Home

Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #57
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is to RynoAid and RedzoneD25(now that I finally figured out who you are)

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but aren't most of the thoughts and ideas for Madden 13 already in motion and mapped out? I would think most of the suggestions in this thread are for Madden 14 and beyond.

I'm thinking they will share with you what is in store for Madden 13 and you are there to tweak and help out identify bugs that are currently in Madden 13 and make some suggestions that might be able to make it for 13.

There might be a few suggestions that might be able to be implemented in the next few months.(I think April around draft times it's in beta)

Again, not trying to be a buzz saw, just looking for clarification based on past CD events.
I would say for the most part that you are right... the feature set is being finalized and game play is in usually around alpha. But there are still a ton of things we can impact.

How they implement a feature, the functionality of that feature... feedback can go along way in letting them know if they are going the right direction on something or need to look at it a different way. That's why i think even the little suggestions you guys make are important. We might be in a direct position to influence someones sound quality issue or a franchise bug not previously discovered.

Yes, the NEW ideas we bring that they may have not been exposed to are most likely never going to make the dev. cycle. But the point here is, nobody knows what's made into 13 yet.. so as you describe what you want, if that feature is in this year, there may be something about your specific idea of implementation that we can take with us that WILL be useful this year.

You never know.. that's what I've come to understand, you just never know when something you say or present will catch on.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

Last edited by RynoAid; 02-01-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #58
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Being that I am mostly an online player bring back fair play online rules.

For online franchise mode, I would like to FINALLY have the correct salaries with a working contract negotiation portion of online franchise. Having to use a 3rd party website to complete a portion of gaming that should have come fully functional with the game doesn't exactly make many people feel great about a future product

sent from the clown in your closet
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #59
Rookie

I_Pierre's Arena

OVR: 0

I would like to see animation changes at the line of scrimmage. I know it's small. But, it's the little things that drive me nuts. LOS animations are something that we have to see before every play. So, it's worth improving. Here's a few things that i would recommend...

Madden 12

- Offensive lineman simultaneously
get into their stance

- Offensive lineman get into position
as individuals. Five different animations that play
out anywhere from 1-2 secs apart

-Everybody appears to be frozen

-Add an exaggerated sway to the players and the receivers arms.
Trust me on this one.

- When players go in motion.. the running is way too PERFECT.

- Turn it into more of a lazy jog. Also, make the player form like a half circle when going in motion rather than going in a straight line.

- Sometimes, when the receiver gets close to his new location, he begins to do like a sidestep and then looks back at his QB

- ALL of the audible animations are extremely robotic

- Once again, slow down the animations and exaggerate the movement.

-WR's take off at the exact same time

-Adding a 1/2 second differential will do the trick

Thats all i have for now. But, as I said, this is the start of every play. So, it has to be done right.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #60
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I know the cd members can't go into detail about what's new for Madden 13 so I'd just like opinions on how the game actually plays this year...particularly from guys who haven't necessarily liked the past couple games.

Has EA invited any "naysayers" to this years event?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #61
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

A huge addition for both offline and online franchises- Players and rookies of the week should be displayed at the main franchise menu each week on one side and then maybe league leaders on the other side. I hate having to go through five worthless menus to get to stats. It would be so much easier to just click over from the franchise home page if I wanted to expand either category.

They could also add (if they have room) a place on the home page for the top five players in the running for MVP and maybe top five draft prospects and a list of up coming UFA, power rankings, and match-up of the week. Bottom line- the franchise homepage needs to provide relevant data and still be functional. This is something I believe they could implement into M13 that wouldn't take a ton of work on their part.

The ball trajectory is a huge issue as other users have noted and can't be stressed enough. I have a feeling though that this is an issue more so with the game engine then Tiburon being able to fix it.

Last edited by ABR173rd; 02-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #62
MVP

BezO's Arena

Will they be adding engaged player mobility? For example, a blocker riding a defender flowing towards a play. Desparately needed for outside runs & edge rushing.

Will they be adding gap & contain assignments?

Will they be improving special teams making it as important & involved as offense & defense?

Will they be adding a significant number of signature animations?

Will they be adding realistic foot planting?

Will they be tiering the defensive playbook?

Enjoy the event! I had a ball in '09 & '10.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #63
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by turducken34
Improved weather in off-line franchise. (shouldn't be 55 degrees in northeast in late January!), and......presentation upgrades!- give us a post game wrap-up and weekly NFL wrap-up program!...helps the immersion IMO.
not true.... been 60 degrees in phila at least 2 times a week since jan. Rather mild winter when we should normal be below freezing. I can't complain though it's keeping the heating bill down. I get what your saying though. More random weather and the ability to change the weather setting during franchise would be ideal.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #64
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Ask if the offensive formation details displayed to the defense after the play call in Madden can include the personnel numbers and grouping like they do in NCAA.

NCAA
NCAAdisplay.jpg

Madden
Maddendisplay1.JPG
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »