Home

Madden NFL 22 Patch Available - Includes Final Franchise Mode Update - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Patch Available - Includes Final Franchise Mode Update - Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2022, 11:24 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 22 Patch Available - Includes Final Franchise Mode Update - Patch Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I do have my best CB out due to injury but it was Zach Wilson of the Jets and I'm the Bills so we have an excellent secondary.

In M21, they throw the ball away when pressured or make a bad pass, in M22 they escape pressure then throw these crazy passes for completions and rarely throw a bad pass.

It's a challenge though, but not very realistic imo.
And the M22 escape seems to always be backwards-n-out, instead of up-n-out.

I'm trying so hard to edit M22 to like it, but I'm finding way to much regression of gameplay aspects, esp AI side that's frustrating to see

Even some of the Stat Info overlays that popped up during M21 gameplay, no longer trigger in M22.

Man, as a 100% Offline Franchise gamer, it's like.....
Old 04-22-2022, 12:02 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Patch Available - Includes Final Franchise Mode Update - Patch Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
And the M22 escape seems to always be backwards-n-out, instead of up-n-out.

I'm trying so hard to edit M22 to like it, but I'm finding way to much regression of gameplay aspects, esp AI side that's frustrating to see

Even some of the Stat Info overlays that popped up during M21 gameplay, no longer trigger in M22.

Man, as a 100% Offline Franchise gamer, it's like.....
Exactly, everything has been regressed. Here’s an example of the organic 3 man interactions that were completely removed from 22 (amongst a plethora of other things that were nerfed/regressed or removed).
Watch how the third player joins in and attempts to jar the ball loose.

https://twitter.com/kingmademusic/st...fMAaOX6DaSY0RA
Old 04-24-2022, 06:19 AM   #35
Rookie

One thing I'm noticing after this patch that isn't mentioned is the qb pocket presence. It has gotten better. I played against the rams, Stafford has never evaded pressure as good, and this was on default all pro. I am playing against the pats, Matt Jones isn't just sitting there anymore. And they aren't running smack dab into defensive ends for a sack.

And as another user said above, pass coverage has gotten tighter.

As far as qb accuracy, you can get Sim results. Here's what I do, I find out what their completion percentage was for short,medium and deep passes. Easiest way is to go to play now, then I bump their accuracy down for me and the cpu to those numbers.

Lastly, I find out their completion percentage under pressure and bump throw under pressure to that. Night and day. One of the reasons people say passing is too easy is the ratings are too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2022, 12:08 PM   #36
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
One thing I'm noticing after this patch that isn't mentioned is the qb pocket presence. It has gotten better. I played against the rams, Stafford has never evaded pressure as good, and this was on default all pro. I am playing against the pats, Matt Jones isn't just sitting there anymore. And they aren't running smack dab into defensive ends for a sack.

And as another user said above, pass coverage has gotten tighter.

As far as qb accuracy, you can get Sim results. Here's what I do, I find out what their completion percentage was for short,medium and deep passes. Easiest way is to go to play now, then I bump their accuracy down for me and the cpu to those numbers.

Lastly, I find out their completion percentage under pressure and bump throw under pressure to that. Night and day. One of the reasons people say passing is too easy is the ratings are too high.

Are they taking off at all or just moving in the pocket better?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-24-2022, 02:08 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Are they taking off at all or just moving in the pocket better?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Both. Stafford and Matt Jones took off a couple times, I couldn't believe it. I'll need more games, but they may have tuned the cpu running game as well. It appears they are hitting open holes rather than just running into lineman. But the pocket presence is glaringly noticeable,particularly to those of us with whom it made us go mad.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:10 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
Both. Stafford and Matt Jones took off a couple times, I couldn't believe it. I'll need more games, but they may have tuned the cpu running game as well. It appears they are hitting open holes rather than just running into lineman. But the pocket presence is glaringly noticeable,particularly to those of us with whom it made us go mad.
Not to be that guy, but it is Mac Jones, not Matt Jones.

― Plato
Old 04-25-2022, 07:04 AM   #39
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: Final Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Update Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Wish we could have had the coaching trees expanded but at least the wait is over waiting for updates. I Wish there was a big section on bug fixes though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
That almost made it into the update but I heard priority was given to the new scenarios and fixing the scouting %.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #40
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Final Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Update Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
That almost made it into the update but I heard priority was given to the new scenarios and fixing the scouting %.

It's so strange that they are prioritizing scenarios over fixing stupid bugs that make scouting so annoying. Having it scroll to the top of the screen every time you look at a player card is crazy... Not being able to favorite players once the draft starts is also crazy. The new percentages make drafting a lot better, but these small things should be easy fixes for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »