Home

If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

This is a discussion on If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

I know this is most likely off the wall and I am thrilled with what they have done this year presentation wise....love it. However it would be pretty interesting I think if they could somehow incorporate both networks. Let's say you are at the franchise hub after a game. Push the R3 button down and up comes a selection screen for weekly wrap-ups, previews that sort of thing. Well why not be able to choose what channel you want to watch, ESPN or NFL Network. This would add immensely to the presentation.
I think they have built a great base this year(again, lovin' it!) but it would be great if they really dig into the highlight/preview shows for the franchise lovers out there next year and truly utilize the licensing.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
Rookie

DENNISJR60's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I sometimes wonder the same thing.

I'm sorry, but that is still hands down the BEST ever in a football game even 5 years later. I love what Madden has done this year, but when I watch that it makes you realize how far behind Madden still is. We're over here getting excited by what Madden has done this year & it's still so far away from 2K5.

I guess now that we have people working on the game that care about making it better things will go up from here, but so close yet so far away...
Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

The point is moot because of Alex and Fran and I'm not usually prone to fits of optimism with the series but I do think it'll get better. I don't think it will be as immersive as some would like if only because after a few weeks when the freshness wears off 50% of the gamers will start skipping that stuff and I think if they're managing resources they take that into account.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

I definitely agree! This is one the reason that I'm on the fence about Madden and may stick with 2K5 for the 5th straight year. However, EA has finally taken a step into the right direction with what they have now. All they have to do is build on it presentation and it's a wrap.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNISJR60
I'm sorry, but that is still hands down the BEST ever in a football game even 5 years later. I love what Madden has done this year, but when I watch that it makes you realize how far behind Madden still is. We're over here getting excited by what Madden has done this year & it's still so far away from 2K5.

I guess now that we have people working on the game that care about making it better things will go up from here, but so close yet so far away...
I miss the Greatness of the good ole days!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
Rookie

Eastsidestory5's Arena

OVR: 1

I have to wonder if Ian and crew have seen that 2k5 Video posted.

I like the stride they made this year, hopefully next year they can make a nice one in presentation as well.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I sometimes wonder the same thing.

Wow just wow! This single handedly made me want to play 2k5 and ditch madden! Why madden??? I can only imagine what 2k could have done. All pro 2k8 would have been 2k6 with better presentation! Could you imagine that??? OMG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks guys I am not sure if eapsorts understands the importance of presentation from a simulation. Adding the right preanetation stats and opinions based on the A.I. keeps it fresh every game every franchise or dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »