Home

Madden NFL 22 Features New Equipment, More Player Likeness Updates & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Features New Equipment, More Player Likeness Updates & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2021, 08:59 PM   #89
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Features New Equipment, More Player Likeness Updates & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
SAME. I’m going to run a franchise pretty deep and would rather not be stuck with a generic one.

This is probably a Trey issue though - he just needs to make himself available for the scan.

Does anyone know if a face scan update will fix a player in an existing franchise?
I suspect it is, but by god someone can do a better approximation in MAYA using photographs of him in a google search. It’s not some impossible task for someone who isn’t a total noob. There are even tutorials online about how to do it — at least the face model. But you could put the right hair on him by simply taking it from an already existing model. You could do that in the Franchise Editor for previous PC Maddens.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:43 PM   #90
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I suspect it is, but by god someone can do a better approximation in MAYA using photographs of him in a google search. It’s not some impossible task for someone who isn’t a total noob. There are even tutorials online about how to do it — at least the face model. But you could put the right hair on him by simply taking it from an already existing model. You could do that in the Franchise Editor for previous PC Maddens.
For players EA doesn't have scanned, EA picks an approximate match from their bank of generic heads based on the various complexions they have available.

I don't think EA ever sculpts an approximate likeness like 2K will for NBA 2K unless it's a superstar player that they'd get roundly mocked for if they assigned a generic head to that player instead (i.e a superstar quarterback like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers; Brady for the longest time actually didn't have a head scan).

Unrelated, I'm pretty sure EA's generic heads are all face scans of real people. I've spotted extras in movies and TV series who also appear in Madden, lol.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #91
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
For players EA doesn't have scanned, EA picks an approximate match from their bank of generic heads based on the various complexions they have available.

I don't think EA ever sculpts an approximate likeness like 2K will for NBA 2K unless it's a superstar player that they'd get roundly mocked for if they assigned a generic head to that player instead (i.e a superstar quarterback like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers; Brady for the longest time actually didn't have a head scan).

Unrelated, I'm pretty sure EA's generic heads are all face scans of real people. I've spotted extras in movies and TV series who also appear in Madden, lol.
Lol if that’s true I feel bad for some of these guys. I remember when they had photos for rookies. Probably staff as well.

Anyway, I do understand EA has a method they choose. But lots of comments here are on what we as fans WISH they’d do instead. One for me is, if you can’t get a top ten pick to get scanned, take the few hours it takes and do it yourself. And I can’t see lining up vertices with an image possibly taking more than a few hours for someone who knows what they are doing if they already have generic head models to attach the distorted textures to.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 09-05-2021 at 09:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2021, 10:15 PM   #92
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Gallup- in all blue adidas adizero 11 we can’t recreate. And white adizero gloves with TC1 logo we can’t make either.

Elliot- in all white menace elite 2 or untouchable 3 (not sure) but those can only be all TC or black on madden unless you set your whole team to white on white shoes

DAK- white Jordan’s with different colors in spots that’d be cool if we could edit. Hate how if you wear black team shoes the Jordans go to a weird looking TC1 and 2 combo that just looks off.

Lot of primary white, black, and red shoes on the Bucs. Really wish/hope there’s a way they can at least give us the option on the edit player screen to set all customizable parts on shoes/and some gloves to 4 options. Black/white/TC1/TC2.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:40 AM   #93
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

besides nike, i really hate how theres no blk logo for white gloves
Old 09-12-2021, 01:45 PM   #94
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Looking at all the shoes we can’t have watching red zone. Still can’t believe we can’t just get a basic 4 color option in the edit player section. Seems so behind the times imo.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac
Looking at all the shoes we can’t have watching red zone. Still can’t believe we can’t just get a basic 4 color option in the edit player section. Seems so behind the times imo.
Haha same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 06:36 PM   #96
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

How about EA not ship a game with glitched shoes!!!! That would be cool. One month in and we have purple template shoes on at least for styles!!!!WTF

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »