Home

Regret of Next Gen

This is a discussion on Regret of Next Gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #25
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Regret of Next Gen

Another thing to consider is this - the fanbase back in those days was really nothing like it is now. I'm not just talking raw numbers, i'm talking about us here - the enthusiats who have a channel and medium (e.g. OS) to portray our thoughts and opinions, and EA do care about forums. I mean, the strive for realism in Madden is only really a young cause.

Just another aspect which has matured. Again, you'd hope that gaming as a whole has matured enough to make these new engine moves painless if not fruitful for the gamplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 02:17 PM   #26
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

So we are under teh assumption we are getting a NEW engine? Perhaps one that has actual blocking schemes and true gang tackling?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:46 PM   #27
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I'll never forget the first year March Madness made it onto the PS2. They didn't even bother to put in a ****ing season mode. Lazy bastards.

I sure how they don't try and pull this crap and take out owner mode or dynasty option on the next gen.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 04-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Grunt they didnt take anything important out with the first ps2
I was mainly talking about options and what is important to some may not be important to others.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Another thing to consider is this - the fanbase back in those days was really nothing like it is now. I'm not just talking raw numbers, i'm talking about us here - the enthusiats who have a channel and medium (e.g. OS) to portray our thoughts and opinions, and EA do care about forums. I mean, the strive for realism in Madden is only really a young cause.

Just another aspect which has matured. Again, you'd hope that gaming as a whole has matured enough to make these new engine moves painless if not fruitful for the gamplay.
Did EA invite anyone from OS to preview the new madden.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
I was thinking the same thing the other night. I'm from the old school. While great graphics and effects are great, they are to be expected as the technology progresses.

What I want to progress with these next gen football titles is the ability to carry your own franchise mode online (if you want) and you can invite others to join and takeover their favorite teams while the CPU fills any untaken teams. Have the ability to create a dynamic website that fills in stats, rosters, message boards box scores, etc. based on this online franchise.

That would be my idea of Next Gen--not graphics, per se.
This is my hope/desire as well. I'm concerned that these sort of issues will be placed on the back burner until the last couple years of the console. In all fairness though, gameplay, A.I., and the like, should be air tight first.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #31
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Did EA invite anyone from OS to preview the new madden.
They flippin should have. I'm still P.O'd about the OS snub.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
They flippin should have. I'm still P.O'd about the OS snub.
I think that OS should be honored by the non invitation. OS wouldnt have been yelling big blow out over one feature and they would have checked for the running, db ai, ect. EA wasnt ready for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »