Home

Defensive Ends and OLB's

This is a discussion on Defensive Ends and OLB's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Defensive Ends and OLB's

yep the Qbs are floating around again back there and the OLbs are determined to dance with OL before they want to make a play

I wonder whats holding up this aspect of the game the most???

A. Animations aren't there or aren't good enough
B. They're logic is still too simple and nanos would take over
C Design Decision....they're afraid of irking the Run and Chuck Cheesers who make up most everybody Online

My bet is on C....which of course ticks me off

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

oh lawd, lbz is my man when it comes to this. the game of football is one in the trenches, madden needs to replicate this. the rest of the game will flow perfectly when a true pocket is set. im skeptical of the preview when it said that line interactions are much betternow cause of the locomotion, but when you see gameplay video in drew brees interview its still the same garbage from last year.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Good find LBz.

This is critical to implement in Madden!!!

Johnny Jolly played LE in the Packers 3-4 and he was the only one to get pressure consistently.

The outside LB's need more sacks in the 3-4!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
yep the Qbs are floating around again back there and the OLbs are determined to dance with OL before they want to make a play

I wonder whats holding up this aspect of the game the most???

A. Animations aren't there or aren't good enough
B. They're logic is still too simple and nanos would take over
C Design Decision....they're afraid of irking the Run and Chuck Cheesers who make up most everybody Online

My bet is on C....which of course ticks me off
I would say the logic/pathing of the DE is the only real issue. The animations are there (I think), the DE needs to try to arc versus run straight into the tackle.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

LB you are a poster who I respect the most on this forum. I can say that you know what you are talking about in every topic that you post on. But in saying that you can get your desired pass rush in a 4 man DL. All you have to do is spread your DL and re blitz your DE's...Its not 100% the same but is close enough. ANd you can spread your DL anc crash them out. But they go too far out for my taste but they take away 90% of any scrambling chance from the QB.....But the only problem with Madden 10 is that the CPU doesnt have the ability to do this themselves, so my idea is to have adaptive AI change the DE's rush (as mentioned above) on passing downs....WHich looks possible in madden 12 with the addition of gameflow this year...thats just my 2 cents
Old 04-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

The last play around the 7 min mark is a perfect example of what a speed rush should look like. Gets off the ball quick, gets up field, tackle slides to get hands on him but can't knock him off, BAM Qb is done. Nice vid.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree, please fix. This is the only way a QB will really have to fear a guy like Freeney coming off the edge.

This is also a great way for a guy like Freeney to be taken out of running plays (just like real life).

While we're at it, I think we need to see a separation in pass vs run stop abilities. The top NTs have good BSH and PWR moves so they can be a force vs the pass in the game. Freeney can be a force vs the run because of his High Finesse rating. I want to see these things separated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
They should at the very least add a defensive line call to the exisiting line calls that tells the dline to have the DE's rush up field like LB has demonstrated and have the DT's push the pocket.

The balance for this call would be off tackle/ B gap runs would be more effective when this line call is made and also draw plays.
This right here! NFL teams love to run the ball at guys like Jared Allen who make aggressive pass-rush moves really often. Part of making players distinct is giving them strengths and weaknesses. If pass and run defense are played identically, it's much harder to make players feel distinct and specialized.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »