Home

DB's Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on DB's Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: DB's Madden 11 Sliders

I haven't tried these out but going by my play in the game and current sliders, I'd say these are pretty solid and I'll give them a shot.

Some thoughts:

-I'd say the interception ratings should be equal. I shouldn't be punished for a bad throw more than the AI should be.

-Pass D reaction looks too high especially for the CPU. Passing in the NFL is pretty easy so it shouldn't be something hard to do in the game. I know this probably cuts down on long bombs but I'd rather deal with those than ruin short/medium routes. There is a reason guys like Revis and Nnamdi make the cash they do and I don't think average CBs in Madden should have their shutdown abilities which is what happens when pass reaction is too high.

-FG power may need to be toned down a bit. Not the crazy 14-20 type values I am seeing (do the people who have those even watch football? People actually can make 50 yard FGs without barely getting over the crossbar) but maybe in the low 40s range.

-Injuries at default happen too often. I'd say 35 for this.

-Fatigue I think at 55.

-does the threshold work where the higher the setting the less speed difference? if so, I don't think burners should be punished for being burners so a 75 setting needs to be toned down.

Other than those points I think things look solid and probably the best set I've yet seen. Good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 6

DB,

I plugged in your most recent sliders are played two games (first two games of the panthers regular season).

I pitched shutouts in both the NYG and TB games (only played 3 quarters of the TB game, was up 10-0). Both teams gave up a turnover or two, NYG threw a pick 6 in a game I beat them 13-0.

The offensive stats seem about right, I had trouble scoring many points as Carolina which is accurate since the Panthers offense sucks.

The biggest thing on defense is that it is too easy to stop the run. CPU could not run the ball AT ALL. Pass game was about right, the only adjustment I might make is to decrease user pass rushing, making it ever so slightly more difficult to get to the QB as I was able to get around the edge with Charles Johnson (OVR 80) several times.

The only other suggestion I will give is to lower injuries. I had Dan Connor go down with a 3 week injury, Otah with a 4 week injury and I lost a TE Barnaige for the season all in 2 weeks. I'd suggest 30-35 for injury slider.

Very good sliders overall, very close to being a final set. I'm getting back into this now a little bit since the final cuts are made and the rosters posted.

Thanks,

NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 09-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #83
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
DB,

I plugged in your most recent sliders are played two games (first two games of the panthers regular season).

I pitched shutouts in both the NYG and TB games (only played 3 quarters of the TB game, was up 10-0). Both teams gave up a turnover or two, NYG threw a pick 6 in a game I beat them 13-0.

The offensive stats seem about right, I had trouble scoring many points as Carolina which is accurate since the Panthers offense sucks.

The biggest thing on defense is that it is too easy to stop the run. CPU could not run the ball AT ALL. Pass game was about right, the only adjustment I might make is to decrease user pass rushing, making it ever so slightly more difficult to get to the QB as I was able to get around the edge with Charles Johnson (OVR 80) several times.

The only other suggestion I will give is to lower injuries. I had Dan Connor go down with a 3 week injury, Otah with a 4 week injury and I lost a TE Barnaige for the season all in 2 weeks. I'd suggest 30-35 for injury slider.

Very good sliders overall, very close to being a final set. I'm getting back into this now a little bit since the final cuts are made and the rosters posted.

Thanks,

Hey Blazzen, Hey DB,

I have to agree w/ Blazzen. I altered these sliders to give the CPU a better running and passing game.

I used DB's sliders from last year as well (again with some alterations of my own.) Im really glad you're doing sliders again this year DB. I always work off of yours. (only cuz my personal play style requires tuning your sliders, not tuning cuz I think they're slightly off.)

Although maybe I made it too hard, since I just lost to the Jets. oh well... cant win em all.

Here are my version of DB's that beefs up the CPU a bit if you wanna try Blazzen;

PASSING
30/55
45/45
45/50

RUNNING
25/30
45/60
50/45

RUN DEF
50/60
15/15
55/50

PAS DEF
20/45
40/35
55/45

THRESH-65
INJ-40
15min-20SecAccel
Fatigue-55
Old 09-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 8

Shooot..earlier dloaded the patch and rosters...I 'd forgotten how good and useless this game is at the same time. Anyone who professes to have sliders for this mess is Lying....and that's it. I actually reckon my default ones are as good as gets....Played against the cheating Pats, ..1st game I won 14-7 yet Welker had 18 catches for 170 yds.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »