afraid of going to jerry world.
Which is really faulty logic when you consider franchise mode and teams changing over time. IMO this all feels like a H2H focused feature.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:12 AM   #18
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Which is really faulty logic when you consider franchise mode and teams changing over time. IMO this all feels like a H2H focused feature.
Wrong. And it makes no sense you keep saying it’s a “H2H focused feature” when it’s literally momentum and perks to make stadiums feel unique, but keep yourself on repeat I guess. You don’t seem to want to hear otherwise.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #19
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Wrong. And it makes no sense you keep saying it’s a “H2H focused feature” when it’s literally momentum and perks to make stadiums feel unique, but keep yourself on repeat I guess. You don’t seem to want to hear otherwise.
Wrong, as in it will change over the course of a franchise? The H2H comment is in respect to how it seems to reflect the current state of the NFL, but that doesn't fit well with CFM. Stadiums don't mean much without fans as we saw in 2020, and fan impact is fairly tightly coupled with team success.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:15 AM   #20
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

He does not even want to listen to people who actually played the beta and take their feedback into consideration.

Sometimes people’s minds are made up before they even take a bite of a new food.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-01-2021, 08:19 AM   #21
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
He does not even want to listen to people who actually played the beta and take their feedback into consideration.

Sometimes people’s minds are made up before they even take a bite of a new food.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You're being way too emotional about this, I'm just questioning how it will work in the long term, how it will feel the 100th time you see it play out, and whether it makes sense for franchise mode. You're the one being closed minded on this, you're strawmaning what I'm talking about. I'm sure it was cool to see a few times in beta - that's not what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 09:27 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It doesn't matter if the Cowboys are 17-0, Jerry World will never be a place that has the same type of atmosphere as Arrowhead. We've seen over years and years that the same stadiums in real life are always considered hostile and the same stadiums are not considered hostile.

FedEx field even when Washington is good is never a stadium that is completely hostile. Ever since Arrowhead and Heinz were built they've been known to be hostile.

Madden is reflecting this. It would be nice to have the ability to alter the effects at each stadium, but I don't think we will be given that ability. That would be one way to fix what you're perceiving to be an issue.

Madden could go with a "Toughest Places to Play" system like the old NCAA games that is dynamic, but that honestly doesn't feel like it would fit the NFL game all that well.

Also, with Gameday Factos it seems we will see modifiers that also help keep this more dynamic. We've only been told a few of these factors and have been told there are many more, but these are potentially going to help the situation out if your team is good and they constantly are in some highly touted matchups then they may constantly get factors that reflect the high pressure environment week to week. On the flipside we saw there were factors related to low pressure games, so if the Chiefs are 1-7 then maybe the system has their home games always have a factor decreasing the intensity.

I didn't get to play the beta so I've not got hands on experience with the Gameday Factors, but it seems they are partially there to help keep the gameday and homefield advantages dynamic to an extent which should help with what you're talking about.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-01-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Wrong, as in it will change over the course of a franchise? The H2H comment is in respect to how it seems to reflect the current state of the NFL, but that doesn't fit well with CFM. Stadiums don't mean much without fans as we saw in 2020, and fan impact is fairly tightly coupled with team success.
That doesn't mean it's a H2H feature. All it means is that the franchise team didn't consider long term changes. But then, some of them are NOT long term changes. Denver isn't going to suddenly have a lower altitude in twenty years. And other stadiums, like the Chiefs' and Seahawks', have had incredibly loud fans for decades, win or lose (part of it is acoustics). I would wager those stadiums aren't going to become quiet in 15 years.

But again, just because it doesn't change over time doesn't mean it wasn't specifically designed for Franchise. All it means is that they didn't create it with long term changes in mind. It's still an immersive feature for Franchise, adding more character and uniqueness to each game, while (more importantly) making home field advantage matter (which itself is a form of immersive presentation).

But most importantly, why in the world do you think a feature that is INHERENTLY BIASED IN FAVOR OF ONE PLAYER was designed for H2H?
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #24
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It doesn't matter if the Cowboys are 17-0, Jerry Worlf will never be a place that has the same type of atmosphere as Arrowhead. We've seen over years and years that the same stadiums in real life are always considered hostile and the same stadiums are not considered hostile.

FedEx field even when Washington is good is never a stadium that is completely hostile. Ever since Arrowhead and Heinz were built they've been known to be hostile.

Madden is reflecting this. It would be nice to have the ability to alter the effects at each stadium, but I don't think we will be given that ability. That would be one way to fix what you're perceiving to be an issue.

Madden could go with a "Toughest Places to Play" system like the old NCAA games that is dynamic, but that honestly doesn't feel like it would fit the NFL game all that well.

Also, with Gameday Factos it seems we will see modifiers that also help keep this more dynamic. We've only been told a few of these factors and have been told there are many more, but these are potentially going to help the situation out if your team is good and they constantly are in some highly touted matchups then they may constantly get factors that reflect the high pressure environment week to week. On the flipside we saw there were factors related to low pressure games, so if the Chiefs are 1-7 then maybe the system has their home games always have a factor decreasing the intensity.

I didn't get to play the beta so I've not got hands on experience with the Gameday Factors, but it seems they are partially there to help keep the gameday and homefield advantages dynamic to an extent which should help with what you're talking about.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This is what I could also view it as franchises evolve. Records could play a role in the intensity, primetime games, or they could even implement a power rankings in the News Feed somewhere. I feel like they are trying to make gameplay and atmosphere more dynamic so I would hope the atmosphere intensity does not remain static regardless of team performance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »