Home

If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

This is a discussion on If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #41
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Two things stand out to me in the half-time video:

1. "Now let's look st the highlights of YOUR GAME..." This drives me crazy... can we at least name the teams??? I know it's a minor pet peeve but I find it irritating.
Do you have to put a Canadian Flag in every single one of your posts? I know it's a minor pet peeve but I find it irritating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 AM   #42
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Fusion
I, like many others on this board, have high hopes (and expect) to see this in Madden 11. I'm glad Ian is the lead producer on this, I see Ian as someone that expects as much from the game as this community does.
if they dont by next year they never will
Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 11

Oh my, I hope EA will do better for Madden 11. It's not even close!! 2K5 is by far the best even without the ESPN logos.

That's why I didn't understand what the hype was with Madden's 10 presentation and people here kept saying how great is was going to be. From what EA showed at E3, it wasn't all that.....very dissapointing...

oh well, there is always next year!!...again!!

peace
Old 08-07-2009, 06:01 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
Oh my, I hope EA will do better for Madden 11. It's not even close!! 2K5 is by far the best even without the ESPN logos.

That's why I didn't understand what the hype was with Madden's 10 presentation and people here kept saying how great is was going to be. From what EA showed at E3, it wasn't all that.....very dissapointing...

oh well, there is always next year!!...again!!

peace
Youve got to be kidding me.

THIS is why EA can never win, because even when they make huge strides, there are people that basically choose to dismiss it.

The presentation has taken a MAJOR leap. Saying otherwise is completely ignorant. Is it where it SHOULD be? No, but the presentation is definitely much much improved over last year.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia

THIS is why EA can never win, because even when they make huge strides, there are people that basically choose to dismiss it.

The presentation has taken a MAJOR leap. Saying otherwise is completely ignorant. Is it where it SHOULD be? No, but the presentation is definitely much much improved over last year.
But that's exactly what's being said: It ain't where it SHOULD BE.

With all of the love and praise EA is getting from people, I think it's a good thing that someone's reminding them that they're still playing catch-up.

I'm this close to giving up on Madden. I play Madden for the PC now, where people have created great tools to help update the game and give it even more flair than it ever had - the stadiums are better, the uniforms are accurate, you can edit anything, etc... - and I just shake my head when I see what EA has offered the platforms for this gen, year after year, an how much more they could've gotten done had they just stuck with making a good football game & not try to re-invent the wheel i.e.Madden (06-09).

I want to see a great game just like everyone else, but I have a feeling EA will be spending the next couple of years trying to catch up to the quality of football gaming from five years ago...and that's IF they just stick to making a good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #46
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

It's a good foundation. It still feels like a demo version of the presentation/halftime show. It doesn't feel like it's worth 60 bones when that stuff was done last gen by another company.

EA Tiburon constantly (on 360 gen) makes me feel like I pay for demo technology. A lot of their features are halfway finished. If you're going to release unfinished games, don't charge me full price!

-----------------------

RE: "YOUR GAME". I also hate that. Just don't even say that. Just end the sentence after "highlights" as in ""Now let's look st the highlights".
Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre100672
I am loving the idea of the halftime show and the half point idea but why don't they use the real NFL analyst from espn and the NFL network to host and commentate? They had faulk in 08 but that was a Joke I would like to see a virtual espn sportscenter or NFL network broadcast team.
They have no competition to push them to do so. 2k was doing it. So they just bought the ESPN license and sat on it.

Lack of competition = lackluster effort. Plain and simple.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

I understand what you are saying. Yes, they have improved the presentation from last year, of course..they had too! But it should have been way ahead by now. It should have surpassed 2K5's presentation a long time ago.

I know it's not important but they still don't even have scores from around the league ticker while playing the game in you're franchise. That should have been easy to add. And I see that on a NFL Sunday games, one of their hyped feature themes.

it's still a good fun football game to play..right?...that's all that matters anyway.

peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »