Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I'm really enjoying my franchise. In my first season with the Skins, JC went down so I played with the innaccurate Colt Brennan. My passing game was awful, but CP had 1200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl. I went 10-6 and won the wild-card game, but ended up losing to the Cardinals. They passed so well so early in the game, so I had to pass. It wasn't pretty.

My second year, CP really struggled. I think he had maybe 600 yards. I brought in James Davis (from Cleveland) and he played well in the #2 spot. I moved him to #1 for a few games, but he struggled and Portis spelled him well. So, first playoff game I started Portis and he got hurt. Broken collar bone. Done for the year. Fortunately, I drafted a pretty good QB and got to the Super Bowl with very little ground game. Lost to the Pats and their high-scoring offense. Damn that Wes Welker.

After that loss, I drafted Dez Bryant with my round 1 pick (not sure how he dropped, although he's only 68 OVR). Then I traded for JQ Shipley from Texas who is the perfect slot receiver. This season has been pretty great. I'm 7-1. I've had some blowouts (I put up 52 on the Cowboys) and I've had some really close games (the Cardinals now have Matt Hasslebeck. I won by one point.) My only loss was the last game I played yesterday. It was to the Ravens. Ray Rice was running all over the place. Had over 150 rushing and a nice 75+ yard TD off a screen pass. Their d-line crushed me and Flacco aired it out pretty good. They had my defense on their heals for most of the game. Lost 31-17.

All in all I'm happy with this years Madden. It's really enjoyable for me still.
Ravens also kicked my butt, they shut my rush down.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

I also scout for the Raiders and the Rams because I thought I was good at drafting but I did really bad for the Rams I think my highest pot was a C, then I did ok for the Raiders.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

OVR: 4

hey guys,

All of your franchises look interesting, I have always wanted to start (and keep) a franchise like that for a long period of time. My problem is choosing a team. I CAN'T DECIDE! I need your help, I have a few teams in mind. I know pretty much everyone on the Steelers because they are my favorite team. But, I want to be a team in the rebuilding process. Here are some of my ideas: Rams, Bucs, Redskins, Bills, Panthers, Raiders, 49ers. Please help me out, other team suggestions will be accepted. THANKS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

Pick all the teams that way when you get tired of one team you can move to another. The only difference is there are no trades. You can make any trade you want and if you want to keep your franchise up to date you can. I think this is the best way to keep your franchise fresh. I move players as I see fit and If there is a team with good players backing up starters that are not going any where. I keep everything fair and I have a good time.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX UnLeaSheD
hey guys,

All of your franchises look interesting, I have always wanted to start (and keep) a franchise like that for a long period of time. My problem is choosing a team. I CAN'T DECIDE! I need your help, I have a few teams in mind. I know pretty much everyone on the Steelers because they are my favorite team. But, I want to be a team in the rebuilding process. Here are some of my ideas: Rams, Bucs, Redskins, Bills, Panthers, Raiders, 49ers. Please help me out, other team suggestions will be accepted. THANKS!
Depends on what intangibles you are looking for. I like to use a team that plays outdoors in the elements and has a solid schedule. I am using the Panthers because I like to run the ball and they have one of the most dangerous tandems in the NFL.

You could also give KC or Detroit a look...
Old 10-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #14
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

OVR: 4

KC could be a good one.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3

My favorite way to play is doing a created team with cupcake/FA's.

First year, went 1-15 playing 12/16 games. Very difficult on my sliders, and I barely squeeked out the win against the Rams in like week 4. Gradkowski was a fairly decent QB for me, replacing Andrew Walter after the 3rd week.

In the off season, I re-signed all my O-lineman, paying a couple upwards of 35M. Franchise tagged one, and traded him for a 3rd round pick. Traded 81 ovr TE for a 2nd round pick.

Free agency, just went for depth and quality players. Got Ken Lucas, Kevin Burnett, Larry Foote, and someone else.

Draft day, I have 1 first round pick, 2 second rounders, 3 third rounders, 1 fourth rounder, 2 fifth rounders. 1st round, I take Colt McCoy (78 ovr) 2nd round, Jordan Shipley (69 ovr) and Geno Atkins (65 ovr) I mainly went for BPA at depth on defense.

Signed Reggie Bush, Lito Sheppard before week 1 pre-season

This coming off-season I'll probably look to beef up my linebacking core (both OLB's [Bruce Davis and Marcus Freeman are like 69 ovr])
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

BTW...the Bucs drafted Tebow in my 2nd season and he suffered a career ending knee injury in the first week of the season.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »