Home

If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

This is a discussion on If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #33
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I dont agree with you 100% there bro. I say this because they used real "actors" and not voice or animation. They arent going to take the footage they already captured and re use it. This means if they are going to make better post/halftime shows and a better weekly highlight show,etc they basically have to start from scratch again.

If they had just audio kind of like how espn 2k5 had it, they could build and build by adding new commentary to existing. Unfortunately for us, there isnt much to "build on" as they will give us the same next year as it is this year, or more of what 2k had but that will become the "starting point"
You don't have to believe me 100%.

Just don't kill the messenger.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: If Madden and easports have Nfl rights why no NFL network and espn intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I sometimes wonder the same thing.

Good GOD!!! I should NOT have watched that, I had forgotten just how great a job that game did at that presentation
Old 08-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

I want the FOX, CBS, NBC and ESPN logos, scoreboards, game intros and theme music for the appropriate games.

Maybe even have the lead announcers: Tirico and Jaws, Buck and Aikman, Michaels and Collinsworth, Nantz and Simms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #36
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Before you can say NFL 2k5, you have to say ESPN. The game touts ESPN very much, but Madden is different, especially considering the NFL exclusivity license. ESPN and NFL Network are rivals, so what we have now is pretty good for a Madden game.

The Extra Point Franchise Show:

The Extra Point Halftime Show:

Is a FOUNDATION and should be embraced by long-time Madden players because it is something that haven't been in Madden since the 90's. Madden has their way of doing it, and so does 2k, it's turducken!

Last edited by MattIntellect; 08-06-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

I've wondered this myself. The only thing I can come up with is that they don't want to spend a bunch of time integrating ESPN stuff only to have the license expire and have ESPN ask for a bunch more money. Then they'd have to go backwards or pay up. Once they opened that door it would get expensive to keep. If they just barely use it and keep it away from other developers, they hold all the cards. Just a random thought, but what else do we have for answers?

Personally, I'd say 100% NFLN and say FU to ESPN, so I like the current direction.

Last edited by Crawi; 08-06-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #38
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You don't have to believe me 100%.

Just don't kill the messenger.

what do you mean believe you? I didn't say anything about believing you. Did you read what I said?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
what do you mean believe you? I didn't say anything about believing you. Did you read what I said?
Yeah, you said you don't agree 100% with me.

My comments are based on Ian's comments.

I'll just say, then, if you don't agree with me 100%, you aren't agreeing with Ian 100%.

I'm not agreeing with you on you don't feel that Madden will improve on Madden 10's presentation of their half time and post game shows.

I'll take Ian's word at this time.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:51 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Before you can say NFL 2k5, you have to say ESPN. The game touts ESPN very much, but Madden is different, especially considering the NFL exclusivity license. ESPN and NFL Network are rivals, so what we have now is pretty good for a Madden game.

The Extra Point Franchise Show:

The Extra Point Halftime Show:

Is a FOUNDATION and should be embraced by long-time Madden players because it is something that haven't been in Madden since the 90's. Madden has their way of doing it, and so does 2k, it's turducken!
Two things stand out to me in the half-time video:

1. "Now let's look st the highlights of YOUR GAME..." This drives me crazy... can we at least name the teams??? I know it's a minor pet peeve but I find it irritating.

2. Run game... Miami has -1 yard rushing at the half... Is the run game fixed in 2010 or is it just like last year???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »