Home

Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #73
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I know the cd members can't go into detail about what's new for Madden 13 so I'd just like opinions on how the game actually plays this year...particularly from guys who haven't necessarily liked the past couple games.

Has EA invited any "naysayers" to this years event?
Shot!?! LOL

I think the argument could be made that they hosted a group of 'naysayers' when they invited OS members in 2009 & 2010 (including myself). As it turns out, we both know you're still not a fan of the current Madden series.

The only thing I'm attempting to suggest is that having the presence of 'naysayers' does not absolutely equal a productive Community Day. Same goes for people that are 'yes men'.

I think you need people who can comfortably voice criticism, no doubt. But you also need people that get a certain enjoyment from Madden as is and possess reasonable expectations of what can/can't be accomplished between then and August. Otherwise, you're probably providing feedback that can't immediately be acted on.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by RGiles36; 02-01-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
My question is how many community days have we had and EA invite people from these boards? Bezo, rgile and others have been too these things and how much influence have there insights been? Rgile loves presentation from my history on these boards and look at Madden12 presentation, take out the broadcast cameras and intros, what else is there? Why do these guys invite us there and the development is already in alpha, so the core is already place. why don't they invite guys right at the initial meetings for feedback? I'm sure over the years, EA has heard plenty from the community as far as presentation and gameplay from individuals from these boards, but yet look at what where getting and it puzzles me who they listening too. I hope CAM is different, because Ian and Phil had there own agenda in mind. If anyone disagrees, look at the proof in gameplay and presentation that we have now. To me it's like a publicity stunt, but I could be wrong, let's hope these guys and listening for a change. If not we might be getting MADDEN12.5
Well... My first Community Day was held in May when much of the game was already finished. This year it will be in February. That's plenty of time to see what's already been done versus what else they are going to do with it.

Regarding the agenda of Phil and Ian, I can attest to what I saw in Phil's eyes when I was talking to him. Passion! While I got the same feeling from Ian, it wasn't as intense as it was with Phil.

I look forward to what I see in Cam Weber's eyes, if hes available. Actually, I look forward to meeting anyone that's excited about the Madden series.

Later
Old 02-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 0

My only hope is that "progress" to whats been stated from last years CD and the one you guys are going to now are implemented in the game you guys get to play or will be when its released.

I wish someone would post a video of all this as a "focus group" type of thing for the fans to watch and listen. The "Marketing" aspect of all this is really moot at this point, I still dont understand embargoes on an EXCLUSIVE SPORTS GAME (monopolized for now) but that may just be me.

COD could still sell tons and release every detail about the game a year before release, I just dont get why madden has to do this HYPE thing each and every year as if we are really getting something new besides rosters and a feature or 2.

I think madden could benefit form a focused group of players and have like its own dedicated forum to post in with dev interaction and all. From there weed out the bad apples and go from there. Send and email with the latest update to a topic in the thread so all participants can know and give their feedback or whatever constructively as possible!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Shot!?! LOL

I think the argument could be made that they hosted a group of 'naysayers' when they invited OS members in 2009 & 2010 (including myself). As it turns out, we both know you're still not a fan of the current Madden series.

The only thing I'm attempting to suggest is that having the presence of 'naysayers' does not absolutely equal a productive Community Day. Same goes for people that are 'yes men'.

I think you need people who can comfortably voice criticism, no doubt. But you also need people that get a certain enjoyment from Madden as is and possess reasonable expectations of what can/can't be accomplished between then and August. Otherwise, you're probably providing feedback that can't immediately be acted on.

Just my 2 cents...
Expect to see me voice several criticisms and agreements... I agree, you must have differing perspectives in the same room to satisfy a community as diverse at Madden's.

It will be enlightening, to say the least.

Later
Old 02-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

It would be nice to know some first hand opinions from the devs on why there has been a 13 year old wishlist and stuff from back then still hasnt made it into madden in this day and age.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 25
There is a really good article from Grantland on that posted on these forums. True stories

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 25
Everyone would love to that as well, but its bad business to release information on the next product while you have one on the shelves still selling heavily. I assume they will release a few small tidbits of info around draft time and then come june/July we will get the full picture.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #80
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Shot!?! LOL

Just my 2 cents...
It's not a shot and I'm not disagreeing with needing a variety of Madden players. For me, the value of community day comes from getting initial impressions from people who have played the game. I'm not going to be able to provide any feedback and the cd invitees aren't going to give specifics when they get back.

That said, someone like TNT makes no apologies for absolutely loving everything Madden and I respect that. However, his first impression of Madden 13 will not provide any insight to someone like me. On the other hand, PGaither was a member who was a fan, but also had found Madden to haven gotten stale. His reaction to the game at community day was all I really needed. It wasn't enough of an improvement for him and I found it matched my opinion of the game perfectly when I was able to get my hands on it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »