Home

Finding balance using sliders

This is a discussion on Finding balance using sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Finding balance using sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdawg
Cool, I'll check them out later.

This is what I am using, with fatigue at 60 it gives me what I am looking for. What the Pro's do. The QB will never come out.

Your back up HB should get about 5-8 carries, this really depends on your HB stamina, I just sub what HB I want. You can put any HB in at anytime.

Your OL will never come out.

WR will come off for a quick blow on long drives or if they make a big play down field.

FB/TE will come off for a quick blow as does WR above.

DT come out more often than DE and gets a nice rotation, but you can sub this easy to.

DE will come out less than DT.

LB may come out for a play. Again I sub hear quite a bit.

CB/S May come out on a long drive for a play. But this is what I want.

I think this provides realistic results. Tell me what you think? The stamina of your players will play a role hear.

AUTO SUBS
Offense-In/Out-Defense-In/Out
QB-2/1 DT-69/64
HB-75/65 DE-65/61
WR-60/58 LB-59/55
FB/TE -60/58 CB-56/52
OL-2/1 S-56/52

I am not totally set yet, determining how the auto sub sliders affect the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I have tried out the fast speed and threshold 70 and I am glad I did! Great game play here, not as fast as I thought it would be. Quite realistic IMO.

Runs, both inside and outside can be effective, but not overly so. Guards pull and get in front of the RB properly, etc. I use the Vikings (wanted a challenging rebuild) and many sets/threshold/speeds resulted in AP running buck wild all over the field. Not so here. CPU AI is good and the game plays out very well.

I am, however, still not seeing fumbles like you have stated you're getting. I did adjust my balance to 12 tackle/88 break tackle due to the fact that I like to see more wrap tackles versus the land mine type tackling you get at higher tackle settings. The fumble slider is 50/50 as you call for. This has provided for better running game animations.

I wonder if there is also a relationship between the tackle slider value and the fumble slider value. Perhaps I would need to raise the tackle slider to see more fumbles, as the 12 tackle doesn't trigger enough fumbles in relation to the 50 value. I just don't relish the idea due to the WWE type tackling that comes along with it.

I know you don't recommend lowering the fumbles, but I may try 25/25 or so on these just to see what happens.

I was getting to the point of shelving this game until EA patched it, but your settings have saved it for me. EA still needs to patch some of the CCM issues to make it usable,, and I will wait to start my CCM until they do just that, but I am really beginning to enjoy this title now thanks to your discovery.
With Broken tackles at 55 for both CPU/USER and Tackling at 45 for both I see plenty of broken tackles. I would imagine you want the CPU to fumble more? I would adjust like this for the Fumble slider:

USER 40/60 CPU although I don't recommend it, at least you are still keeping balance of 100. Try that and see what you think.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 6

I just want to see some fumbles, period. I like to keep it even for both CPU and HUM ( I don't use the strip function when tackling) and hope that the fumbles occur randomly, based on ball carrying ability. I am averse to going 40/60 or 60/40 on the fumble slider. I would be more inclined to try 25/25 on that area and see if anything goes wonky, keeping my tackle slider at 12.

I will try a few more games at 50/50 before changing anything. I am not as concerned about broken tackles as I am the "Blow 'em up" tackles you get with a high tackle slider.

Are you seeing an occasional big play with the 70 threshold? This is another thing I will be watching for as a experiment further. Game play is tight at 70, but so far no big plays. I don't want to see them all the time, but they should be there occasionally. I may consider dropping the threshold to 60 or 65 and see what happens after some more testing.

As always, your thoughts are appreciated.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used all the GURU's sliders on the forum and I must say your set is the first ones that finally made the game fun and challenging... This is the best time I've ever had playing Madden against the CPU... I'm doing CCM offline 13 min quarter 18 second run off in slow mode and they work VERy well... Thanks bro I'm finally enjoying the game and I must say the game plays so differently from game to game I'm loving it.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

i am soooo happy to see this thread. like others i have been so dissapointed. i willbe trying it tonight. thanks a million akita
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #70
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I might have to give this a shot.....are you getting beat by the CPU ?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
There we go. See how you can zip up the sliders so there are no open spaces on our tests. If your highest value is going to be 50, then that should be what your test is out of - nothing on your sliders should exceed 50. I feel 100 is too high because its like having a test where not all the questions are answered - as you said, 50 felt 'small'.

My judgment is that a tighter test will produce a more refined game. Having a 50 tackling ability when the range is 100 seems wasteful to many and so does every other slider when all that potential is unable to be tapped.

The community has discovered that QB's can still throw an accurate ball below 10, so why have the interaction with pass coverage at a range of 100?

In conclusion, I like the idea of using a smaller test sample - esp if we are looking for simulated gamestyle. The only challenge I see ahead is our resistance to change and our rigidness on set conclusions. If the game can be sampled 50/100, it can certainly be sampled 50/50.

Balaou, you are getting us closer to realizing perfection - Akita has shined light on how the components compliment each other and now we are going to complement that relationship with the appropriate efficacy - its going to bring a striking balance of thunder and lightening, ying and yang. Obvs, we can get a perfect score on this test
Try it and see what you think. . .not sure if you got what I meant by "playing small"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #72
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Was @ Oak (HUM) 10 – 35 on 7min QTRS All-Pro
*I ran out of the gameflow and simply selected the play that appeared on both offense and defense.

Game Summary

Washing controlled the whole 1st QTR chewing up 6.5 minutes of the 7 minutes but they conceded to only three points. I went into the second half and was ready to end the game at half-time and submit my observations but after seeing McFadden break one long I decided to stay and see the rest.

We gashed the skins on the ground for 227 total rushing yards between three backs but Run DMC was the main force. I had no passing game and managed a meager 99 yards to their 161. The CPU Run game started strong but ended on empty tank early, so did their pass game.

Overall, my Defense “somehow” showed up in the second half and started pressuring Griffin. There were no INT’s thrown but one turnover did occur (a (strip) fumble forced on Griffin recovered by us).

Game Observations
· The CPU is playing better but merely playing above their ratings it appeard, especially in pass coverage

· The CPU QB AWR is appreciated as Griffin chooses cannily when he should scramble and hits the lane appropriately – no questioning his decision making..

· Only success I saw CPU amass, I reasoned, was due to their increased abilities and my neutered abilities

· The INT game seems neutered as there were at least 4 touched balls that were attempted picks but dropped.. this sapped the fun factor and kill factor out of the game and made it too much of a mercy game

TTThe CPU QB seemed to have a higher success rate with completions due to his 70 QBA because his players were making contact catches effortlessly whereas my players were showing struggles

· Deep ball was there – on one instance I audible to deep fly’s and Heward-bey beat the single coverage.. I was able to lay the ball out and he made a diving catch for it. The deep ball coverage overall though was very pure, in an impeccable way.

Spotlight Stats
Time OP 17:09 WAS 10:51 OAK
Penalties 2-15 WAS 5-55 OAK (true to life [the raiders lack discipline] although the means were unfair)
Total Offense WAS 216 OAK 326
Game MVP Darren McFadden 18/188 4 TD’s
Unsung Hero RG3 18/28 187 and 4/26 rushing 1TD

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 09-17-2012 at 11:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »