Home

How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

This is a discussion on How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
What would you do to make online play more inclusive?
I would like to see variations of Online Ranked similar to how there are variations of Texas Hold'em in online poker. Maybe a "hardcore" online ranked like they had a couple years ago, without the extra cost involved where the difficulty is set to All-Madden, factory tuned for realism instead of "fun".

I have been asking for a simulation setting for sometime, to no avail, so seeing as they added the Online communities with slider sets, I don't see why the devs can't provide a realistic tuned as possible hardcore online ranked mode. The devs are well aware of the unrealistic aspects of the current preplay adjustment system, so limiting or disabling those aspects in a Hardcore online ranked mode would be nice too.

That said, like Jfsolo stated to me another thread, creating a hardcore online ranked mode with optimal realism would be admitting that the current online ranked mode and the default game play are NOT tuned for optimal realism but for "fun", ie success, imo, so I guess it is what is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #42
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
What would you do to make online play more inclusive?
Matchmaking that actually works. Peer reviews that mean something. Proper scouting. Allowing people to quit a game and take an L. Custom lobbies with custom rules. Beginner lobbies. Full replays of games including being able to see which plays your opponent picked as well as their hot routes. Ghost profiles that allow you to simulate certain plays and gameplan against them.

That would be a good start.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #43
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

I don't know what we have to do to make it work this time around, but I'm all for trying to get the OS Community rolling again for Madden 13.

When I joined Online Franchises in Madden 10 it changed the way I played Madden that I can't really enjoy playing the CPU anymore. Playing against humans adds that chess game that football is all about. The problem with online play is "lobby games" are a joke, and unless you're willing to commit to 3+ Online Franchises, you're stuck playing just one game every few days.

The OS Community was a great remedy to that problem last year. I'll admit that at times I played guys who had different ideas of "sim" than myself, but in the end I only had one or two truly bad experiences, and Millenium took care of them as they popped up. It turned out to be a great way to just "pick up and play" Madden against sim gamers without any commitments. I loved it. Unfortunately after the first couple weeks, it became difficult to find anyone to play and it seemed to die off fast.

Hopefully OS plans on doing the Community thing again this season. I don't know really what the downfall was, but I'd be willing to help out in any way if needed to get it rolling. I'd rather be apart of one main online franchise and supplement it for playing random games against other OS Sim guys than trying to join and juggle 2-4 online franchises at a time to get my Madden fix.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 07-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #44
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

TimmeH, I think that the OS Community might be able to sustain this time. I think the time constraints of the Online CCM will limit the number that people are in, but the desire to compete may keep them coming back. If online communities had damn lobbies it would be 1000X easier to find a match too.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #45
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
TimmeH, I think that the OS Community might be able to sustain this time. I think the time constraints of the Online CCM will limit the number that people are in, but the desire to compete may keep them coming back. If online communities had damn lobbies it would be 1000X easier to find a match too.
Lobbies would be nice, or even the option to search who's online in the community that isn't in a game that you could message them and send an invite. If I remember correctly, there was no easy way to find who was online in the community, and "Play Now" was the only way to really get a game going. Worked fine when it was busy, but at odd times of the day or late at night it made it tough.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #46
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

As I said before Big FN, I will be down to help out if this happens
M16 Sim Style Sliders by Blue Ninja
My Twitch Stream
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 0

If anyone wants to join a sim club send me a private message. We have been around since 03 and always take on new people at the start of a new game.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
If anyone wants to join a sim club send me a private message. We have been around since 03 and always take on new people at the start of a new game.
Does your sim club have an online community and online slider sets?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »