Home

If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

This is a discussion on If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
EA only bought the ESPN license so 2k or TAKE two wont be able to use. the exclusive might have a good business ordeal but the espn license was a ***** ordeal.
Exactly! There was an interview a few years back that said EA thinks they can do presentation better then ESPN and saw no need to use integration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

I, like many others on this board, have high hopes (and expect) to see this in Madden 11. I'm glad Ian is the lead producer on this, I see Ian as someone that expects as much from the game as this community does.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #27
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes, PLease for the love of god EA Beat 2k5's presentation next year please so we can stop talking about it. I sit at home and still play 2k5, I cant wait until 2k5 feels "old" right now with updated rosters it still feels fresh especially after playing Madden.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Fusion
I, like many others on this board, have high hopes (and expect) to see this in Madden 11. I'm glad Ian is the lead producer on this, I see Ian as someone that expects as much from the game as this community does.
I really hope so.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #29
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They know how important it is.

Ian already explained about the half-time and post game shows.

They added a lot of things this year and instead of having no half-time and post game show, we have what we have now. Now, after Madden 10, they can build on that.

As Ian said, Madden 10 is laying down the foundation for upcoming Maddens.

I dont agree with you 100% there bro. I say this because they used real "actors" and not voice or animation. They arent going to take the footage they already captured and re use it. This means if they are going to make better post/halftime shows and a better weekly highlight show,etc they basically have to start from scratch again.

If they had just audio kind of like how espn 2k5 had it, they could build and build by adding new commentary to existing. Unfortunately for us, there isnt much to "build on" as they will give us the same next year as it is this year, or more of what 2k had but that will become the "starting point"
Old 08-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre100672
I am loving the idea of the halftime show and the half point idea but why don't they use the real NFL analyst from espn and the NFL network to host and commentate? They had faulk in 08 but that was a Joke I would like to see a virtual espn sportscenter or NFL network broadcast team.

Man I am scratching my head too on this matter. They pay all this money and don't use the license(s) fully!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 37

Stop saying the "maybe in Madden 11" line. We all know that next year the big focus will be revamping the franchise mode (pre-season, post season, free agents, draft, etc.). The goal will be to get the head coach feel and presentation will go down the list becuase it got such attention this year.

Last edited by JAYMO76; 08-07-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Seeing that NFL2K vid makes me sad. Unbelievable after all these years that EA STILL can't touch that game. WTF?! I saw a vid of EA's new "Extra Point" show and it is a friggin' JOKE!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »