Home

OhMrHanky's "Let the Players Play" Sliders. Online as RATINGSDICTATEPLAY

This is a discussion on OhMrHanky's "Let the Players Play" Sliders. Online as RATINGSDICTATEPLAY within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OhMrHanky's "Let the Players Play" Sliders. Online as RATINGSDICTATEPLAY

Wow, just played a game with all Penalty Sliders set at 5. I thought this might allow for a penalty or 2 called, but wouldn't affect the player interaction much. I was wrong. These are going back down to 1. I cannot believe how much these affect 'what' the players do and restrict their movement it feels like. So, for me it's just a game without penalties, but a much more free moving fun realistic game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
Just started!

Thumbs up Re: OhMrHanky's "Let the Players Play" Sliders. Online as RATINGSDICTATEPLAY

Hey Hankey,
I actually just signed up just to give u some feedback. Really love how these sliders with penalties at 1 work out so far. I have tried a lot of slider sets here and I'm actually surprised nobody came up with that idea before, because it makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
The Fast Speed feels pretty nice. It also makes the game a bit harder, which is good, especially on the run.

I am not the best Madden player but I feel these give me a great challange while still playing out very realistic, which I haven't seen so far. I would lower the WR catch or QB acc for user though. It might grant some better challange and balance passing stats. I know you'd say it prevents some of the good animations, which might be true, but I am willing to sacrifice these for better challange and stats.

I just had some great moments playing the Raiders. CPU Defense feels ALOT more real, especially with fast speed, although I was able to move the ball pretty good, which I probably should'nt, because... well, I'm the Raiders. Just had a great moment with Flynn just throwing the ball up in the Endzone with 1on1 coverage on a 3rd and long. Butler made a spectacular catch, but got reviewed and overturned because he did'nt have control until he went out of bounds. Coverage animations were very realistic though! Murry torched me in the first quater until I realized I really would have to play sharp and not make any mistakes. Feels adequate though because again... I'm the Raiders. Also had problems running the ball with Pryor which I did'nt really have with any other set so far. Also good.

Trailing 14-9 after the first half, which actually feels very realistic.

Great job so far! I'm actually getting some motivation to go beyond preseason
Old 09-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #27
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIDGEONJimi
Hey Hankey,
I actually just signed up just to give u some feedback. Really love how these sliders with penalties at 1 work out so far. I have tried a lot of slider sets here and I'm actually surprised nobody came up with that idea before, because it makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
The Fast Speed feels pretty nice. It also makes the game a bit harder, which is good, especially on the run.

I am not the best Madden player but I feel these give me a great challange while still playing out very realistic, which I haven't seen so far. I would lower the WR catch or QB acc for user though. It might grant some better challange and balance passing stats. I know you'd say it prevents some of the good animations, which might be true, but I am willing to sacrifice these for better challange and stats.

I just had some great moments playing the Raiders. CPU Defense feels ALOT more real, especially with fast speed, although I was able to move the ball pretty good, which I probably should'nt, because... well, I'm the Raiders. Just had a great moment with Flynn just throwing the ball up in the Endzone with 1on1 coverage on a 3rd and long. Butler made a spectacular catch, but got reviewed and overturned because he did'nt have control until he went out of bounds. Coverage animations were very realistic though! Murry torched me in the first quater until I realized I really would have to play sharp and not make any mistakes. Feels adequate though because again... I'm the Raiders. Also had problems running the ball with Pryor which I did'nt really have with any other set so far. Also good.

Trailing 14-9 after the first half, which actually feels very realistic.

Great job so far! I'm actually getting some motivation to go beyond preseason
Good deal, man. Honestly, I just want to see real football, myself, and I hope others see it as well. And, I will say again, with Interceptions at 47 and WR Catch at 83, I really think you see the proper animations and proper gameplay. I love seeing a Dback slightly out of position, but within range to dive and swat the ball away. I also love throwing a deep route to Julio Jones with one on one coverage, timing the catch button to set him up to leap up at the right time and make a spec catch. Obviously, these sliders are a starting point, and feel free to move them how you see fit for yourself, but I will also say again, if you want to see more drops or if you would like to see your QB a little less accurate, the FIRST thing I would do is lower QB ACC as this WILL have that effect. You will see WRs simply dropping open passes more often (not all the time, of course). Dropping the WR catch may or may not have that immediate effect. I know that may sound strange, but something in the programming really seems to dictate this in that way. So, drop QB ACC to 31 to start, see if that does it. If not, try it at 25, and I think you will most likely see more drops than you want, and your QB will throw the ball a little more off target more often.

Hope that works for you. Enjoy.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #28
Rookie

tallen0919's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon9 Re: OhMrHanky's "Let the Players Play" Sliders. Online as RATINGSDICTATEPLAY

New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New England Patriots ()71402243
Atlanta Falcons ()7187840
Team Stats Comparison
NWEATL
Total Offense537458
Rushing Yards3486
Passing Yards503372
First Downs2415
Punt Return Yards1114
Kick Return Yards11194
Total Yards659566
Turnovers2(+1)3(-1)
3rd Down Converstion4-8 (50%)5-9 (55%)
4th Down Conversion1-1 (100%)1-2 (50%)
2-Point Conversion1-1 (100%)2-2 (100%)
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4-5 (80%)3-3 (100%)
Penalties0-01-5
Posession Time24:2715:33
New England Patriots
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M Ryan16/2937223
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Rodgers15442.92
J. Snelling64271
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
R. White410726.7
H. Douglas310033.31
J. Jones36120.31
J. Snelling23718.5
J. Rodgers13333
C. Coffman11818
Atlanta Falcons
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Brady41/5452552
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
S. Ridley8334.11
L. Blount1110
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
R. Gronkowski1314811.31
M. Hoomanawanui1013813.81
K. Tompkins710314.72
S. Ridley47117.70
J. Edelman33110.31
A. Dobson3268.60

10 minute quarters, accel clock 15.

WOW. so basicly this was the "falcons CBs getting torched every play" game. at the beggining things were looking OK. i moved with ease and could stop them, even got a couple sacks and picks. i had a third pick that just inexplicably dropped out of my guys hands like always. they never sacked me. i think all the picks were actually on me throwing dumb passes. one of which when my intention was to put the game away by driving upfield and killing clock and sealing it with a FG which i could have done at some point in the game. at the half things were looking fine, it was all more or less going my way... and suddenly im getting beat EVERY goddang play. like its ridiculous how bad my defense looked. no coverage, no pass rush, poor tackling (which admittedly they suffered from as well). and before long my whole defense is fatigued (yellow/orange) and the offense was pretty gassed (receivers were all yellow). so i thought i seal up the game when i score one last time right after the 2mw and go for the 2 and convert to be up 4. i wanted to use more clock and it did indeed bite me in the bum. on the ensuing drive they air it out down the field with just 1 incompletion i think, and i remember along the way on a 4th and 2 they hand it off to ridley, who gets naild in the backfield and just slides of the tackle and takes it outside and gets past the marker. soon after they hit a huge TD from like 30+ yards out where the receiver was just chilling all by himself around the 10 and just grabbed it and ran up the sideline and was uncatchable cuz my defenders were just too far away. i get the ball back with 8 seconds left after they squib it with 11. 1st hail mary incomplete. 2nd hail mary caught by roddy wwhite but hes tackled immediately inside the 5 somewhere. I feel like id have had this game if i played the real life injured falcons players (ESPECIALLY ON DEFENSE). ill try against a team with a bad/qb recievers and see if i still have these issues.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #29
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

@tallen0919. Looks like u had a competitive game, anyways. As a falcons fan, myself, I know a lot about them and play with them pretty much exclusively, and if u are, too, u KNOW our D can be suspect from time to time. Willy Mo will stick some fools, Samuel can cover, but we've got 2 rookie CBs with less Awareness than a veteran would have, so that hurts. Dent sux, and Nicholas sux, so our LBing corps is weak. Weatherspoon is a beast, but he's it for LBs. Our pass rush is about average, so ultimately, u do have to use strategy with the Birds' D. I don't know what types of plays u call, but u can't blitz every down. I try to mix up my plays, but I'll tell u one game (15 min qtrs, 16s ACC clock), I gave up 450 yds to a drafted QB, and could NOT stop him till 1min left in the game and he made the mistake of trying to run for a first down and WHAM! My drafted MLB knocked him out of the game. Backup game in, did nothing, I got the ball back and scored the winning TD. Final score was like 45-42 or something. But, that's what I think you'll see with these sliders. Highly competitive games back and forth, possibly high scoring, possibly u stop em in the red zone, but they often are competitive. If u feel the CPU QB is too accurate, knock it down to 31, and you'll see a few more drops and it'll be easier to play D, but it might take away the competitiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
Rookie

tallen0919's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon1 Re: OhMrHanky's "Let the Players Play" Sliders. Online as RATINGSDICTATEPLAY

New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New York Jets ()01402135
Atlanta Falcons ()1414171459
Team Stats Comparison
NYJATL
Total Offense441537
Rushing Yards129131
Passing Yards312406
First Downs1422
Punt Return Yards00
Kick Return Yards93115
Total Yards534652
Turnovers4 (-3)1 (+3)
3rd Down Converstion7-8 (87%)5-11 (45%)
4th Down Conversion0-0 4-4 (100%)
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-07-1
Penalties1-10-0
Posession Time19:5720:03
New York Jets
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Ryan21/3440611
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Snelling16533.32
J. Rodgers14574.04
J. Jones119190
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
H. Douglas 713118.70
J. Snelling48120.20
J. Jones37725.60
C. Coffman25125.51
R. White336120
T. Gonzalez230150
Atlanta Falcons
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
G. Smith19/2432633
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B.Powel7689.71
C. Ivory10515.11
G. Smith110100
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Holmes511723.42
J. Cumberland37023.31
S. Hill348160
J. Kerley141410
C. Gates34013.30

utter domination, despite the score and stats....

i may lower fatigue some, everybody was in the yellow in the 3rd quarter again. but they didnt look as bad as the patriots once everyone was yellow...

their DBs simply couldnt handle my WRs i noticed very early on. just ran lots of formations with 2 recievers on a side or bunches/trips and basically any shotgun variation for guarnateed yards. they even had trouble with pro sets (just 2 wrs at opposent ends). also coffman looked like a stud when i subbed him in over gonzalez (he is VERY slow). a few times i was screwing around just chucking it and pretty much accidently got huge catches. they did lock the down pass well in the redzone oddly but i countered that with passing until inside the 4/5 and then just rushing over and over. the jets were feast or famine with their passing, once they fell way behind in points. either a sack, inc, pick, or 30+ yard catch. note they only threw like 100 yds less than me, WITH 3 PICKS (2 users, and i think all by the safety thomas decoud). like the first time, with the tackling so low both sides had crazy succes running, and sometimes allowed big plays by the ball carrier just breaking dead to rights tackles. this one got put of reach way early, and the computer even attempted 2 onside kicks at the end. i could have put up another field goal but i was screwing around trying to get one more TD and ran out of time inside the 5.

basically with steven jackson and weatherspoon/biermann back i think this could be that much uglier. [i play with real life injuries in tact] esp. because of jax's high truck and brk tckl rating. too easy. however based off the pats game id imagine these are super hard vs any team with a top tier QB and high deep acc and/or throw power (brees, rodgers, CK7, RW3, p manning, flacco, newton, stafford) and at least 1 top tier WR.

*edit screen passes work extremely well on both sides. wonder why. noticed in both games. and LOL my stats are with the wrong team.

Last edited by tallen0919; 09-25-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 1

I gave these sliders an honest effort but tackling at 0 just doesn't work. Welker trucked L.Fletcher and Blackmon trucked T.Hali. And I'm not talking about a simple broken; the defenders were squared up ready to make a tackle and each runner lowered their head and blasted the defender back on their rear end (Think J.Cutler on a DB last Sunday but worse.) Maybe just maybe A.Peterson could lay out L.Fletcher but not a 5'9'' 185 lb wr. I even tried it at 25 and it was still too low. Unfortunately, EA eliminated the Broken Tackle slider which would fix this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #32
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I gave these sliders an honest effort but tackling at 0 just doesn't work. Welker trucked L.Fletcher and Blackmon trucked T.Hali. And I'm not talking about a simple broken; the defenders were squared up ready to make a tackle and each runner lowered their head and blasted the defender back on their rear end (Think J.Cutler on a DB last Sunday but worse.) Maybe just maybe A.Peterson could lay out L.Fletcher but not a 5'9'' 185 lb wr. I even tried it at 25 and it was still too low. Unfortunately, EA eliminated the Broken Tackle slider which would fix this problem.
The other slider set I created first, REALFUNSIMSLIDERS, has tackling at 31. I found that to be a good overall number. It allowed Steven Jackson to truck properly, but seemed to make the computer tackle appropriately. That might work for you. Personally, I'm finding a good mix of trucking when I should, and also getting tackled when I think I should be able to truck. Same for the cpu for me, when I play against a weak RB, I'm able to tackle him most of the time, but if he's a trucker or an elusive back, he definitely feels more slippery.
31/32 felt about right to me when I was making those sliders. I wouldn't go above 40 as set that high, you will see NO broken tackles, and that's not realistic, and it's not as much fun imo, and you don't see the individuality of the players as much. I agree that 25 might be too low. I would start at 31 and move your way up until you get the feel you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »