Home

Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2021, 03:56 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Thanks for the summary, that was cool!

Silly question: have you EVER found a UDFA who ended up being worthwhile to draft? Every now and then I’ll find UDFAs with the requisite great-elite acc/speed, but the rest of their physicals are typically all over the map. Some of those have been like low 70s for me, but always normal dev.

Just thinking you could save probably half your time if you’re crunched for time and skipped all of the UDFAs, since about half the prospect list are UDFAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've honestly never looked at UDFA for time purposes other than a guy in a news article falling and no they weren't good.

The 1.5 hours or so does not include UDFA's, only day 3 and higher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2021, 03:57 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
I'll add something that tripped me up my first year scouting with this system.

Don't trust the positions of strength & weakness they give each region. In week 1, without really looking through the players in each region, I assigned my Northeast scout to focus on CBs because "CB" was the top strength of the region.

There was one day 1 CB that went in the top 5 picks, and the other handful of CBs in that region were Day 3 or undrafted guys. My resources would have been better spent sending that scout to a region that had a small handful of guys rated Round 1 or Day 2 guys and if I felt like I had a shot at that top guy I could have just made him a focus player.
I totally ignore the region breakdown. The location focus is only useful knowing which players you plan on targeting and ideally 2-3 of them are in the same location like with my LOLB example above.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:03 PM   #67
Pro

Speaking of UDFAs, I just thought I’d share this amusing anecdote. In my new season, I just got to the first mock draft, where they have me drafting . . . a UDFA FB!!

I can’t help but laugh at how back the mock drafts are. It’s like they just said “find the lowest current OVR starter on the team and have them pick that.”

Old 10-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #68
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Speaking of UDFAs, I just thought I’d share this amusing anecdote. In my new season, I just got to the first mock draft, where they have me drafting . . . a UDFA FB!!

I can’t help but laugh at how back the mock drafts are. It’s like they just said “find the lowest current OVR starter on the team and have them pick that.”

Pretty sure the mock drafts take your favorites list into account - if you use it make sure it's organized
Old 10-24-2021, 01:33 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh13king
Pretty sure the mock drafts take your favorites list into account - if you use it make sure it's organized
Yeah I think so too. And the times I’ve seen them say someone’s who listed as Day 3 they have been a steal
Old 10-24-2021, 08:42 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolden05
Yeah I think so too. And the times I’ve seen them say someone’s who listed as Day 3 they have been a steal

Well, I DO want a fullback…

Old 10-27-2021, 04:05 PM   #71
Rookie

Great info on this thread. Got down to my top 2 QBs and while TP not elite..wanna see which one would yall go w/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper19

Great info on this thread. Got down to my top 2 QBs and while TP not elite..wanna see which one would yall go w/
Had to attach files
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QB1.jpg (116.3 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg QB2.jpg (114.9 KB, 310 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »