Home

CCM twitter and stories

This is a discussion on CCM twitter and stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: CCM twitter and stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit
That's what you and I want, yes. But they're gearing towards the casual fans - they know Twitter is a hot commodity.

"OMG TWITTER!! LOL THIS IS SO COOL, LIL WAYNE!!!" only an example, lol
But do you the sim/franchise guys really care more about Twitter feeds and headlines than having a weekly wrap up show that would basically do the same thing but with game highlights to watch? I know I'd take that 100 times over than twitter feeds. Video is always better than text.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
But do you the sim/franchise guys really care more about Twitter feeds and headlines than having a weekly wrap up show that would basically do the same thing but with game highlights to watch? I know I'd take that 100 times over than twitter feeds. Video is always better than text.
Honestly, I prefer the twitter updates regardless of the repetition over the way weekly wrap up shows have been integrated into football games in the past. Seeing the same play over and over and over but with different jerseys while having to try to skip through everything in the wrapup show that you don't care about and then waiting to load the crap highlights turns me off much more than being able to quickly scroll through news and twitter updates about what's going on in the league.

Having said that, I do agree with what Tweeg said about the removal of things like a transactions log. Like I said in my rant before, CCM is far from perfect, but it's absolutely better than what we've had in recent memory. CCM is a great building block, and if the Madden team has the will to stick with it and build from it, I'm very hopeful that CCM will become the franchise mode that other companies try to emulate.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 AM   #19
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
It just feels more like how FOOTBALL should be. Don't care at all about the celebrities interacting through Twitter in your CC. But whatever, at least everything else around it is decent.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:46 AM   #20
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I know there are a lot of things that should be in M13 presentation-wise at this point in time in football-gaming history, that aren't there.

But I like the twitter feeds and the news stories "page." I think they should have the twitter feeds AND the Tony Romo Radio show. I really liked the Radio show.

And if they don't want to take the time or don't have the time after both of those to make a quality weekly Xtra Point show, then just make a Show that appears just 4 times in the season - once at the beginning of the regular season, once at Thanksgiving, once when the playoffs start, and a last one right before the Super Bowl. That way it feels special and not repetitive.

The more immersive elements the better.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-30-2012, 03:49 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Honestly, I prefer the twitter updates regardless of the repetition over the way weekly wrap up shows have been integrated into football games in the past. Seeing the same play over and over and over but with different jerseys while having to try to skip through everything in the wrapup show that you don't care about and then waiting to load the crap highlights turns me off much more than being able to quickly scroll through news and twitter updates about what's going on in the league.

Having said that, I do agree with what Tweeg said about the removal of things like a transactions log. Like I said in my rant before, CCM is far from perfect, but it's absolutely better than what we've had in recent memory. CCM is a great building block, and if the Madden team has the will to stick with it and build from it, I'm very hopeful that CCM will become the franchise mode that other companies try to emulate.
Unless you're talking about a different game, they didn't even use the same plays in the weekly wrap up in NFL2K. The were randomly generated plays. But you prefer to see the repetitive tweets...? Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #22
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

I don't even need a 'fake' halftime show that most likely would be full of errors and glitches. Just create a 'fake' ESPN.COM that you can 'fake' log into every week by going to "news center" to watch highlights, check stats, have 7-10 important stories of that week, stats, injuries, etc.

I don't need video, I'm really just looking for easy access info on the other teams and to occasionally see my guy on the main ESPN.com screen as the cover story.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
That's what you and I want, yes. But they're gearing towards the casual fans - they know Twitter is a hot commodity.

How was extra point any good? It was absolutely horrible. After the first time watching it you saw nothing new.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Ea always liked gearing towards the casual fans. Its 2k that gears more towards the hardcore fans. Think about it. Ea always wanted to make live more fun not realistic. 2k wants to make their game more realistic and it takes away from the fun of the game because your not always scoring. I'm sure if 2k made a football game i'm sure it would be more realistic than madden but maybe not as fun. If Ea geared toward the hardcore fans, live and madden would be more realistic and madden would still have player editing. But those twitter things kind of remind me of those screens in 2k association with player news and transactions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »