Home

M22 Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on M22 Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2021, 04:22 AM   #89
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M22 Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlyner1
First and foremost, you both are scholars and gentlemen for providing the community with this. I thank you both very much!

I have a couple questions I was hoping you could help with.

1 - I do know that you have suggested entering in the entire draft, however, one week 1 I generally go from top to bottom and favorite the players that actually have a chance of being drafted by me. Some are just immediately eliminated. Thus, my question would be, how drastically will this effect thier Scout and Value at Pick scores if I am just inputting those that I'm considering?

2 - Since I'm only adding in guys that I'm considering drafting, does it throw off anything if I am typing in their actual number in the "Week 1 Pick" column. Essentially, if I have no interest in the top 3 guys and am starting with the 4th ranked guy, does it throw anything off if I just change that 1 to a 4 (since he's the 4th ranked prospect and I will not being filling in the 1st ranked guy). Just an example but it would help me to do this.

Many thanks again fellas.
So if you're entering them at the right spot it helps I.e. 4th ranked player entered on line 4 instead of line 1. The draft value at projection will be ok.

The ScoutScore rank will be affected as it won't compare all players within a draft range. As ScoutScore rank is affected then both the good/bad/ok value projection tool and the tool for telling you round to draft will be out. The Scoutscore itself uses projected draft range as the base so won't be affected by your method.

Conclusion: you'll lose some help with valuations but overall the tool is still use able with your method.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2021, 04:46 PM   #90
Rookie

So what if I just update both the numbers in the first 2 columns. Will it still act as if he is projected as the first overall pick rather then the 4th? thank u bro
Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 PM   #91
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

everything is working great except the scouting cards for comparing players. For some reason, the "group" drop down menu is blank, and it seems to be preventing me from using the feature. the position list is fine, but without the group list, it seems to not fill in the player names for selection, and subsequently nothing else in the card will fill. I've tried just entering the group manually, but the page shoots an error when i do that. Any suggestions on what the issue might be? fwiw, im using office excell 2019. Appreciate any help you could provide. This is a great tool btw. excellent job on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2021, 04:28 AM   #92
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
everything is working great except the scouting cards for comparing players. For some reason, the "group" drop down menu is blank, and it seems to be preventing me from using the feature. the position list is fine, but without the group list, it seems to not fill in the player names for selection, and subsequently nothing else in the card will fill. I've tried just entering the group manually, but the page shoots an error when i do that. Any suggestions on what the issue might be? fwiw, im using office excell 2019. Appreciate any help you could provide. This is a great tool btw. excellent job on it.
You're right, picklist needs to be

=Picklists!$E$51:$E$59

for these two cells. I cleaned up the picklist tab and thought ctrl-x would move the picklist formulas too, it didn't.

Will upload shortly or folks can just copy paste that picklist into data validation for Scouting Card D3 and N3.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #93
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

Im struggling with the player traits section. I feel like every single player for each position says the exact same traits
Old 12-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #94
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
Im struggling with the player traits section. I feel like every single player for each position says the exact same traits
Yeah, you get a lot of "concentration drops" on WR and TE but that don't have "drops open passes" traits. Traits are the highest level of detail and I predict just getting the precombine/combine in is decent value and grades in is optimal value for time spent vs return on draftees.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:06 PM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
The trait hints in the profile do not correlate, at least that I can tell. I didn't dive in enough to decide if certain ones do work or if it was just coincidence, but "Always looks for the big hit" did not make a Big Hitter, "Loves to use quick moves / Relies on swift over arm moves" was a Finesse Moves - No, "Motor running hot" was a No for High Motor and "Often rips ball out" was a No for "Strip ball."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #96
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
You're right, picklist needs to be

=Picklists!$E$51:$E$59

for these two cells. I cleaned up the picklist tab and thought ctrl-x would move the picklist formulas too, it didn't.

Will upload shortly or folks can just copy paste that picklist into data validation for Scouting Card D3 and N3.
Awesome! Thanks for taking care of it and for the tool in general. great stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »