Home

How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

This is a discussion on How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #49
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTriiipZx
What makes it difficult is the open definition of "sim" play.

Every single person has a different belief of what sim play is. You may play somebody that you felt did some cheesy crap the entire game but he felt it was 100% sim.

Outside of leagues, it's difficult to trust hoping into a game (even with the users here at OS) and know what you are walking into.
In my mind there is only one definition of Sim play. If it happens in NFL games on Sunday you can do it in Madden. Now this does NOT mean that if a team opens the second half with an onside kick that you can now do that on every single kickoff, it means it was done one time during the game on Sunday, so you can do it on time in your game of Madden.

When I play Madden online I play it like I'm coaching an NFL team in real life. 9 times out of 10 I can get a first down on 4th and short, but I punt because in real life that is what an NFL team would do.

The problem with online play is some people just can not except anything but winning and they think their Madden record means something, when in reality it means nothing.

I must admit I am proud of my Madden 12 online record, it's still 0-0. Never played one game online last year, first time ever. That is how bad it has become.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
In my mind there is only one definition of Sim play. If it happens in NFL games on Sunday you can do it in Madden. Now this does NOT mean that if a team opens the second half with an onside kick that you can now do that on every single kickoff, it means it was done one time during the game on Sunday, so you can do it on time in your game of Madden.

When I play Madden online I play it like I'm coaching an NFL team in real life. 9 times out of 10 I can get a first down on 4th and short, but I punt because in real life that is what an NFL team would do.

The problem with online play is some people just can not except anything but winning and they think their Madden record means something, when in reality it means nothing.

I must admit I am proud of my Madden 12 online record, it's still 0-0. Never played one game online last year, first time ever. That is how bad it has become.
I would say be careful with that. That's still very broad and you can do some things that teams do in the NFL and people will still complain. I think part of it is some people's only exposure to the NFL is their local team. And their local team doesn't do what every team does and they might not have another frame of reference for what happens in the NFL. Let me give an example that I've never understood EVER, namely, Utilizing the Man in Motion. Madden and NCAA also have auto Motion plays where someone goes in motion prior to the snap. Now I don't like it on Isolation plays. I think that's lame. However, WR's are often used to seal off the back side on run plays. Most sim leagues would have a problem with that though.

On pass plays often times teams in real life use motion to improve the position of the man in motion on his release point, namely so that he will not get pressed on the line of scrimmage. Again, most leagues will be against you doing it manually, but will allow you to run the auto-motion plays? I'm confused, they = same thing - Receiver getting a better release point. But because free style guys have used it in a particular way, some people get rather extreme and say this should not be used at all. I just comply because I don't like hearing guys whine and the other word. It's still pretty broad when you say as long as a team does it on Sunday. Granted, there might be some things in the game (Madden) that a team does on Sunday that might result in something being exploited and that's a pretty big deal in a very interesting way. We have to get a handle on what those things are up front and then work as best we can around them.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #51
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe that it should be grouped by your skill levels. Those new to the game vs those new to the game. Not those new vs those who played since madden started. Or ask them. If someone lies it will be easy because either they will always win or they will never win. I vote for a player skill based franchise. IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #52
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

i am ok with this idea actually. seeing as i'm kinda new to this here place it would give me a chance to interact with people outside of the forums.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 07-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #53
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Good luck to you guys.

It took us quite a while to get TSO to the point where the community policed itself. That's the key, you have to have expectations and they be merciless when they aren't met, then you have to enforce those expectations en masse.

Honestly, it helps if you are kind of a a-hole.=)
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #54
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Icon14 Re: How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Good luck to you guys.

It took us quite a while to get TSO to the point where the community policed itself. That's the key, you have to have expectations and they be merciless when they aren't met, then you have to enforce those expectations en masse.

Very well said.

TSO is fantastic!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #55
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Good luck to you guys.

Tradition Sports ftw! The biggest challenge is coming to a consensus as far as gameplay and overall expectations are concerned. It definitely takes a while to create that culture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't mean to sway the topic but I'm usually at work so I have enough time to read but little to post.(call center job) I'm loving what I'm reading though and honestly feel to old n have the same "fun" gameplay complaints about ea compared to the realism the sliders and users actually make the game. I have a ps3 with psn jax_jaguars904 and want to join a coach only and player only league n I don't have to much time to find the right thread or whatnot but can someone tell me either who to add online or where exactly to go if that's the only option so I can stop playin the kid mindset gamers n join the adult community lol

jax_jaguars904 voice via tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »