Home

No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

This is a discussion on No New Big Franchise Updates This Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 02:01 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Your outrage will mean NOTHING if ANY of you buy the NCAA game. Don’t do it.

But instead, 95% of you will, and this is the group least likely to buy it out of anger.

They could put out a reskin of the 360 version of Madden 06 and people are going to rush out to buy it purely because of the NCAA name. That game is going to be a massive disappointment when it comes to gameplay. But if NCAA 14’s gameplay can get a pass for all of these years, so can the new one I’m sure.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:14 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
Lol, such a joke. Does anyone know what were the other updates supposed to be?
From the video it looks like it was an expansion to scouting and some new scenarios.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:15 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
Does anyone actually have any confidence that the following will work correctly within 30 days of release of the NCAA game:

Player progression

Replay reviews

Formations subs

Fatigue

Sim stats

Penalties

Further, does anybody expect the following to be in the game, all of which I think are 100% needed

Personal trophy case like we used to have

Rivalry trophies

Individual school records

Actual stadium atmosphere, and I'm not taking about stupid flyovers every game, I'm talking the items we used to have

Transfer Portal

Coaching carousel

Medical redshirts

Teams correctly managing their scholarships

I personally expect none of that, which is sad... I fully expect the marketing to be about college MUT, they'll probably sign Ed Reed and Dion Sanders to do commercials, and then we'll get a port of Madden, with bad, XP based player progression and zero college flavor

As much as everything you said pisses me off, you are probably 100% correct

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-01-2021, 07:39 AM   #60
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I am not sure what else they may add, but maybe they will try to chore up the glitches and bugs in 22?

They've had since June to fix the bugs in the game. I don't believe for one second that all of the sudden they're going to care about the same bugs we had in the beta and in Madden 21 NG that never got fixed.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:42 AM   #61
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
I traditionally don't weigh in on the development piece, because I'm close enough to it professionally to know that the number of development bodies assigned to a project doesn't scale in a linear fashion the way people think it does. That leads to some unpopular opinions, and everybody's upset enough that none of us need a fight.

So I'll just say this about the product:

I was excited about the franchise updates and the scouting patch as a stepping stone toward something...I liked where it was all going.

I like it all a whole lot less as an end state.

Basically M23 will be the same game as far as franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2021, 08:28 AM   #62
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

That sucks. I cant lie though I havent touched Madden since the scouting update. I played a quick game with the Panthers after Cam signed a few weeks ago. I actually like M22 but there are just too many gaming options at my disposal right now and Madden just doesn't pull me like that anymore. For me personally, the updates probably wouldn't have done much, I wasnt playing the game much anyway, but it's a bad look. I cant lie though I'm more excited that the devs were moved to NCAA than disappointed about not getting whatever was planned for franchise. Madden is just at a place for me where it "is what it is" and I accept that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #63
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

The ONLY good thing coming out of this is the fact that NCAA Football is back. It's my all-time favorite series and can't wait to play it. I'm sure it won't be what I expect it to be in my mind. But, to be able to play a college football game that's not 8 years and older will be a treat.

With that said, this is a terrible look...to pull the plug on features that you used to advertise your game, and make that decision after you've gotten people's hard earned money...that's wack!
Old 12-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #64
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
They could put out a reskin of the 360 version of Madden 06 and people are going to rush out to buy it purely because of the NCAA name. That game is going to be a massive disappointment when it comes to gameplay. But if NCAA 14’s gameplay can get a pass for all of these years, so can the new one I’m sure.
If they just allowed NCAA 14 to be backwards compatible I'd probably still be playing it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »