Home

Pre-determined Outcomes (A.K.A. Super Linebackers) in M13

This is a discussion on Pre-determined Outcomes (A.K.A. Super Linebackers) in M13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #49
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Pre-determined Outcomes (A.K.A. Super Linebackers) in M13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is what I wanted to touch on right here. I remember in the webcast describing the different trajectories they said they had changed the button mechanic so it was about how long you held it instead how hard you pressed it. I loved hearing that because I had felt for a while that was the best way to clearly have a distinction between bullet, touch and lob. However, in the demo, the ball still seems to be thrown as soon as I press the button, not when I release the button as described. Now I haven't practiced this extensively enough to say it's not working as described, that's just how it seems in the few times I have played the demo.
Perhaps it's because I played NCAA 13 and got some serious play time in for the new passing, but I do not have these issues.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 5

All I can say is I can't wait for these people to post videos. I think it is a lot of exaggeration. Until you have video evidence I say you guys rest your case.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #51
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I have always called things like I see it, and I have no reason to state this besides the fact it bugs me when it happens:

If by super linebackers you mean a LB who jumps super, super high in the air to make a pick then I have seen both super LB's and even super CB's this year in the demo version. Now, it is very rare. maybe 1 time every 2-3 games depending on how often you pass, but it still is there.

I had a LB intercept it about 20 yards away from the receiver! I saw a cb grab one off me at at least 15 yards and it was really unrealistic looking too.

I actually thought of making a thread with this topic awhile back. Glad I didn't do it cause some of you guys fight so hard for Madden you loose track of the point of this forum. This issue doesn't happen much, but when it does it looks horrible. I would like it fixed. No more defensive players jumping 15 ft in the air.
That's interesting Wheel, so do you think it was the players jumping unrealistically high, the pass being thrown too low or both? I guess the real question is what did the devs mean by "super linebackers" when they say they removed them. Did they mean the unrealistic reaction times, jumping high or what?

I know the devs stated read and react was meant to remove the "physic DB" and I think the pass trajectories were their fix for "super LBs", so that implies it was about the LBs being able to reach passes. It doesn't seem the intent was to address the LBs themselves but to allow Users to keep passes consistently out of reach of those LBs. So if we don't throw the correct type passes over the LBs, they can evidently still do the same things they could in M12.

I think that's what we all need to understand is player movement, including transitional animations tied with movement, have NOT been addressed yet but in the meantime we do have more pass trajectories to avoid "super LB" animations from triggering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #52
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
All I can say is I can't wait for these people to post videos. I think it is a lot of exaggeration. Until you have video evidence I say you guys rest your case.
That's fair as far as I'm concerned. To be honest, I hope no videos ever surface because that would mean it doesn't exist.

But again, my issue isn't with the generalized concept of "super linebackers."

I think super linebackers is/was a symptom of the real issue -- pre-determined outcome programming logic.

If I see video of it, don't expect it to be some LBs jumping or gliding throught he air like a Hollywood action stunt.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
I'm hoping it's not in the retail version at all personally.

I wont have the game to check it until the zoom cam issue in CCM gets patched.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #54
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Perhaps it's because I played NCAA 13 and got some serious play time in for the new passing, but I do not have these issues.
I don't doubt it because like I stated , I have not practiced it a lot. Let me ask you, do you notice in NCAA 13 or M13 demo, that your passes in fact are NOT thrown until you release the button?

For me it seems that the button mechanic is working the same as last year, in the sense that passes are being determined by the button press, not the hold and release as described. I have not noticed yet that if I hold the button down, the pass does not release until I release the button but the pass seems to be thrown when I press the button.

Hopefully you know what I am talking about and I won't need to post the webcast describing the mechanic.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #55
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I have played the demo a ton and have yet to see "super linebackers".

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

On that video that played earlier, I've seen Urlacher make that play so many times on that int.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »