Home

Regret of Next Gen

This is a discussion on Regret of Next Gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #9
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Regret of Next Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I seriously hope they dont try to pull this crap tho.
me as well
Old 04-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

why would they take out Season,Hitstick,defense presnap,hot routes,Vision and precision?

Im not worried at all because I know EA will have all of that stuff in next gen.

This board thinks negative to much.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
why would they take out Season,Hitstick,defense presnap,hot routes,Vision and precision?

Im not worried at all because I know EA will have all of that stuff in next gen.

If I remember correctly somethings was taken out during the switch last gen and something were added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #12
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

How about ya'll name what was taken out and what was put back in. Would only make the whole thing better understood by the Madden Noobs who have just gotten into the game. Still, I think that's how big companies figure they'll get anywhere in the business. By removing and implementing things back at the right time to "fool" the customers into thinking that it's new and innovative. Maybe EA has gotten so many people working for it that it has no true integrity and honor?? Maybe we're reading too much into this??
Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595

Do you not remember the debacle that was the original march madness? I think Triple Play had no career mode as well.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:41 AM   #14
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I remember Madden 99 was a superior game in all facets.
Wasn't 99' the first year they used a true 3D engine? I'm pretty sure 98' was top down with sprites. If so, then they have proven in the past they can go to a new engine and produce a good game.

And wasn't 2001 the first year Madden came on the PS2? I can't recall, but was 99' PSX better than 2001 PS2 gameplay wise?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Wasn't 99' the first year they used a true 3D engine? I'm pretty sure 98' was top down with sprites. If so, then they have proven in the past they can go to a new engine and produce a good game.

And wasn't 2001 the first year Madden came on the PS2? I can't recall, but was 99' PSX better than 2001 PS2 gameplay wise?
Back in those days you had multiple football games. GD 98 sold very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #16
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

In any case, it's hard to compare - true, it was the same basic situation, but the market conditions are different and technology isn't evenly progressing, it's progressing exponentially - meaning not only is technology increasing at a faster rate each year, the tools available to utilize technology is too. With their experience and increased funding, they can tackle this with greater preperation and success. History is great at telling the future for some things, but as far as computer technology goes, I wouldn't look into it at all myself.

In other words, the last next gen move probably took up most of the development time - the gaming market is more mature now and I would imagine moving to a new console now days comes with much better preperation. The PSX to PS2 era was really only the second massive change in console to console moves for the Madden series, 3rd time lucky?

Last edited by Nza; 04-20-2005 at 11:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »